Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
If we’re talking DC proper, nah, DC isn’t a good food city. That doesn’t mean things are trash but there’s nothing to write home about. NoVa does have some better places. And I went to the magnolias in Leesburg or wherever, it was good, not best shyt ever status
Have you been to earls or Eddie v in tysons .

Listen I use to go on rants about the food scene here but Ive found some gems .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Have you been to earls or Eddie v in tysons .

Listen I use to go on rants about the food scene here but Ive found some gems .
yep, that was average as well. IDK, DC is just a place of average food to me. i remember when i moved from DC to Philly for grad school, I had no expectations for a second tier city like Philly, but god damn their restaurant scene blows DC out the water. After I finish this diet, I'm going up to Philly to eat my way through the city :russ:

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
It’s literally dumb bottle always end up cheaper when you know y’all gonna be drinking like that .

Man I love going out with my homegirls we stay getting free shyt .

I hate to be like this but beautiful women get free shyt :hubie:.

They smile and flirt a little they stay getting free drinks .

I tip well so I make great friends with bartender and we be getting hooked up .
You been eating in Chicago, Thiefy? :wow: few places are on the level of food, here.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
plates are prob overpriced.
The plates are pretty standard places for a steakhouse in a big city. I went to the one in Chicago a couple years ago and the prices weren't out of the ordinary.

And I'm pretty sure they're not gonna kick someone out for only $87:unimpressed:

Their issue isn't a family of 4 getting dinner, their issue is a table of 4-5 getting one round of drinks and one appetizer over 2 hours.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No sides? shyt I get full orders of sides so I have a whole 'nother meal, Sheeeeyit
I just don’t eat like this to be honest. I’m reading a lot of posts in here and it’s foreign to me. I’m eating to fill up and I’m rolling out. I don’t even bring that shyt home unless I’m on vacation and I know the food spots are about to close.

I can’t remember the last time I ordered an appetizer or dessert anywhere. I’m just not a foodie I guess. I couldn’t really imagine ordering the steak and it comes with potatoes and veggies and I order more food. Maybe I need to slow down on those drinks :ohhh:

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
I just don’t eat like this to be honest. I’m reading a lot of posts in here and it’s foreign to me. I’m eating to fill up and I’m rolling out. I don’t even bring that shyt home.

I can’t remember the last time I ordered an appetizer or dessert anywhere. I’m just not a foodie I guess. I couldn’t really imagine ordering the steak and it comes with potatoes and veggies and I order more food. Maybe I need to slow down on those drinks :ohhh:
Well most of these places are a la care, they ain't coming with shyt :pachaha:so I get shareable sides, eat till full then have a HELL of a meal for dinner the next day. If the sides are a pasta or lobster Mac and cheese or some shyt it taste even BETTER :ohlawd:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
yep, that was average as well. IDK, DC is just a place of average food to me. i remember when i moved from DC to Philly for grad school, I had no expectations for a second tier city like Philly, but god damn their restaurant scene blows DC out the water. After I finish this diet, I'm going up to Philly to eat my way through the city :russ:
Eddie v is good depending on what you get I get the rib eye and lobster Mac . The butter cake is bomb and so are the drinks . Hope diamond and henny side car .

Earls is really good everything Ive tried is good .

Yea most food places are very average .

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the steaks don't come with shyt. You order a steak, all you get is a steak.

You spend $65 on a ribeye, you've gotta spend at least $12-15 on a side. A cocktail is another $15.

When I'm out with my girl:

Minimum Estimates
Appetizer - $15
Filet - $50
Ribeye - $65
2 sides - $30
2 rounds of cocktails - $60
Dessert - $15

That's $235 right there and we're not taking home leftovers. If I wanna do a soup or add another appetizer, that's another $15 at least. 3 rounds of drinks, add another $30 at least.