Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
just went to this spot fiola mare in DC for my bday, split the check between the 4 of us, it was about $240/person. it was worth it too :noah:
Your friends let you pay :lupe:.

I went to wack ass Joe seafood for my homegirl bday my Bill alone was $500 :mjcry:.

I picked up the tab and had ordered a bottle for the table .

How was the food been looking at that spot the ambiance looks amazing .

Last edited:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
lmaooo

I honestly dont know why we dont when we out
It’s literally dumb bottle always end up cheaper when you know y’all gonna be drinking like that .

Man I love going out with my homegirls we stay getting free shyt .

I hate to be like this but beautiful women get free shyt :hubie:.

They smile and flirt a little they stay getting free drinks .

I tip well so I make great friends with bartender and we be getting hooked up .

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Went there with some coworkers back in 2019. Idk, thought it was just ight. Tbh, Baltimore got better Mexican food.

Lowkey Baltimore might have a better food scene than DC. DC gets props for the decor though.

:yeshrug:
I ain’t even gonna hold you that might be true .

I stay in Bmore for dinner .

Very good date spots !!!!

Dc all about looks the food usually very ok .

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I ain’t even gonna hold you that might be true .

I stay in Bmore for dinner .

Very good date spots !!!!

Dc all about looks the food usually very ok .

they got a new spot called Black Swan (think thats the name) that I wanna try

I honestly dont go to Bmore except maybe once or twice a year. My wife likes to get a room at the Four Seasons and do the rooftop pool. Then we usually eat at a couple of spots. But yeah, I gotta hit down there more

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Went there with some coworkers back in 2019. Idk, thought it was just ight. Tbh, Baltimore got better Mexican food.

Lowkey Baltimore might have a better food scene than DC. DC gets props for the decor though.

bro, I get tired of DC. name some Bmore spots. Imma be out there Monday

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
bro, I get tired of DC. name some Bmore spots. Imma be out there Monday

Couple I’ve been to and enjoyed

-Charleston (Fine French Dining)

-Puerto 511 (Peruvian food)

-Water for Chocolate (black owned spot, probably one of my favorite spots. You gotta try their Jerk Chicken and Waffles with the blueberry compot)

-Azumi (upscale Japanese)

-La Chuchara (Basque food, found it quite adventurous)

-Aldo’s Ristorante (Italian food)

There’s a bunch more but I’d have to dig my memory lol.

I find the Baltimore food scene to be far more adventurous than DC. DC errs on the side of playing it cool.

The Italian food in Bmore is surprisingly very very good. It’d give some spots in NYC and Philly a run for their money.

Report back when you go.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So you think that dress code is due to mostly white crowds? They put them both out at the same time. Dressed them out and priced them out in one move. You know good and well that wasn't cause of the white crowds
Philly got plenty bummy, low class white folks too. Y’all gotta stop acting like black folks the only ones who do this shyt. And you really presses about the dress code for this place? Please point me to any unreasonable ask on their code, places like this aren’t the club nor where you stop in after a sweaty gym session. Nothing they asked in unreasonable they even state how there are no specific requirements for footwear.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Your friends let you pay :lupe:.

I went to wack ass Joe seafood for my homegirl bday my Bill alone was $500 :mjcry:.

I picked up the tab and had ordered a bottle for the table .

How was the food been looking at that spot the ambiance looks amazing .
I wanted to since it was so expensive. And 2 of my girls from that dinner had already planned on taking my to brunch on the weekend, we did that dinner because another friend was visiting from outta town. They held me down!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Bmore definitely has better food and so does philly. No cap, but DC food is quite disappointing, even when I lived here the first time years ago, I was always disappointed eating out. I’ve just calibrated my mind to know a 4 star place on Yelp out here ain’t hitting like a 4 star in the bay. Fiola mare was the first and only place to wow me/live up to the hype

y’all got trash bbq in this region too :ufdup:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Philly got plenty bummy, low class white folks too. Y’all gotta stop acting like black folks the only ones who do this shyt. And you really presses about the dress code for this place? Please point me to any unreasonable ask on their code, places like this aren’t the club nor where you stop in after a sweaty gym session. Nothing they asked in unreasonable they even state how there are no specific requirements for footwear.
I have no problem with high end places. I have no problem with them having a dress code. Some say you gotta have a blazer on. That’s fine. I don’t have a problem with expensive food and drinks. If you giving me high end food, I expect high end prices.

I have a problem when all the sudden you trot out a dress code aimed directly at our fashion. Yes there are bummy white people everywhere. We know they ain’t stigmatized with a style of dress that most of these dress codes adhere to. You can go look at the pics of their Philly location and it’s all white people.

But thats fine. You should be dressing up anyway. It’s not us. It’s for all people… But on the same day, you tell me I’m coming in with my family and I HAVE to order $400 worth of food and drinks for me, my lady and the kids? You counting heads as you come in and what? Running my card before I eat too to make sure I order enough before I leave?

It’s tacky. Tacky as hell. It doesn’t say high end. High end restaurants don’t have to put that on front street. It wouldn’t be a national news story if it was regular for them to do so. And then say it’s for the experience. My son gotta eat $100 worth of food cause I wanna celebrate his game? Some people don’t even drink. It’s pure nonsense.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I have no problem with high end places. I have no problem with them having a dress code. Some say you gotta have a blazer on. That’s fine. I don’t have a problem with expensive food and drinks. If you giving me high end food, I expect high end prices.

I have a problem when all the sudden you trot out a dress code aimed directly at our fashion. Yes there are bummy white people everywhere. We know they ain’t stigmatized with a style of dress that most of these dress codes adhere to. You can go look at the pics of their Philly location and it’s all white people.

But thats fine. You should be dressing up anyway. It’s not us. It’s for all people… But on the same day, you tell me I’m coming in with my family and I HAVE to order $400 worth of food and drinks for me, my lady and the kids? You counting heads as you come in and what? Running my card before I eat too to make sure I order enough before I leave?

It’s tacky. Tacky as hell. It doesn’t say high end. High end restaurants don’t have to put that on front street. It wouldn’t be a national news story if it was regular for them to do so. And then say it’s for the experience. My son gotta eat $100 worth of food cause I wanna celebrate his game? Some people don’t even drink. It’s pure nonsense.
They are not expecting that for a kid, y’all gotta use common sense. And you’re back on the food minimum point which wasn’t my question. You seemed bothered by their dress code and I want to know what on there was an unreasonable ask? It’s basically don’t come in athletic gear, big graphic shirts or shirts with profanity, women, put your titties and ass cheeks away, and please don’t hotbox in your car before walking in here. And that’s one I can co-sign, people walking around smelling like weed everywhere they go is obnoxious - same a cig smokers and their smell when they haven’t aired out.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They are not expecting that for a kid, y’all gotta use common sense. And you’re back on the food minimum point which wasn’t my question. You seemed bothered by their dress code and I want to know what on there was an unreasonable ask? It’s basically don’t come in athletic gear, big graphic shirts or shirts with profanity, women, put your titties and ass cheeks away, and please don’t hotbox in your car before walking in here. And that’s one I can co-sign, people walking around smelling like weed everywhere they go is obnoxious - same a cig smokers and their smell when they haven’t aired out.
Because they go hand and hand. One day, out the blue, they trot out big ass signs to announce policy changes. Both those changes combined say to me “keep them nikkas up out of here”

If it was one or the other, I’d still say fukk them. But they went all in. News media wouldn’t be picking this up just for a dress code. The code PLUS the limit says they are doing something weird and you know what conclusion most people will come to. It wasn’t for Biff and Sally.