Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Is it to keep out black people specifically? I don’t think so. I think it’s to keep out people who don’t spend enough to break even and who can’t present themselves for the occasion.

Let’s not act like black owned clubs don’t have a dress code as well. Some coffee shops won’t let you sit down if you don’t order anything. Hell, some gas stations say bathrooms are for paying customer only lol.

At the end of the day the restaurant business is a business on thin margins. If I’m the owner and I see week after week I get parties that spend 2-3 hrs during primer dinner time but only spend $70 when I need like $150 a head to break even then I’ll have to make some changes. Especially if there are other parties willing to spend $300-$400.
So you think that dress code is due to mostly white crowds? They put them both out at the same time. Dressed them out and priced them out in one move. You know good and well that wasn't cause of the white crowds

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Ive said enough in here.. My whole point was 100.00 is not that much in certain cities. if you in a city that wages aint that high and upscale restaraunts seem like a waste, cool! I totally get that.

but growing up and living in DC its pretty much the norm to spend a hundred. Im not into calling people broke. I got family that dont have money.

I had a couple of cousins in NC. I went to visit them one year and said hey, lets go to Fridays. They had NEVER been there before. I was in shock. We talking bout Fridays and they were damn near 45 yrs old.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
So you think that dress code is due to mostly white crowds? They put them both out at the same time. Dressed them out and priced them out in one move. You know good and well that wasn't cause of the white crowds

Not all business is good business especially if it messes with your cash cows:yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Ive said enough in here.. My whole point was 100.00 is not that much in certain cities. if you in a city that wages aint that high and upscale restaraunts seem like a waste, cool! I totally get that.

but growing up and living in DC its pretty much the norm to spend a hundred. Im not into calling people broke. I got family that dont have money.

I had a couple of cousins in NC. I went to visit them one year and said hey, lets go to Fridays. They had NEVER been there before. I was in shock. We talking bout Fridays and they were damn near 45 yrs old.
Small world... Been in the dmV since 7th grade and all my family is from NC..

And here I'm coming at you over some dumb shyt. For real my fault

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Maybe I'm just a skinny guy... I don't ever eat that much

I usually start off with some drinks, drink till the main food come, eat most to all of it, might have some more drinks, call it a day. I don't get full on appetizers, sides come with and I'm never full for dessert...

Again.. Have no problem spending the money. The problem is being forced to spend money on shyt I don't want. What if I want a huge steak and 3 drinks... "Sorry sir that only comes to 89.50... Can you order some snack cakes to go or get the fukk out" What if you got some kids there? What the hell they eating and drinking for $100? Grandma gotta take down 4 vodka shots too? Or do I need to take 8 to make up for her?

Nah... It's strictly to keep black people out. Or why not say "$100 with tip included" So if I don't want all that, I can just leave all the rest in tips.. Nope.. Tip and Tax not included.. Not even taxes lol..

They know what they doing. That's why the dress code is so important. That sound like preppy white boy attire? Of course not. Keep y'all nikkas over there with 100 rule changes and force you to buy things you may not want..
They aren’t running you off if you get to 89 dollars. They just don’t want a bunch of tables for 6 occupied for 2 hours and getting 15 a head from it. It’s that simple. No one will care if you sitting at the bar and only tally up 74 dollars sitting by your lonesome.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
:hhh:
You got plenty of options in DC for food but you want to spend 100 on a upscale Taco Bell.
Lmaooo I was bout to say nikkas go there for drinks and stunt .

Guapos in shirlington the best Mexican restaurant in the area period .

No other guapos doe just that one :whoa:.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
The money I spend on food is ridiculous :wow:.

No longer in the sneaker game don’t care bout clothing but I’m spending a bag on dates and food period .

I usually go out with my homegirls every other week .

We be spending crazy money on food .

These prices ain’t shyt respectfully .

No bragging everyone got their thing .

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Speaking of Mi Vida... somebody said how can you spend a 100.00 in a mexican spot.. this how. Had this in my phone me and 3 other people...lol

20201205-215633.jpg