Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I'll stick to the food in Belize until tomorrow... Then I'll fly out to Costa Rica on tuesday and experience the food there. Maybe I'll stop in Arby's cause I do love the beef and cheddars... Then I'll fly to the next city and do it again...

While you bragging bout $100 like I don't make that in an hour of work... nikka please don't try and fake stunt on me over a bill my nikka.. They don't even want your black ass in the establishment you bragging about

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Clothes I mix it up. Generally only spend big on shoes, outerwear (jackets) and tailor made traditional Nigerian fits. Things that last. Jeans and tops for the most part I keep reasonable. Heck, one of my best jeans I got from American Eagle and I get mad compliments on it. Best part is I got them before the integrity in clothes started dipping :francis:

Hotel, it depends where I’m going, for what and how long. Did a weekend trip to VA Beach earlier this year and stayed in a Quality Inn for like $80 a night :yeshrug:

Conversely, I was in Europe a few years back and in the city centers I’d look for a nice Marriott to stay in to “finish up my trip”. Spend a few nights with my boys then book my own spot for a few nights.

Vacation is really where I’ll splurge, especially if I’m going where my money goes further (Asia, Africa etc). That 3K you bring spends like 6-7K in certain countries :whew:

Naija in Detty December :wow:
RIGHT!!!! I'm on my 4th international vacation of the year and it's May and covid.. But brehs acting like steak dinner is the be all end all... And not just steak dinner.. It must be from this place who has shown they don't want us there, or that means you eat mcdonalds everyday and wear shyt from good will

What in the entire hell is going on in here?

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
RIGHT!!!! I'm on my 4th international vacation of the year and it's May and covid.. But brehs acting like steak dinner is the be all end all... And not just steak dinner.. It must be from this place who has shown they don't want us there, or that means you eat mcdonalds everyday and wear shyt from good will

Post anything you think you got to stunt? Dont go down this road with me.. lol

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Funny thing too is you can run up a nice tab at these lower tier restaurants too if you order the right shyt. Like I remember the first time I took my now wife out to the Hard Rock Cafe when we went on vacation and we racked up a 75 dollar tab.. I kinda jumped a bit when I saw the tab but I paid with no problem because I felt she was worth it. That food wasn’t worth nowhere near that but that’s cool lol. I just enjoyed being out with her making memories. Again, I’m not mad at that restaurant at all for this. There’s no point in being mad about it if you’re not eating there. I’d save that kinda place for when I want to put on my good clothes and go out on some different shyt. You can only do an Applebee’s, Chili’s, Red Lobster, Miyabi’s etc type restaurant for so long before shyt starts getting boring. Sometimes you have to switch it up:yeshrug:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

I feel you on the bolded.

For the most part, brehs and brehettes are just saying $100 a head at a proper steak house isn’t anything out of the ordinary.

1 small NY Strip, 1 appetizer, 1 side and 2 drinks isn’t something out of the ordinary for one person dining out, even at Applebees. Only difference is at steak 48 that order will run you $107. It is what it is.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I feel you on the bolded.

For the most part, brehs and brehettes are just saying $100 a head at a proper steak house isn’t anything out of the ordinary.

1 small NY Strip, 1 appetizer, 1 side and 2 drinks isn’t something out of the ordinary for one person dining out, even at Applebees. Only difference is at steak 48 that order will run you $107. It is what it is.
Maybe I'm just a skinny guy... I don't ever eat that much

I usually start off with some drinks, drink till the main food come, eat most to all of it, might have some more drinks, call it a day. I don't get full on appetizers, sides come with and I'm never full for dessert...

Again.. Have no problem spending the money. The problem is being forced to spend money on shyt I don't want. What if I want a huge steak and 3 drinks... "Sorry sir that only comes to 89.50... Can you order some snack cakes to go or get the fukk out" What if you got some kids there? What the hell they eating and drinking for $100? Grandma gotta take down 4 vodka shots too? Or do I need to take 8 to make up for her?

Nah... It's strictly to keep black people out. Or why not say "$100 with tip included" So if I don't want all that, I can just leave all the rest in tips.. Nope.. Tip and Tax not included.. Not even taxes lol..

They know what they doing. That's why the dress code is so important. That sound like preppy white boy attire? Of course not. Keep y'all nikkas over there with 100 rule changes and force you to buy things you may not want..

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

What you want vacation pics? A car note? A bank account? My paycheck from my networking job? What would you like me to post that says "I can spend $100 tonight" shyt I spend that on weed.. Can I stunt on you with my grow house? How about the weed farm in jamaica? Or the travel business I own? What piece of debt would you like me to post to prove I have money?

Cut it out fam... I been on the same point.. These motherfukkers put in a dress code and upped the amounts so black people wouldn't want to go in there. The food did not improve last week. The service didn't either. Two people could go in an get the most expensive thing here and two drinks and it was fine in May... And those same people order the same thing today, and they get looked at as peasants and FORCED to order more shyt they don't want, to appease the white owners and say "we belong here too"

And y'all fighting with all your energy to clown the black folks that see this as a problem. Trying to stunt on me like I can't afford a half ounce worth of weed for a steak, cause I feel you're fukking retarded for letting them force you into it. I named other places to go, higher upscale places and other shyt to do with your time and money.. None of them hollywood joints got a table price. They won't even let you in if they don't know you, yet you think a $100 gateway is the pinnacle? I paid that for a new years eve party and I didn't even get food.. shyt..

In all seriousness... Feel what you want about me. But I'm not here to knock what you doing. I'm just saying they playing you.. They saw too many nikkas in there and made changes. You can take that same $100 to another restaurant who ain't forcing you to get drunk so they don't have to look at nikkas walk in. But you got it.. You can stunt on me fam. I'm not gonna hold you

Im erasing this response

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Nah... It's strictly to keep black people out.

They know what they doing

Is it to keep out black people specifically? I don’t think so. I think it’s to keep out people who don’t spend enough to break even and who can’t present themselves for the occasion.

Let’s not act like black owned clubs don’t have a dress code as well. Some coffee shops won’t let you sit down if you don’t order anything. Hell, some gas stations say bathrooms are for paying customer only lol.

At the end of the day the restaurant business is a business on thin margins. If I’m the owner and I see week after week I get parties that spend 2-3 hrs during primer dinner time but only spend $70 when I need like $150 a head to break even then I’ll have to make some changes. Especially if there are other parties willing to spend $300-$400.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I guess growing up in a city in Texas never saw dress codes as rascist.Alot of black clubs have em out here and these be twerking at brunch spots.The person dollar minimum mite be rascist but Ive never heard of a fight happening at Houston Steak48

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
So your idea of stunting on me is watches and shorts... But I spoke of owning farmland of legal drug money in two countries... Yea.. We not talking the same at all. And this is clearly why you can't understand my point and why you think it's so impressive to spend $200. And why you rushed in here to post this photo like that's stunting and would win the convo for you

Like I said from jump... You cared.. You cared about this a lot.. It's all wrapped around in your ego

I erased this response

Last edited: