Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
3 drinks at minimum can run you $35..

your food can run you $40

then your tip would put you at about $100..
Problem is this is $100 no tax or tip included.. So order another 3 drinks or another plate of food... And then order it all again for your guest

It'd be one thing if the food was actually better. I'm sure that $40 mexican plate wasn't too much better than going to the mom and pop mexican spot where they got the same food, bigger portions and the shyt cost $20 a plate

I mean 15 bucks a drink is just price gouging tho. I can dig a steak being $50 or $75 but ain't shyt special bout rum and coke.
Man I went to Liv once and got a Vodka and Cran... bytch gonna lean over and say $25.

I haven't been to Miami since unless it was a layover... I can get bottles of Rose in the club in Brazil for $25.. I remember the strip club in ATL had bottles of Moet for $30... I'm paying $25 for a vodka and coke.. Regular shelf vodka at that

Hell they do it with food. I remember going to 40/40 and ordering food. $50 chicken fingers.. shyt would be better off going to the kids menu at Ruby Tuesday. 4 dry ass, unseasoned chicken fingers, no bigger than the ones you picturing right now... And some ketchup... $50 motherfukking dollars.

It's not like a steak or something I might get a better cut or quality of meat.. no no no... Regular ass everyday chicken fingers, $12.50 a piece

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
1...alcohol is marked up wildly at restaurants and bars, regardless of what tier of alcohol you're drinking - it's where they make their money
2...a nice restaurant aint gonna be serving bacardi or smirnoff, so off top, you aint gonna be getting $7/8 drinks, "cheap" drinks will start at mid tier brands (i.e. stoli) and only go up from there
3...the past decade has stepped up the cocktail game something fierce, a lot of house-made syrups and bitters, specialty ingredients, fresh fruits/garnish/herbs, small batch/independent spirits, those shyts gonna run you 12-20+, especially in big cities
Cut it out.. My nikka stoli costs LESS than smirnoff. a 750 ml bottle of stoli is $16 and smirnoff around $23-25

They price gouging like shyt. That vodka and cran cost the same money at the best spot in cali as it does at a hole in the wall in chicago... One just want to charge you more for it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Cut it out.. My nikka stoli costs LESS than smirnoff. a 750 ml bottle of stoli is $16 and smirnoff around $23-25

They price gouging like shyt. That vodka and cran cost the same money at the best spot in cali as it does at a hole in the wall in chicago... One just want to charge you more for it.
Smirnoff

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/vodka/vodka/stolichnaya/p/3720175?glia=true

:russell:

Whether your find one cheaper or not, still don’t matter. Stoli is a better vodka

and you posting just to post, I just said all alcohol is marked up across all tiers - that’s the money maker for restaurants.

Alcohol Pricing: How to Price Liquor for Your Bar
A good profit margin on the most common cocktails is about 80%.

That’s, on average, 10-15% higher than food. Not too shabby.
Average Drink Prices at Bars
Most restaurants are aiming for 20% pour cost and 80% margin on liquor sales. That means the average drink price at bars is between $5 and $15.

And drinks cost more in big cities, this isn’t opinion, it’s fact. Y’all got issues with $15 drinks, cool, don’t get them, that’s an average price in all the cities ive lived in, I don’t have an issue with it. No shyt I can buy a bottle a drink at home for less, but clearly I’m not trying to do that if I’m going out

the-cheapest-and-most-expensive-cities-to-drink-in-the-united-states-1.jpg

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Smirnoff

Whether your find one cheaper or not, still don’t matter. Stoli is a better vodka

and you posting just to post, I just said all alcohol is marked up across all tiers - that’s the money maker for restaurants.

And drinks cost more in big cities, this isn’t opinion, it’s fact. Y’all got issues with $15 drinks, cool, don’t get them, that’s an average price in all the cities ive lived in, I don’t have an issue with it. No shyt I can buy a bottle a drink at home for less, but clearly I’m not trying to do that if I’m going out

Thanks....

But what you said was they won't have cheap shyt... then proceeded to name something they will have that's "mid tier" to justify the higher pricing... But there is no justification cause it's the same damn tier and even less of a price

I didn't disagree with anything else you said though. Just pointing out how you even falling for that bullshyt.. Better vodka my ass. That is one level above the shyt in the plastic bottles and they'll bang you for $300 for a bottle on some "it's a better vodka"

It's fukking shyt... They making people drink absolute (no pun) shyt and telling you it's worth it cause the ambiance... They full of shyt and anybody justifying it is full of shyt too (not you)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Thanks....

But what you said was they won't have cheap shyt... then proceeded to name something they will have that's "mid tier" to justify the higher pricing... But there is no justification cause it's the same damn tier and even less of a price

I didn't disagree with anything else you said though. Just pointing out how you even falling for that bullshyt.. Better vodka my ass. That is one level above the shyt in the plastic bottles and they'll bang you for $300 for a bottle on some "it's a better vodka"

It's fukking shyt... They making people drink absolute (no pun) shyt and telling you it's worth it cause the ambiance... They full of shyt and anybody justifying it is full of shyt too (not you)
Breh, if you feel it’s the same tier, good for you. Stoli is a better vodka. I’ve never seen Smirnoff priced higher than stoli unless one was on sale. And pretty much every dive to mid tier bar I’ve been to, stoli and even absolut, are priced higher than Smirnoff. Finally, I could’ve named anything to make and example - Cuervo vs Casamigos...etc. the point is they aren’t serving bottom shelf, thus the markup starts from a higher price point.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Breh, if you feel it’s the same tier, good for you. Stoli is a better vodka. I’ve never seen Smirnoff priced higher than stoli unless one was on sale. And pretty much every dive to mid tier bar I’ve been to, stoli and even absolut, are priced higher than Smirnoff. Finally, I could’ve named anything to make and example - Cuervo vs Casamigos...etc. the point is they aren’t serving bottom shelf, thus the markup starts from a higher price point.
I'm not going to fight with you... You seen it more, I've seen it less, what's $2-3 between 16-19 or 19-23...

My only point was that shyt ain't $40-50 dollar vodka. It ain't even $35 belvedere. That's mid tier to me. You want top tier, like any liquor, you going in the glass case. They will run you $60-80-100 and up. That's the ONLY liquor I expect to see, when the steak is $100 or the drinks are $25. If you're trying to sell me on upscale and top tier dining, don't approach me with no cheap as bottle of stoli or anything else I can buy in jug size

It's not classy to me. It's highway robbery. Salt Bae gonna at least get me some prime cuts of meat. Ruth Chris is going to give me a much better steak than Ruby Tuesday. But Ruby and Ruth selling me the same ass, cheap ass vodka? It's just $15 more at Ruth cause reasons?

It's downright disrespectful to do that then turn around and act high class like you too good for people. nikka you serving fukking stoli. They don't serve that shyt in beverly hills but you wanna talk like you already got a restaurant there. It's the principle..

I didn't mean to come at you like that

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I think it is fairly obvious that they only want to attract "certain" individuals to their establishment. Setting a price floor would weed out the "undesirables" (:mjpls:) and make the experience better for "the good ones":mjpls:
This is fairly common with "high-end" restaurants in downtown Philly. It's more racist than many people (who don't live here) know.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I think it is fairly obvious that they only want to attract "certain" individuals to their establishment. Setting a price floor would weed out the "undesirables" (:mjpls:) and make the experience better for "the good ones":mjpls:
What's really amazing is their way of cutting out all the black people.....

So they hit you with the dress code to get most of us out. But then you think, "OK I'll just hit the mall, get fresh and comply, and they'll let me in!"

Nope... Then they hit you with the $100 a person, just in case your black ass made it through the first set of hoops.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What's really amazing is their way of cutting out all the black people.....

So they hit you with the dress code to get most of us out. But then you think, "OK I'll just hit the mall, get fresh and comply, and they'll let me in!"

Nope... Then they hit you with the $100 a person, just in case your black ass made it through the first set of hoops.

Gotta jump through hoops to eat at a damned resturant it's fukking ridiculous...:hhh: I know the place is high end but still...:camby: et the white folks be fleeced.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Smirnoff

damn, we 2nd highest..lol

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
thread hilarious...

its levels of dining. if 100.00 too much for some of y'all, so be it.

I had some nygga from Alabama in here trying to argue me down.. Like nygga, you in Alabama..lol of course this shyt foreign to you. Thats why I ask where y'all from.

No need to scream about why you wouldnt pay for a 15.00 drink. I completely understand why y'all wouldnt. Its a big city thing

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
All you dusty negroes shocked that people are willing to pay $100/person to eat at a nice place, please get your fukking weight up.

I need you broke negroes to holler at us in the crypto thread or the stock trading thread so you can learn how to make money.

This thread exposed alot of people. Damn