Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
One, they may have had issues with too many diners in there tying up tables without actually spending much...someone mentioned a fight there, they may be trying to weed out a certain crowd

two, like I said, restaurants spent a year losing money, I’m not mad at them for setting what’s a very attainable minimum spend per person. They trying to make up ground for lost revenue. Waiter who been out of work also want real tips, not 10% tip on your appetizer. For every person upset or triggered by this, there are two more who couldn’t give AF as that’s what they’d be spending there anyway. Everything ain’t for everybody:yeshrug:

Like I said me personally I can afford it but Im not feeling a restaurant telling me I have to spend a set amount per person. There are plenty of high-scale steak restaurants I can grub at that dont have that requirement.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
wendys-5-biggie-bag-youtube-promo.png

:win:

sheesh.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I dont mind the gratuity, most establishment do this now.

I do mind a restaurant telling me I have to spend a set amount per person.
Yeah it's fukked up having a minimum but imagine you had a popular restaurant that everybody wanted to eat at. Multiple tables have been there for 30+ minutes and only ordered a drink and an app. Maybe 50-75 dollars.

The tables next to them has had multiple changes of guest that spent $100+. You're losing potential money with people sitting around bullshytting. They're holding up the line and some people don't want to wait. They tell their friends it takes too long to get a table. Now the only people you serve are spending $75 max bc the money went somewhere else.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Enjoy, life is short, but I know I am getting a Steak Maui from J Alexanders with Mac and cheese. It's been too long.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Lol, if y’all think this is bad what about restaurants with a set menu and a flat fee per head?

Eleven Madison Park in NYC is like $300+ per person.

MADISON PARK...:pachaha: of course that's like near billionaires row $300 is literally chump change to the patrons over there... and the owners know that...

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Maybe some restaurants like the one that was mentioned by OP needs a little of more Covid 19 quarantines lock down in order to be humble. Yes I get that theirs businesses out there that lost revenues due to the shut down but I'm sure there's another way on trying to recuperate the loss.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just from their menu

1 small NY Strip - $48
1 pork belly app - $15
1 mac n cheese - $13
2 mixed drinks - $32

That’s $107 already. Not sure what the complaint is. Seems started for a steakhouse.

Take out the drinks and you’re still at $75 for one.

People accustomed to Applebee's steaks are the only ones complaining.

How? Entrees are served alone, you need to buy sides separately. Most couples or groups will spend $100/head if they share an app, get two entrees, get 2 sides, one person gets and drink and one gets a desert. That’s a very normal amount of food dining out.

avg price steak is 65
Avg non steak entree price 45
Asparagus 14
Two baked potatoes 24
Avg app price 17
Dessert 16

thats ~180 and that’s sharing an appetizer, side and dessert, no drinks.

$14 for aparagus and $24 for 2 baked potatoes:russ:

They got Wagyu spuds now?:ohhh:

I don't mind the upcharge on protein but these restaurants always get slick with something they can't justify a high cost of. At least a steak takes effort to trim and technique to cook properly. You not about to wrap two potatoes in foil, toss them in the oven, and charge me like I bought 40 lbs of them.

I see they don't list the price of Wagyu on the menu. They gotta be over $300.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Great marketing.
Now you bout to get a buncha nikkas showing off talking bout some "$100 just to walk through the door. We eat different round here":mjlol:

Personally I've found most food at pricey restaurants to be aight and overrated.
Put $40 next to items on waffle house menu and you'd think it was better too :ld: