Restaurant owner who saved his business... by keeping black diners away

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
What?:what:
Who is forcing those waiters to serve you? Are they not getting a check at the end of the week whether you tip or not? The fukk is wrong with you soft ass nikkas? Nobody is forcing these people to wait tables for a living. GTFOH with your shytty logic. :camby:
I really wish your bytch ass could work in a restaurant for even a month, especially if that restaurant is in the hood.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
You retort "bad" logic with equally bad logic ?
Whos forcing them to serve you ? UGH your dusty ass who sat down in the booth forced them too....

What??? Did they not choose to work at the restaurant as a waiter???? What the hell is going on in this thread??

Forced? nikka it's their job.

I'm confused... Do nikkas not know that waiters get a paycheck? :mindblown:

Nikkas always want to get over on people. Can't give someone a few dollars for serving your crusty ass. We're talking about four or five dollars here. Petty sh*t. Nikkas like you give us all a bad rep...

Get mad when people don't want to tip waiters for doing their jobs brehs.

I really wish your bytch ass could work in a restaurant for even a month, especially if that restaurant is in the hood.

:pachaha:

My nikka I've worked worse jobs than being a waiter and nobody has ever tipped me. :wow: @ getting tips for doing your job.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
I wasn't going to comment on this, but I decided to to share my insight.

I worked at an Applebee's for 3 years while in college. It was just 10 blocks from campus but wasn't far from the hood either, so our clientele was very mixed. My Applebee's menu used to be dirt cheap for a shytload of food. I'm sure everyone knows about the 2 for $20 deal, 2-4-1 drinks, half off appetizers after 10, etc. This sort of pricing tends to attract some very low class people who believe they are fine dining even though Applebee's is barely a step up from McDonald's. Given this, hood people still try and nickle-and-dime EVERYTHING. They complain about food portions, want every sauce under the sun just to eat some fries, drink like animals dying of thirst in the desert, and give you the shyttiest attitudes.

For the people saying that black families are sometimes stereotyped at the door and given shyt service which leads to shytty tips...while this may be true, it's definitely not the norm, at least not from what I've experienced. Service can be immaculate and they still leave shytty tips or no tip at all. Or what they'll do they'll find reasons not to tip you. For instance, if you forgot some BBQ sauce, even though they saw you trying to balance 4 plates and 2 drinks on the way to their table.

I will say this though...ignorance came in every color. The majority was black, however.

I always said to myself that if I ever owned a restaurant, it would be one that served high priced food. This isn't aimed to price out just blacks. It's aimed to price out ignorant, low class people that make dining experiences extremely difficult and uncomfortable for everyone but themselves. It just so happens that a lot of these ignorant, low class people are most of the time black, unfortunately. Whenever me and my family goes out to eat, we overtip and are never a pain in the ass. But my family was bred different and we have class and standards - things that are severely lacking in a good portion of our community.

Last edited:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
What??? Did they not choose to work at the restaurant as a waiter???? What the hell is going on in this thread??

Get mad when people don't want to tip waiters for doing their jobs brehs.

:pachaha:

My nikka I've worked worse jobs than being a waiter and nobody has ever tipped me. :wow: @ getting tips for doing your job.

Depending on the restaurant, being a waiter is more lucrative then working in retail or some clerk job somewhere. That's why people do it, because the earning potential is greater than other jobs that you don't need a degree for.

This paycheck you keep talking about, you realize servers on average only get paid $4.50/hour right? For instance, in college I typically working anywhere from 10-25 hours a week and we got paid biweekly. The highest check I ever saw at the end of my 2 weeks was somewhere around $180. Who the fukk can live off of $180 after 2 weeks worth of work?

People usually tip people that do service jobs. That's just how this country works. I tip my mechanic, the pizza guy, the restaurant to-go person, caterer, whoever. If you don't believe in tipping, I wish nikkas like you would tell your waiter beforehand so you can help your damn self to your food. :pacspit:

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wasn't going to comment on this, but I decided to to share my insight.

I worked at an Applebee's for 3 years while in college. It was just 10 blocks from campus but wasn't far from the hood either, so our clientele was very mixed. My Applebee's menu used to be dirt cheap for a shytload of food. I'm sure everyone knows about the 2 for $20 deal, 2-4-1 drinks, half off appetizers after 10, etc. This sort of pricing tends to attract some very low class people who believe they are fine dining even though Applebee's is barely a step up from McDonald's. Given this, hood people still try and nickle-and-dime EVERYTHING. They complain about food portions, want every sauce under the sun just to eat some fries, drink like animals dying of thirst in the desert, and give you the shyttiest attitudes.

For the people saying that black families are sometimes stereotyped at the door and given shyt service which leads to shytty tips...while this may be true, it's definitely not the norm, at least not from what I've experienced. Service can be immaculate and they still leave shytty tips or no tip at all. Or what they'll do they'll find reasons not to tip you. For instance, if you forgot some BBQ sauce, even though they saw you trying to balance 4 plates and 2 drinks on the way to their table.

I will say this though...ignorance came in every color. The majority was black, however.

I always said to myself that if I ever owned a restaurant, it would be one that served high priced food. This isn't aimed to price out just blacks. It's aimed to price out ignorant, low class people that make dining experiences extremely difficult and comfortable for everyone but themselves. It just so happens that a lot of these ignorant, low class people are most of the time black, unfortunately. Whenever me and my family goes out to eat, we overtip and are never a pain in the ass. But my family was bred different and we have class and standards - things that are severely lacking in a good portion of our community.

Restaurant owners shouldn't cheap out and pay their staff minimum wages. If you're the employer, it's up to you to pay your staff accordingly. If I own a restaurant, I wouldn't even allow tips...they should be built into the price. I think tipping is something negative rather than a positive because of what you mentioned above. I mentioned this in another thread about tipping...I don't believe in tipping because I think everyone takes advantage of it (if you're the customer, you can hold out on tipping for a stupid reason...but that person may rely on your tips to make ends meet; if you're the waiter, you can figure out who's going to be a "good tipper" and make sure they're better taken care of than the person you may not think is going to tip well)...but I do tip because it's something that is expected...and I don't want to be a dikk about it.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Depending on the restaurant, being a waiter is more lucrative then working in retail or some clerk job somewhere. That's why people do it, because the earning potential is greater than other jobs that you don't need a degree for.

This paycheck you keep talking about, you realize servers on average only get paid $4.50/hour right? For instance, in college I typically working anywhere from 10-25 hours a week and we got paid biweekly. The highest check I ever saw at the end of my 2 weeks was somewhere around $180. Who the fukk can live off of $180 after 2 weeks worth of work?

People usually tip people that do service jobs. That's just how this country works. I tip my mechanic, the pizza guy, the restaurant to-go person, caterer, whoever. If you don't believe in tipping, I wish nikkas like you would tell your waiter beforehand so you can help your damn self to your food. :pacspit:

You guys seem to forget that nobody is forcing these waiters to work there though. If you're going to cry about not getting tipped on your job, then quit. There a tons of other shytty hourly jobs to work while you're in school.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
believe fake racist propaganda, which subtly served is most believable brehs

black people ARE pretty horrible in general, though :ld:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Restaurant owners shouldn't cheap out and pay their staff minimum wages. If you're the employer, it's up to you to pay your staff accordingly. If I own a restaurant, I wouldn't even allow tips...they should be built into the price. I think tipping is something negative rather than a positive because of what you mentioned above. I mentioned this in another thread about tipping...I don't believe in tipping because I think everyone takes advantage of it (if you're the customer, you can hold out on tipping for a stupid reason...but that person may rely on your tips to make ends meet; if you're the waiter, you can figure out who's going to be a "good tipper" and make sure they're better taken care of than the person you may not think is going to tip well)...but I do tip because it's something that is expected...and I don't want to be a dikk about it.
Restaurant profit margins are too small for restaurants not to pay their servers those wages.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I dont understand this. if you're not gonna tip your server, why would you go to a restaurant in the first place??? if you wanna NOT tip people, get carryout or go to a fast food joint. I tip at sit down restaurants, but I'm not tipping at places like chipotle tho. cuz those folks aren't making less than minimum wage like a waiter/waitress does. Personally, I'd be embarrased to go to a sit down restaurant and not tip them if the service was good. who does this????

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Restaurant profit margins are too small for restaurants not to pay their servers those wages.
It's done in many places around the world. Like I said, I tip anyway, but I'm not a fan of how things are structured here.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
You guys seem to forget that nobody is forcing these waiters to work there though. If you're going to cry about not getting tipped on your job, then quit. There a tons of other shytty hourly jobs to work while you're in school.
:why:

Did you miss this?

I used to make more in tips than friends I had they were making $10/hour or less, and it's virtually tax free if you fudge your tip earnings right. Add in the fact you pretty much get paid on spot every time you worked, that's why people flock to server/bartender jobs.

There are some servers and bartenders in some areas that can make $50k a year or better. For example, servers in restaurants by high tourist areas BANK. My cousin in South Florida is a nurse. Her boyfriend is a bartender and they make the same amount of money annually.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
I dont understand this. if you're not gonna tip your server, why would you go to a restaurant in the first place??? if you wanna NOT tip people, get carryout or go to a fast food joint. I tip at sit down restaurants, but I'm not tipping at places like chipotle tho. cuz those folks aren't making less than minimum wage like a waiter/waitress does. Personally, I'd be embarrased to go to a sit down restaurant and not tip them if the service was good. who does this????
Low class people like @Spud34 whose parents probably didn't teach him better.

Raava

Staff member
Daps

Do you know how much waiter make an hour?