Restaurant owner who saved his business... by keeping black diners away

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
One is too many. Studies show that blacks are more prone to tip based on service as opposed to just out of habit. This reddit deal is a case of confirmation bias.

I bet if 10 black parties showed up at a restaurant, 6 tipped normally, 2 tipped especially well, and 2 left almost nothing, the non tippers would be remembered.

What is perceived to be real is real in its consequences. I'm not a server but for some reason I know about this stereotype. Why? It's very very pervasive. Something like that has an incredible influence on how black diners are treated and we react accordingly. It's a chicken and egg deal.

Now personally I try to tip very well and am overly nice at restaurants and bars. Partly because I just go out to a few places and they remember shyt like that and partly because I bet being a server sucks. If it helps break the stereotypes cool.

It is their fukking job to SERVE YOU, breh. Nobody is forcing them to take that shytty job. Why do people think its a sin to not leave a tip/tip low? You just gave that restaurant business, now you're suppose to fill the pockets of their workers?:dahell:

I feel like eating out and not tipping off the strength of this shytty, cacs gonna Cac thread.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is their fukking job to SERVE YOU, breh. Nobody is forcing them to take that shytty job. Why do people think its a sin to not leave a tip/tip low? You just gave that restaurant business, now you're suppose to fill the pockets of their workers?:dahell:

I feel like eating out and not tipping off the strength of this shytty, cacs gonna Cac thread.

Yeah it's their job. You're acting like the job market is just open to whatever though. I'm willing to bet that most folks in the service industry would rather be elsewhere.

Greasing palms works. I'm not a particularly friendly dude but I know that if someone is touching my food or making my drink, being friendly and tipping well is usually a good idea.

I work retail :snoop: and its no secret that we go out of our way for the friendly ones and anyone giving tips has been known to get stuff for damn near free. :yeshrug:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
If you look through the entire thread (I posted the link in OP), there are some 5000+ comments, with many others coming from various different backgrounds describing having similar experiences. Just dismissing it as "fake" or some kind of ant-black racist conspiracy isn't convincing at all.

there wasnt anyone else who claimed that they actively began illegally discriminating against black people, because serving black people was somehow ruining their business. Some people did relay poor experiences with black customers, and with the way racism operates people will remember THOSE incidents, versus similar incidents w/ white customers, because of a priori hostilities towards people of color.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yeah it's their job. You're acting like the job market is just open to whatever though. I'm willing to bet that most folks in the service industry would rather be elsewhere.

Greasing palms works. I'm not a particularly friendly dude but I know that if someone is touching my food or making my drink, being friendly and tipping well is usually a good idea.

I work retail :snoop: and its no secret that we go out of our way for the friendly ones and anyone giving tips has been known to get stuff for damn near free. :yeshrug:

Th only thing you're suppose to do is be nice so they don't fukk with your food. That's why I know the OP story is full of sh*t. Nobody would risk their food being tampered with by being extra disrespectful to a waiter. But tipping? GTFOH, these bums get paid to serve you. I don't care if they want to be there or not, that's the way the world works.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
because there are waaaayyyyy too many blacks that leave poor tips to outweigh the ones that do. it sucks for the one that do but thats how the restaurant business goes.

i worked as a server for many big restaurants and all the servers, even the black ones dont want to take the table of blacks. they just dont tip

Word. Nikkas acting dumb like there arent multiple threads about tipping on here, where dudes talking about they don't believe in it. I always tip good.......Im not a cheap azz muthafukka and I understand that when you tip good and go back to that place frequently, folk will remember you and treat you with respect. Alot of our people be on that bullsh*t. I can't go nowhere with my sister. She expects to run a waitress around for 45 mins, leave a $1.00 tip and the entire meal, she's examining her food for the slightest problem so she can get the meal for free :camby:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

If your ass too cheap to leave a tip, go to fukking Burger King. You can get all the whoppers you want nikka. Hell, most chain restaurants have takeout windows. You can do that too nikka. Yall cats kill me. All yall nikkas got six cars, six bedroom houses and six figure jobs yet you complain about throwing a server $5. :camby:Ether way you gonna pay. If every restaurant got rid of the tipping system to accommodate your cheap azz, your steak would start costing $20 instead of $14...your drinks would be $3.50 instead of $2...

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
If your ass too cheap to leave a tip, go to fukking Burger King. You can get all the whoppers you want nikka. Hell, most chain restaurants have takeout windows. You can do that too nikka. Yall cats kill me. All yall nikkas got six cars, six bedroom houses and six figure jobs yet you complain about throwing a server $5. :camby:Ether way you gonna pay. If every restaurant got rid of the tipping system to accommodate your cheap azz, your steak would start costing $20 instead of $14...your drinks would be $3.50 instead of $2...

What?:what:
Who is forcing those waiters to serve you? Are they not getting a check at the end of the week whether you tip or not? The fukk is wrong with you soft ass nikkas? Nobody is forcing these people to wait tables for a living. GTFOH with your shytty logic. :camby:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Ever single server/delivery driver I've ever talked to or heard talk about their experiences involving tipping they always say black folks in general don't tip as well as other groups, I'm sure cultural differences can explain such a phenomenon and I don't think it's something to be ashamed of, as long as you're not one of those people :manny: no worries. I actually enjoy tipping, it makes me feel good to tip a server when they perform good or adequate service. If you're a bad server tho you're getting the minimum tip possible.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
That whole thing reads like a parody or comedy sketch,it cant be real...a family restaurant with a dress code ?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Who is forcing those waiters to serve you? Are they not getting a check at the end of the week whether you tip or not? The fukk is wrong with you soft ass nikkas? Nobody is forcing these people to wait tables for a living. GTFOH with your shytty logic. :camby:

You retort "bad" logic with equally bad logic ?
Whos forcing them to serve you ? UGH your dusty ass who sat down in the booth forced them too....

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

Nikkas always want to get over on people. Can't give someone a few dollars for serving your crusty ass. We're talking about four or five dollars here. Petty sh*t. Nikkas like you give us all a bad rep...