Restaurant owner who saved his business... by keeping black diners away

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
This is what I hate about Reddit and why I barely use it now From that very post whole convo:

Cause it's so rare that would happen:comeon:

Oh please let me separate myself from "blackness" so I can be accepted on reddit.:sadcam:

:stopitslime: That's our culture huh?

Heffa your not as "liberal" as you think you're still racist.

:heh: I was thinking all the same things as I read those comments.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when white people don't tip... is it because their white.. oh wait, OF COURSE NOT....

:camby:

whatever breh, anyone who has served knows what im talking about. i cant imagine what it would be like to serve at the place where the majority of the customers are black. :scusthov: you could work a double not even make 30 bucks

Osman

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The real question is why the fukk are black people even giving cacs our business :mindblown:?

Exactly.

I always eat at black restaurants. Never even considered going to some family owned cac Italian restaurant when I know damn well he doesn't appreciate my bushiness and can't wait for my ass to leave.

Earlier this year I was walking down this street that was popular for having good Italian/European restaraunts. It was midday and some of the owners/employees were outside haggling passerbys to come in and try some of their shyt. I was observing from a far as I was coming up, and every time I passed them they didn't even acknowledge me. They haggled Asians, whites, Indians, just not me (even thought I was with a white dude) lol

Last edited:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And why does no one bring up the waitresses who stereotype black diners and give them bad service, which leads to low/no tip?
because there are waaaayyyyy too many blacks that leave poor tips to outweigh the ones that do. it sucks for the one that do but thats how the restaurant business goes.

i worked as a server for many big restaurants and all the servers, even the black ones dont want to take the table of blacks. they just dont tip

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't understand how any black man or woman who uses the internet cannot have a growing dislike of white people. these cacs make their true nature known without any difficulty when hidden behind their computer monitors. it makes me feel like :stopitslime: whenever i see a white person in public smile and act friendly towards me.

Normalcy

Rookie
Daps
I remember that AMA...

I believe it was posted a couple of years ago...

Before Reddit had implemented a verification system for AMA's because so many people were trolling/bullshytting it...

The comments were a mix...

Some commentators showed their inner racist, some bashed OP for being racist, others called it out as being fake...

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because there are waaaayyyyy too many blacks that leave poor tips to outweigh the ones that do. it sucks for the one that do but thats how the restaurant business goes.

i worked as a server for many big restaurants and all the servers, even the black ones dont want to take the table of blacks. they just dont tip

One is too many. Studies show that blacks are more prone to tip based on service as opposed to just out of habit. This reddit deal is a case of confirmation bias.

I bet if 10 black parties showed up at a restaurant, 6 tipped normally, 2 tipped especially well, and 2 left almost nothing, the non tippers would be remembered.

What is perceived to be real is real in its consequences. I'm not a server but for some reason I know about this stereotype. Why? It's very very pervasive. Something like that has an incredible influence on how black diners are treated and we react accordingly. It's a chicken and egg deal.

Now personally I try to tip very well and am overly nice at restaurants and bars. Partly because I just go out to a few places and they remember shyt like that and partly because I bet being a server sucks. If it helps break the stereotypes cool.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who assumes the money blacks bring in at a restaurant will automatically be replaced by white customers, is an idiot. Most times the money won't be replaced because no one will replace the missing black customers in the first place.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
One is too many. Studies show that blacks are more prone to tip based on service as opposed to just out of habit. This reddit deal is a case of confirmation bias.

I bet if 10 black parties showed up at a restaurant, 6 tipped normally, 2 tipped especially well, and 2 left almost nothing, the non tippers would be remembered.

What is perceived to be real is real in its consequences. I'm not a server but for some reason I know about this stereotype. Why? It's very very pervasive. Something like that has an incredible influence on how black diners are treated and we react accordingly. It's a chicken and egg deal.

Now personally I try to tip very well and am overly nice at restaurants and bars. Partly because I just go out to a few places and they remember shyt like that and partly because I bet being a server sucks. If it helps break the stereotypes cool.
i stopped reading right there
HELL fukkING NO

have you ever been a waiter breh? i was one for three years

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i stopped reading right there
HELL fukkING NO

have you ever been a waiter breh? i was one for three years

Assuming that a restaurant that blacks don't go to will actually be more successful with more white customers is a dangerous assumption if then restaurant isn't near a large paying white population.