Restaurant owner who saved his business... by keeping black diners away

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
Although it's fukked up, i'm not surprised. This is common in alot of restaurants, especially low-end family style restaurants. Watch how long they make a group of blacks wait, while seating family after family. I'm sure he doesnt want to serve trashy people of any race. It just so happens, trashy whites tend to go to fast food joints like mcdonalds or all u can eat buffets, while trashy blacks go to chain restaurants like Applebees.

When i was in college, i waited tables and bartended, and nobody was cheaper or more demanding than trashy blacks. But being that i'm black too, i know how to recognize hood trash from normal black people, and would let them suck ice cubes and look them dead in the face and walk right past while they tried to wave me down for another bbq sauce, more napkins, or any other request for something they usually dont end up using anyway. I would take their order, and bring the check. Other than that, i'm not coming over to your table for shyt.

I think it comes from the fact that black people from the gutter spend their whole lives getting stepped on, so when they are in a position of power they try to return the abuse. Alot of them go out just to give the waiter a hard time, and try to get over financially by not tipping and trying to get shyt off the check.
I got a :mjpls:policy when i go out to eat to restaurants too. I only dine with girls, if i go out with my nikkas, guaranteed at least one gon act a fool.:snoop:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Ive said this before, and I'll keep saying it....what kills me about the "blacks dont tip" obsession among whites, is the fact that we as a country are aggressively dismissive over the concerns of compensation when it comes to low skilled, service workers. Whenever these folks complain, America collective sneers "get a better job", "you deserve what you get", etc....but when it comes to the wait serve industry, whites love to bytch about how little black folks are subsidizing the earnings of these service workers. Welp --- because its one of the few jobs where America can pursue their fetish of attacking black people, by scapegoating them.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Depending on the restaurant, being a waiter is more lucrative then working in retail or some clerk job somewhere. That's why people do it, because the earning potential is greater than other jobs that you don't need a degree for.

and this is ultimately why I don't feel sorry for servers. there's a chance to make some SERIOUS bank. I've worked as a cook in a restaurant like Applebees/Chili's and them whining ass servers were eatin good. meanwhile I'm sweating in the back and not getting a cut of the action. nikkas in the back washing dishes with no tips either. granted our hourly pay was better but when it all washed out the servers were making way more money than us.

you wanna whine? talk to people who work retail during Christmas. shytty hours, shytty customers, and NO tips. :wow: if servers felt they were being soooo mistreated and it wasn't worth it nobody would be one. But its a job that requires no education, has flexible hours, and the potential for great money. I know people who made a career out of it.

with all that being said, I still tip accordingly. but i acknowledge its some BS and I wish waiters would get off their high horse of entitlement. We ALL deal with shytty customers in our jobs. stop taking your one horror story and making it a reflection of people (or black people) as a whole. shyts dumb. plus the accountability goes both ways. not all servers are patient benevolent beings and not all customers are cheap a$$holes.​

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Restaurant owners shouldn't cheap out and pay their staff minimum wages. If you're the employer, it's up to you to pay your staff accordingly. If I own a restaurant, I wouldn't even allow tips...they should be built into the price. I think tipping is something negative rather than a positive because of what you mentioned above. I mentioned this in another thread about tipping...I don't believe in tipping because I think everyone takes advantage of it (if you're the customer, you can hold out on tipping for a stupid reason...but that person may rely on your tips to make ends meet; if you're the waiter, you can figure out who's going to be a "good tipper" and make sure they're better taken care of than the person you may not think is going to tip well)...but I do tip because it's something that is expected...and I don't want to be a dikk about it.

i feel the same way and do the same thing. the whole thing is just messy and leads to discrimination, restaurants should be required to either have a gratuity charge (some already do) or raise prices enough to pay employees a decent wage. if everyone started tipping it wouldn't make a difference cause some people would always be able to tip more than others (for various obvious reasons) an the lesser tippers (even if the tip is reasonable) would get shytty service.

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i feel the same way and do the same thing. the whole thing is just messy and leads to discrimination, restaurants should be required to either have a gratuity charge (some already do) or raise prices enough to pay employees a decent wage. if everyone started tipping it wouldn't make a difference cause some people would always be able to tip more than others (for various obvious reasons) an the lesser tippers (even if the tip is reasonable) would get shytty service.
Smart :thumbsup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
perhaps i took ur post too straightforwadly, felt like u were grouping all whites together as the same bigots that populate reddit etc.

no. but there's no denying that a great percentage of whites mask their hatred of blacks when out in public, acting in ways that completely belie the venom they spew while behind their computer monitors.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
And why does no one bring up the waitresses who stereotype black diners and give them bad service, which leads to low/no tip?
This. Some think you have no money so they give you bad service (long waiting time, don't take orders correctly, bring cold food) but still think you'll give them a tip when they see your private bank debit card. Tbh, i hate paying tips because there isn't any other reasonable way that i can receive the food and most high end resturants price accordingly i.e the waiters are just doing their job as per restaurant segment.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This. Some think you have no money so they give you bad service (long waiting time, don't take orders correctly, bring cold food) but still think you'll give them a tip when they see your private bank debit card. Tbh, i hate paying tips because there isn't any other reasonable way that i can receive the food and most high end resturants price accordingly i.e the waiters are just doing their job as per restaurant segment.
If you don't want to tip, you could order carry out from the restaurant. Once you sit down and have someone serve you, I feel you should tip that person even if it's their job. Eating out is giving me a break so I don't mind tipping.

With that said, I don't eat out often because of stereotypes when it comes to being black, shytty food and then shytty service on top of that. I'd rather just opt for grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly rather than go out to pay for something that sucks.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
If you don't want to tip, you could order carry out from the restaurant. Once you sit down and have someone serve you, I feel you should tip that person even if it's their job. Eating out is giving me a break so I don't mind tipping.

With that said, I don't eat out often because of stereotypes when it comes to being black, shytty food and then shytty service on top of that. I'd rather just opt for grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly rather than go out to pay for something that sucks.
I still tip very well because of the uppity folks i hang out with but at the back of my mind i know im just throwing money away to someone who didn't do anything extra to earn it. I don't mind giving away money, but besides normal charity, i hate giving it to someone who technically didn't do anything to earn it from me.
The point is that the price is already sky high to cater for someone actually serving you. Gross margins are over 200% and they expect an ADDITIONAL TAX of 12% to 15% on top - that's what a tip is, an extra tax. Its even worse in the UK where you pay 20% value added tax (similar to a sales tax) and then you pay an extra 12% tip/gratuity on top of that tax

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
I still tip very well because of the uppity folks i hang out with but at the back of my mind i know im just throwing money away to someone who didn't do anything extra to earn it. I don't mind giving away money, but besides normal charity, i hate giving it to someone who technically didn't do anything to earn it from me.
The point is that the price is already sky high to cater for someone actually serving you. Gross margins are over 200% and they expect an ADDITIONAL TAX of 12% to 15% on top - that's what a tip is, an extra tax. Its even worse in the UK where you pay 20% value added tax (similar to a sales tax) and then you pay an extra 12% tip/gratuity on top of that tax
damn you sound broke