Restarting Student Loans Payments in Sept Will Be a $40 Billion Hit to the Economy

DreamyKnights

Sweetie pie by day and night đź’“
Daps
No so many people told him they wanted it and he hemmed-hawed and eventually did it in a way that was challenged by the true rulers of this country the SC. The fact is until we get a democrat willing to add judges to the court shyt ain’t going to change and the Republicans are just waiting until they get in charge again to do some real demonic shyt.

The fact Democratic leaders don’t see this, or deny this inevitability is why they lose. They refuse to see they are playing a bad hand while being cheated, and make adjustments. Even worse they might know this but are too p*ssy or too embedded with wealthy lobbyist to care.
So you don’t think that contributed to why some people voted for him? Thinking they would finally get some help with their student loans?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Which is a risk of running a business. You got bailed out. FOH with the excuses. Nobody is going to your business with people dropping dead every day. Every country on the planet experienced a recession. It’s like you dummies really think you would’ve had record breaking profits with no customers, no access to loans from banks and no access to supplies from vendors. Get real
I don’t own a business. Nor did the one I work for get any loan money. The hypothetical didn’t happen. They didn’t let the free market play out. The government that forced places to shutdown were floating loans to compensate for the forced closure. This isn’t rocket science. If you want to argue that someone who took out a loan and ended up being forced to attend classes remote, unable to network or end up getting different quality professors and quality of an education should get a reprieve that’s at least got some meat on the bone. But if that ain’t you, it ain’t the same scenario

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So you don’t think that contributed to why some people voted for him? Thinking they would finally get some help with their student loans?
It did, but he wasn’t the best candidate for that if anyone paid attention to all candidates running. Then Biden didn’t get to doing it until it became a big talking point online and bled into traditional media and you had people saying “fukk it I just won’t vote”.

It’s only happening because people are forcing the Dems to fight for it. None of them want to do it because they aren’t in the business of redistributing wealth down to the working class, they are in the business of redistributing wealth up to wealthy people.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:childplease: Ok sure, let me fake my death, move off the grid, and relocate to freedom

I bet the slaves could just choose freedom too :yeshrug:
You can choose to take out a loan. You can choose a cheap school. You can choose a cheap car. You can choose a cheap house.

How does that compare to slavery?

DreamyKnights

Sweetie pie by day and night đź’“
Daps
Lol why is everybody mad he said “hit to the economy ?!?” ?

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
I hope no one pays
Thats what the republicans want

There was an article that republicans were pushing this because their friends that are attorneys haven't been making as much since they cant sue people who defaulted on student loans, so they want to jam up the courts with lawsuit after lawsuit to take everything we all have.

The article also said that they were making it to where the loan terms didn't pause, so if you had a 10 year loan and payments were paused for 3 years then you had 7 years to pay it back meaning much higher payments once they restart

I printed off all my info showing that all my loans are on income-based payments til 8/24 and a copy of the payments I was paying... covering my ass if they try some shyt

This shyt gonna break a lot of people who already struggling

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Put in a lil something towards Joe's hip replacement!

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
We finally living in the times where people are ok with corporations and banks and their government never paying their loans back and going bankrupt cause of corruption but Americans shouldn’t get a kickback on predatory student loans

I mean sheesh, it’s only 10-20k it’s not like they were gonna wipe them out clean
:mjlol:the fact they dragging their feet over 10/20K is crazy.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No so many people told him they wanted it and he hemmed-hawed and eventually did it in a way that was challenged by the true rulers of this country the SC. The fact is until we get a democrat willing to add judges to the court shyt ain’t going to change and the Republicans are just waiting until they get in charge again to do some real demonic shyt.

The fact Democratic leaders don’t see this, or deny this inevitability is why they lose. They refuse to see they are playing a bad hand while being cheated, and make adjustments. Even worse they might know this but are too p*ssy or too embedded with wealthy lobbyist to care.
Adding judges isn't going to particularly solve this problem as it's overlooking the important detail that there other people Republican lobbyist that don't want the forgiveness to go through. It's a multi-billion dollar industry that a lot of people are eating from. Forgiveness was never going to be a viable option as it's too much money in the problem for there to be a solution.

Besides, the only thing adding to the court would do is cause long term ramifications for short term gain.