Restarting Student Loans Payments in Sept Will Be a $40 Billion Hit to the Economy

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
i keep seeing this meme but i was under the impression that sofi doesn't hold the federal loans that are on pause, they hold private loans that were not elligible under this plan?:jbhmm:

SoFi also has a student loan refinancing product that will see use, even from people whose student loans aren’t through SoFi

Daps
SoFi also has a student loan refinancing product that will see use, even from people whose student loans aren’t through SoFi

that is true that sofi has a refinance product. but if people were at sofi for these past 3 years, i don't think loans were on hold to hurt sofi, so it hasn't made sense so claim a sofi victory on the return of payments so far, since they should have been receiveing payments the whole time. and then, idk if people will want to even refinance..... isn't interest up higher now than ever before? lol

well anyway, good luck with your investments

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
the idea is these people would be spending that money somewhere else and stimulating the economy

instead if just goes to the government and produces nothing considering the money was already spent by the government years ago:patrice:
**Unpopular opinion incoming**
The economy is already overstimulated, that's the problem.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
that is true that sofi has a refinance product. but if people were at sofi for these past 3 years, i don't think loans were on hold to hurt sofi, so it hasn't made sense so claim a sofi victory on the return of payments so far, since they should have been receiveing payments the whole time. and then, idk if people will want to even refinance..... isn't interest up higher now than ever before? lol

well anyway, good luck with your investments

Don’t argue with me argue with the markets, 40% up in the last month and over 20% up since the student loan pause was announced to be ending

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
the idea is these people would be spending that money somewhere else and stimulating the economy

instead if just goes to the government and produces nothing considering the money was already spent by the government years ago:patrice:
Been saying this for years but custodian coli wasn’t trying to hear me

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The time to pay student loans was over the last 3 years anyway. 0% interest rate.
If this is true then it's hard to feel sorry for people when payments start back up
That 0% interest coincided with a hiring boom and raising wages across all levels. optimal time to make a dent in your balance
granted inflation was also a thing during the same period but by and large a lot of people went straight to enjoying themselves down Tulum and buying so many cars used ones cost as much as new ones.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I see it as a good thing. If spending power is down, then in theory demand would go down, which is needed to fight/decrease inflation.

The time to pay student loans was over the last 3 years anyway. 0% interest rate.
While corporations get hand outs, bail outs and never had to pay back ppp loans
You capitalist, faux militants kill me
Everything that helps the people caused inflation
Not the robber barons in the senate/congress
nikkas ain’t about that life
But you do live up to your sn
Worthless loser can’t take that corporate dikk out y’all mouths for nothing
Sounding like the cacs you claim to hate so much