Restarting Student Loans Payments in Sept Will Be a $40 Billion Hit to the Economy

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Shills keep falling for the okie doke. Democrats just don't fight as hard for their constituents. It's undeniable at this point they'll never pass anything of substance for the poor or middle class. All they'll do is make excuses and give fake promises.
:smugbiden:

Not more than their supporters :sas2:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You can choose to take out a loan. You can choose a cheap school. You can choose a cheap car. You can choose a cheap house.

How does that compare to slavery?
fukk it, let me get a time machine, go back in time, not go to college, and decide I want to work retail or sales jobs.

:hubie:

It’s me wanting to have a white collar job’s fault, not the high interest loans. 18 year old me should have had the financial insight to negotiate for lower interest rates based on the fact that isn’t possible for student loans. Let me correct that now through bankruptcy…..
:comeon:
oh wait you can’t remove those loans unlike any other loan in existence through Bankruptcy. It’s almost like these loans are designed to entrap you and force you to get a job and stay a committed worker to the system for the rest of your life. It’s not asking you to pay principle but interest which means somebody is profiting too…. But it’s my fault let me get that time machine.

Last edited:

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
While corporations get hand outs, bail outs and never had to pay back ppp loans
You capitalist, faux militants kill me
Everything that helps the people caused inflation
Not the robber barons in the senate/congress
nikkas ain’t about that life
But you do live up to your sn
Worthless loser can’t take that corporate dikk out y’all mouths for nothing
Sounding like the cacs you claim to hate so much
This! I first i used to care but not anymore i got mines i hope it crashes (it will) for these capitalist loving cacs.

They deserve it.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
You're welcome to tell me what I'm apparently missing.
Spending Power and Demand: When spending power decreases, it can lead to a decrease in overall demand for goods and services. This is because people have less money available to spend, so they may reduce their consumption. This is a negative impact on businesses, as they experience lower sales and revenues.

Inflation: Inflation refers to the general increase in prices over time. It is influenced by various factors, including supply and demand dynamics. While a decrease in demand can potentially put downward pressure on prices, it is not the sole factor that determines inflation.

Deflation Concerns: When demand decreases significantly and businesses struggle to sell their products, it can lead to a situation called deflation. Deflation occurs when the general price level decreases, and it can have detrimental effects on the economy. Deflation can discourage spending further, as people may delay purchases in anticipation of even lower prices. This can create a cycle of declining demand and economic slowdown.

That's not a good thing at all. But you nikkas don't know theory just like these cacs politicians so you just say shyt that sounds cool.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
You can choose to take out a loan. You can choose a cheap school. You can choose a cheap car. You can choose a cheap house.

How does that compare to slavery?
Can I choose to default via bankruptcy? Let’s switch the term because you clearly want to debate semantics. Can a indentured servant choose to be free?

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Spending Power and Demand: When spending power decreases, it can lead to a decrease in overall demand for goods and services. This is because people have less money available to spend, so they may reduce their consumption. This is a negative impact on businesses, as they experience lower sales and revenues.

Inflation: Inflation refers to the general increase in prices over time. It is influenced by various factors, including supply and demand dynamics. While a decrease in demand can potentially put downward pressure on prices, it is not the sole factor that determines inflation.

Deflation Concerns: When demand decreases significantly and businesses struggle to sell their products, it can lead to a situation called deflation. Deflation occurs when the general price level decreases, and it can have detrimental effects on the economy. Deflation can discourage spending further, as people may delay purchases in anticipation of even lower prices. This can create a cycle of declining demand and economic slowdown.

That's not a good thing at all. But you nikkas don't know theory just like these cacs politicians so you just say shyt that sounds cool.
Thank you for proving my point. This could help fight inflation, as I said previously. In order to combat inflation, the economy needs to slow down since it's been overheated for well over 2 years now. That means some, or all of the following things need to happen:

-Decrease in spending
-Decrease in borrowing
-Decrease in demand
-Decrease in hiring and potential layoffs
-Company profits/revenue lowering due to decrease in demand/slow down in the economy. Which will add pressure to decrease prices. Some of these companies deserve it since they engaged in price gouging for the last 2.5 years.

Are there people and companies who may be hurt while trying to tame inflation? Yes, and that's unfortunate. Is it worth it to tame inflation? Yes.

The challenge is having a soft landing for the economy and not going into a recession.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Adding judges isn't going to particularly solve this problem as it's overlooking the important detail that there other people Republican lobbyist that don't want the forgiveness to go through. It's a multi-billion dollar industry that a lot of people are eating from. Forgiveness was never going to be a viable option as it's too much money in the problem for there to be a solution.

Besides, the only thing adding to the court would do is cause long term ramifications for short term gain.

:patrice: depending on the long term ramifications that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Regardless though, the Supreme Court is currently right-leaning, where it should be more moderate in terms of legal issues; it needs at minimum one more liberal judge and one moderate to balance things out again.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
:patrice: depending on the long term ramifications that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Regardless though, the Supreme Court is currently right-leaning, where it should be more moderate in terms of legal issues; it needs at minimum one more liberal judge and one moderate to balance things out again.
As it stands, you essentially have people bringing up packing the courts as a solution to every problem out here.

Not to mention, you’d be constantly packing the courts where the power swings back and forth between parties

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
As it stands, you essentially have people bringing up packing the courts as a solution to every problem out here.

Not to mention, you’d be constantly packing the courts where the power swings back and forth between parties
Then so be it. If the republicans didn’t cheat to get control I would understand the fear about packing the court, but they did cheat. So if they can change the rules, why can’t the Dems.

This is the shyt I am talking about playing with a bad hand and ignoring that the Republicans are cheating. Literally the system is set up for them to win and they are so mentally soft they have to cheat too. It’s not adults on both sides. If the Dems were to get control you’re damn right the Republicans would look to pack the court.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Then so be it. If the republicans didn’t cheat to get control I would understand the fear about packing the court, but they did cheat. So if they can change the rules, why can’t the Dems.

This is the shyt I am talking about playing with a bad hand and ignoring that the Republicans are cheating. Literally the system is set up for them to win and they are so mentally soft they have to cheat too. It’s not adults on both sides. If the Dems were to get control you’re damn right the Republicans would look to pack the court.
With all due respect, student loan forgiveness is low on totem pole when it comes to packing the courts for especially considering it’s not solving the long term problem.

Have you seen those new interest rates for future student loans? The interest rate is the more pressing issue that needs to be resolved.

Bedsides, packing the court doesn’t mean shyt either as both Democrat and Republican lobbyist have equal interest in shooting it down unless you think those judges are making the decisions on their own?

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Oan btw you can’t not pay student loans if you have a job.

They will take it out of your check and potential tax refund.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Oan btw you can’t not pay student loans if you have a job.

They will take it out of your check and potential tax refund.

And those phone lines are going to be bogged down, so you might want to get a head start on calling before the final decision is made.