Restarting Student Loans Payments in Sept Will Be a $40 Billion Hit to the Economy

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I see it as a good thing. If spending power is down, then in theory demand would go down, which is needed to fight/decrease inflation.

The time to pay student loans was over the last 3 years anyway. 0% interest rate.

You and I finally agree on something.
:ehh:

While corporations get hand outs, bail outs and never had to pay back ppp loans
You capitalist, faux militants kill me
Everything that helps the people caused inflation
Not the robber barons in the senate/congress
nikkas ain’t about that life
But you do live up to your sn
Worthless loser can’t take that corporate dikk out y’all mouths for nothing
Sounding like the cacs you claim to hate so much

That poster is actually a STAUNCH Democrat/Progressive that defends everything that their politicians do FIERCELY. I’m surprised he’s not in here going ham about it.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
False equivalency. PPP loans were a thing because the government FORCED many businesses to close. The government didn't force anyone to go to college.

Nobody forced you to take out $50,000 to start your business. You took a risk. You got hit with a recession. Then you cried foul :heh:

Explain seriously how businesses were going to thrive under Covid with half of the world sick or in lockdown. I'll wait.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm 50/50 on this

50% - As a student you were an adult when you signed off on these student loans, so it's your obligation to pay them back

Other 50% - It is Biden's fault in the first place for enabling Colleges to raise their tuition rates 10x more because they would guarantee those loans, which made the Government get financial kickbacks from it. So it's up to them to end the mess that they created
FTFY and yeah Biden literally did that

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
If you’re a $SOFI investor it’s not a hit to your personal economy :obama:

:whew:

I wasn’t arguing, just seeing if you could explain the meme and of course like I expected …. :mjlol:

It means that more people will be refinancing their student loans. It will also allow them to cross sell products like Sofi Relay, Sofi Invest, Sofi Checking and Savings etc. etc. which will mean more revenue since tons of people have student loans. This part of the business has taking a massive hit for the past three years. Despite that they are still on track to be profitable by Q4. They are also in talks with 12 major finance companies to hop on their galileo technisys platform..So with a boost in loans, more people using sofi savings/checking out...:ufdup: so we will see.

This the primary reason why I am anti student loan pause/forgiveness :manny: . Nothing against anyone, I want to eat of my investments and I hope this is a successful one.

Daps
:whew:

It means that more people will be refinancing their student loans. It will also allow them to cross sell products like Sofi Relay, Sofi Invest, Sofi Checking and Savings etc. etc. which will mean more revenue since tons of people have student loans. This part of the business has taking a massive hit for the past three years. Despite that they are still on track to be profitable by Q4. They are also in talks with 12 major finance companies to hop on their galileo technisys platform..So with a boost in loans, more people using sofi savings/checking out...:ufdup: so we will see.

This the primary reason why I am anti student loan pause/forgiveness :manny: . Nothing against anyone, I want to eat of my investments and I hope this is a successful one.

Slightly better answer than “cuz the market” I guess lol. Good luck with your investment

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Pay up deadbeats!

joe-biden-eating-Ice-cream-cone-with-two-cutouts-45.png
Dark Brandon the GOAT :wow:

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
that is true that sofi has a refinance product. but if people were at sofi for these past 3 years, i don't think loans were on hold to hurt sofi, so it hasn't made sense so claim a sofi victory on the return of payments so far, since they should have been receiveing payments the whole time. and then, idk if people will want to even refinance..... isn't interest up higher now than ever before? lol

well anyway, good luck with your investments
I got sofi and my payments ain’t stop. I checked with them in 2020. They said “nope not you”. I think my loan was sold to them at some point in the past

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
We finally living in the times where people are ok with corporations and banks and their government never paying their loans back and going bankrupt cause of corruption but Americans shouldn’t get a kickback on predatory student loans

I mean sheesh, it’s only 10-20k it’s not like they were gonna wipe them out clean

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We finally living in the times where people are ok with corporations and banks and their government never paying their loans back and going bankrupt cause of corruption
Who's okay with this?:what:
but Americans shouldn’t get a kickback on predatory student loans

I mean sheesh, it’s only 10-20k it’s not like they were gonna wipe them out clean
Pay debts. Before you ask, yes I've paid mine.