Resident Evil HD Remaster (PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjlol:lol universally
Zero isn't regarded as anything because barely anyone played it or knows of existence because it only came out on fukking Gamecube almost 15 yrs ago and was never released on any other platform snoop:

Code Veronica and RE4 were the downfall of the series... Never got the same enjoyment in RE4 that I got out of the OG series(like I got with REmake and Zero).. On everything, I had more of a thrill playing Outbreak that RE4.. Nice graphics and a bunch of Quicktime events cant distract me from the fact that RE4 is crazy overrated.. Maybe if they didn't make the camera over the shoulder with less annoying characters I'd feel different
wrong. re zero was re-released on wii,the second highest selling console of all time.

Thats cool,you may think that,but just know youre in the very small minority of people that dont absolutely love RE4.

Fact is if they kept making games like zero the series would be dead and over by now. People were sick of the formula.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
breh....when the sound on your TV gets muted and shyt??? I got this around the time I got surround sound for the first time and used to smoke alot of pot....i was freaked the fukk out like never before or since

edit: and the story was brilliant
Eternal Darkness is one of the best survival horror/mystery games ever made...
man I remember the first time the screen said your controller is unplugged and i got up to check the cord only for it to flash on the screen

Sad thing is I was using the fukking wavebird it had no cord and it still got me :pachaha:

wavebird was the goat :wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
RE0 was pretty much the worst game in the series IMO. My fave was RE2, 3 and CV. 4 and subsequent titles were good games but they went overboard with five and six. I wished resident evil 4 was a spin off title.
0 was prolly the worst game that wasn't a spin-off up until 5 but I still enjoyed it...and I feel the same way about RE4...to take the whole series in that direction was some bullshyt imo...
Like dont get me wrong 0 was aight. But mostly cuz Im an RE stan. If you werent an avid fan of RE zero at that point was instant skip status,hence why most people forget it exist or why they never bothered bringing it to ps2 like re4

RE4 was needed though. The series was beyond stale at that point. They just didnt need to go full retard in 5. If anything they should have brought more horror and less action in 5.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
wrong. re zero was re-released on wii,the second highest selling console of all time.

Thats cool,you may think that,but just know youre in the very small minority of people that dont absolutely love RE4.

Fact is if they kept making games like zero the series would be dead and over by now. People were sick of the formula.
Oh yea... The Wii :mjlol: Capcom should've have kept the RE series far and away from the Nintendo platform. System is for children andgrown ass men who like to still play Zelda. Im not suprised one bit that RE Zero was overlooked

Fact is the series is dead now because of the RE4 formula which is RE5 and RE6...

RE Zero's formula was something fresh new and unique

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
It only had co-op as a new feauture :heh: Bosses were lame as fukk. A scorpion :skip:Bat:dwillhuh: Caterpillar:heh: those leeches were annoying too :shaq2: Mansion was fukkin boring. Only the train was impressive

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Like dont get me wrong 0 was aight. But mostly cuz Im an RE stan. If you werent an avid fan of RE zero at that point was instant skip status,hence why most people forget it exist or why they never bothered bringing it to ps2 like re4

RE4 was needed though. The series was beyond stale at that point. They just didnt need to go full retard in 5. If anything they should have brought more horror and less action in 5.
Son imma keep it real..RE 4's gameplay style..while it was a good game..didn't feel like Resident Evil to me..the people who praised it so much cause it was different was the people who complained about Resident Evil's play style since like the 2nd or 3rd one...shyt was like the perfect Resident Evil game for people who originally wasn't really big fans of the series anyway...don't get me wrong..shyt was dope as fukk...but like @Fatboi1 said...shyt would've been better served as a spin-off..that was the death of Resident Evil..Cause its not like the last few Resident Evil's before that was doing bad review wise...RE Code Veronica got nothing but 9s to 9.5 across the board...and REmake got the same type of scores...Zero was criticized cause it felt different and it was the hardest game to date...prolly the hardest RE in the whole series...and that wasn't even the worst rated RE before or after RE4 or up until that point...none of the spinoffs did really well..from Gun Survivor to Outbreak...

Last edited:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Son imma keep it real..RE 4's gameplay style..while it was a good game..didn't feel like Resident Evil to me..the people who praised it so much cause it was different was the people who complained about Resident Evil's play style since like the 2nd or 3rd one...shyt was like the perfect Resident Evil game for people who originally wasn't really big fans of the series anyway...don't get me wrong..shyt was dope as fukk...but like @Fatboi1 said...shot would've been better served as a spin-off..that was the death or Resident Evil..Cause its not like the last few Resident Evil's before that was doing bad review wise...RE Code Veronica got nothing but 9s to 9.5 across the board...and REmake got the same type of scores...Zero was criticized cause it felt different and it was the hardest game to date...prolly the hardest RE in the whole series...and that wasn't even the worst rated RE before or after RE4 up until that point...none of the spinoffs did really well..from Gun Survivor to Outbreak...
People think I'm crazy for not liking RE4. I grew up with the originals, and when I played 4 its like you said. It just didn't feel like resident evil to me (wasn't scary to me either), it just felt like another action game.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
This game is truly a gem for those with an appetite for survival horror. If you've never played this game and you're into the genre then definitely pick this up. Doesn't matter on what platform either pick it up . The game is really about survival and thinking you're way through the game.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Son imma keep it real..RE 4's gameplay style..while it was a good game..didn't feel like Resident Evil to me..the people who praised it so much cause it was different was the people who complained about Resident Evil's play style since like the 2nd or 3rd one...shyt was like the perfect Resident Evil game for people who originally wasn't really big fans of the series anyway...don't get me wrong..shyt was dope as fukk...but like @Fatboi1 said...shyt would've been better served as a spin-off..that was the death of Resident Evil..Cause its not like the last few Resident Evil's before that was doing bad review wise...RE Code Veronica got nothing but 9s to 9.5 across the board...and REmake got the same type of scores...Zero was criticized cause it felt different and it was the hardest game to date...prolly the hardest RE in the whole series...and that wasn't even the worst rated RE before or after RE4 or up until that point...none of the spinoffs did really well..from Gun Survivor to Outbreak...
Agree to disagree.

I mean I get the sentiment but RE did need an update. The sales had been falling and interest in the series was dwindling. Now you can argue thats because Capcom decided to use dreamcast and gamecube as primary systems and hey I cant argue with that too much but you cant argue the formula was getting stale.

It needed an update some way. And we all know the story of RE4's development where capcom wasnt quite where to head with the series and made what like 3 different versions?

Regardless I think RE4 balanced the action and horror well enough and I cant think of a better campagin Ive ever played real talk.

Now,they obviously went too action heavy with 5 and co-op doesnt belong in a RE game.

Regardless of how everyone feels of RE4 as a traditional RE game,change needed to be made. It wasnt just RE games,survival horror was at its peak(and i loved it) there was games dropping left and right so the market was saturated.

Capcoms at another cross roads with RE7 that they were at with RE4. Its obvious people are over the action shyt and they need to go back to horror.

with that said I rank them

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Oh yea... The Wii :mjlol: Capcom should've have kept the RE series far and away from the Nintendo platform. System is for children andgrown ass men who like to still play Zelda. Im not suprised one bit that RE Zero was overlooked

Fact is the series is dead now because of the RE4 formula which is RE5 and RE6...

RE Zero's formula was something fresh new and unique
Nintendo make great games its nothing deeper than that. I dont even play zelda but ive owned every nintendo system and always get my moneys worth :manny:

If you cant enjoy nintendo games,you arent a real gamer far as im concerned.

capcom is capcom. I think they saw sony becoming too dominant in the market and wanted to balance it out by helping out nintendo and sega at the time

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Agree to disagree.

I mean I get the sentiment but RE did need an update. The sales had been falling and interest in the series was dwindling. Now you can argue thats because Capcom decided to use dreamcast and gamecube as primary systems and hey I cant argue with that too much but you cant argue the formula was getting stale.

It needed an update some way. And we all know the story of RE4's development where capcom wasnt quite where to head with the series and made what like 3 different versions?

Regardless I think RE4 balanced the action and horror well enough and I cant think of a better campagin Ive ever played real talk.

Now,they obviously went too action heavy with 5 and co-op doesnt belong in a RE game.

Regardless of how everyone feels of RE4 as a traditional RE game,change needed to be made. It wasnt just RE games,survival horror was at its peak(and i loved it) there was games dropping left and right so the market was saturated.

Capcoms at another cross roads with RE7 that they were at with RE4. Its obvious people are over the action shyt and they need to go back to horror.

with that said I rank them
I do understand that it needed new direction...I liked the direction they WAS gonna go with for RE4...it was way more horror oriented...the creator wasn't even completely happy with the direction Capcom made them go for RE4..which is why he quit after..RE4 def ain't the best campaign I've ever played tho..lol...but I rank em...
RE2
REmake
Code Veronica
Nemesis
RE4

And I don't even rank em after that..lol...

Last edited:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed Resident Evil Revalations and everybody who loved it said it went back to its roots like the OG Resident Evils, so I'll pick this up.

Question though, is this only digital download or are they selling physical copies too?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'll grab this this weekend.
Never played it as a kid and I love survival horror.