Reppin
Carolina
Nobody said anything about "clinging"

That's the spin y'all putting on it.

Fable is nowhere near dead.

And reboots happen every day B:stopitslime:

Some are good, some aren't.

Not even enough info out for any reaction other than.....:manny:

But everybody here is all convinced about exactly how fukked up the games are:stopitslime:
Its absolutely clinging if you try and push a title no one has heard from for a decade :mjlol: I called out Sony's desperate shyt for talking up a potential Medievil revival

Fable not only died, but it destroyed a whole fukking sector of gaming :mjlol: all the shyt that EA does to smaller companies is learned behavior from what went down with Molyneaux

What's wrong with new IPs?

Seriously? What's wrong with that versus digging up dead franchises hoping to generate nostalgia buzz? :hhh:

Lokozuna

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
A new Forza Horizon game set in Tokyo
A new Perfect Dark set in third-person
A new Fable
A new Mech Assault
And a Battle Royale mode in Halo

All of this sounds too good to be true but if it is thats a W for Microsoft.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Its absolutely clinging if you try and push a title no one has heard from for a decade :mjlol: I called out Sony's desperate shyt for talking up a potential Medievil revival

Fable not only died, but it destroyed a whole fukking sector of gaming :mjlol: all the shyt that EA does to smaller companies is learned behavior from what went down with Molyneaux

What's wrong with new IPs?

Seriously? What's wrong with that versus digging up dead franchises hoping to generate nostalgia buzz? :hhh:
Breh,

I think before we continue this debate, certain rules have to be established; otherwise, we'd be just talking at each other. I'm not a troll, so that shyt is corny to me.

Do we agree that,
  • Neither one of us know whether Msft is actively sacrificing the potential creation of new IPs by these announcements?
  • Are we both understanding that if the rights of particular license or franchises are owned by a company that it's normal business practice to make use of those brands, franchises or licences?
  • Can we agree that it's possible that the creation of a new IP can require certain nuanced challenges that a group of developers may/may not possess, thus certain teams may be better used for new IP creation and others for using an established license to create?
You're coming off close minded as hell claiming that an established game universe can't be salvaged by a company that owns its rights. If you have your objective cap on, I would imagine you'd say, "shyt, MSFT has few exclusives and with the right team, shyt could happen so atleast they're developing something".

But nikkas seem to be thinking w/ their troll hat on talking about "I think it should be illegal to dig up dead franchises!". I could just hear that whole post being narrated by a nikka w/ a lisp and talking nasally.

I know that's not you, breh. Be honest, you're applying the "Let me take a shyt in this thread" a little too thick.

Or nah? No disrespect meant, breh.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Breh,

I think before we continue this debate, certain rules have to be established; otherwise, we'd be just talking at each other. I'm not a troll, so that shyt is corny to me.

Do we agree that,
  • Neither one of us know whether Msft is actively sacrificing the potential creation of new IPs by these announcements?
  • Are we both understanding that if the rights of particular license or franchises are owned by a company that it's normal business practice to make use of those brands, franchises or licences?
  • Can we agree that it's possible that the creation of a new IP can require certain nuanced challenges that a group of developers may/may not possess, thus certain teams may be better used for new IP creation and others for using an established license to create?
You're coming off close minded as hell claiming that an established game universe can't be salvaged by a company that owns its rights. If you have your objective cap on, I would imagine you'd say, "shyt, MSFT has few exclusives and with the right team, shyt could happen so atleast they're developing something".

But nikkas seem to be thinking w/ their troll hat on talking about "I think it should be illegal to dig up dead franchises!". I could just hear that whole post being narrated by a nikka w/ a lisp and talking nasally.

I know that's not you, breh. Be honest, you're applying the "Let me take a shyt in this thread" a little too thick.

Or nah? No disrespect meant, breh.
What's the last big new IP microsoft has pushed? That's my thing.

This isn't like Capcom saying they'll entertain Dino Crisis or something. They absolutely need healthy 1st party development but nothing they've done over the last several years even hints that its something Microsoft can healthily facilitate anymore. Even with established titles like Halo they can't get out of their own way.

I'm not saying its wrong to bring up old franchises at all. I'm saying that this has every sign of playing to a crowd. We are working on new exciting titles in <old series>. If they want to show they're actually about turning the corner they need to be proving they won't Scalebound someone again instead of fluffing up buzz like this. The absolute best thing that come from this kind of cloth is Killer Instinct.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
What's the last big new IP microsoft has pushed? That's my thing.

This isn't like Capcom saying they'll entertain Dino Crisis or something. They absolutely need healthy 1st party development but nothing they've done over the last several years even hints that its something Microsoft can healthily facilitate anymore. Even with established titles like Halo they can't get out of their own way.

I'm not saying its wrong to bring up old franchises at all. I'm saying that this has every sign of playing to a crowd. We are working on new exciting titles in <old series>. If they want to show they're actually about turning the corner they need to be proving they won't Scalebound someone again instead of fluffing up buzz like this. The absolute best thing that come from this kind of cloth is Killer Instinct.
I really am trying to understand, breh.

Are you saying Msft needs new healthy 1st party games to stay afloat in this business moving forward? Or are you saying Msft needs these much demanded exclusives to quiet the internet voice of disapproval?

I'm increasingly getting the feeling that these conversations, debates and even the Msft response about exclusives is less about becoming more profitable and more about trying to being the butt of internet jokes by a majority of people who probably won't be swayed regardless.

• It seems any hint of making use of established licenses - Perfect Dark, Fable - are met w/ criticism that shyt is old shyt that nobody wants revived.
  • Continuing to eat off of established and succesful msft properties - Gears, Halo, Forza, Crackdown 3, - are met w/ criticism that it's too safe and non-xbox owners are somehow bored of franchises they've not even played yet.
  • Trying to break the mold and offer quality indie projects - Cuphead, State of Decay 1, Ori - are criticized because they are small scale compared to big budget.
  • Making bigger budget diverse IPs for different subsections of gamers - Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, State of Decay 2 - is met w/ "I won't play that!".
  • And being instrumental in providing Xbox gamers the first console experience of PUBG is met w/ "well at a date that hasn't been determined" it'll be on PS4.
The funniest shyt is, collectively, there is no way a nikka can come out of his mouth and say Xbox "has no games". That's goofy shyt at this point. It's easy to compartmentalize an opinion by looking at each of these points by themselves but the only drought that exists on X1 is a drought of games that'll shut troll nikkas up. As for a drought of games that make X1 owners happy owners? That shyt is overblown as fukk, breh.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The last fable was good.

Perfect Dark was a 360 launch game.

Both of them are far enough back and being made by different teams, that I'm sure they will be nothing like their predecessors.

Doesn't matter what games are announced for Xbox we will get these same dumb ass reactions from people on this board.

@LÍQUIDO could put a clock by y'all:mjlol:
The amount of spinning in any stan thread on here. I come in here and already know....

Forza is just a racing game, but stan GT sport brehs:
full

The cloud sucks, backwards compatibility isn't a big deal, but be ok with PSNOW:
full

1080P60!, NO JAGGIES, BETTER GRAPHICS, but all of a sudden that no longer matters once the xbox one x drops:
full

By the end of the fukking thread:
matrix.gif

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I really am trying to understand, breh.

Are you saying Msft needs new healthy 1st party games to stay afloat in this business moving forward? Or are you saying Msft needs these much demanded exclusives to quiet the internet voice of disapproval?

I'm increasingly getting the feeling that these conversations, debates and even the Msft response about exclusives is less about becoming more profitable and more about trying to being the butt of internet jokes by a majority of people who probably won't be swayed regardless.

• It seems any hint of making use of established licenses - Perfect Dark, Fable - are met w/ criticism that shyt is old shyt that nobody wants revived.
  • Continuing to eat off of established and succesful msft properties - Gears, Halo, Forza, Crackdown 3, - are met w/ criticism that it's too safe and non-xbox owners are somehow bored of franchises they've not even played yet.
  • Trying to break the mold and offer quality indie projects - Cuphead, State of Decay 1, Ori - are criticized because they are small scale compared to big budget.
  • Making bigger budget diverse IPs for different subsections of gamers - Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, State of Decay 2 - is met w/ "I won't play that!".
  • And being instrumental in providing Xbox gamers the first console experience of PUBG is met w/ "well at a date that hasn't been determined" it'll be on PS4.
The funniest shyt is, collectively, there is no way a nikka can come out of his mouth and say Xbox "has no games". That's goofy shyt at this point. It's easy to compartmentalize an opinion by looking at each of these points by themselves but the only drought that exists on X1 is a drought of games that'll shut troll nikkas up. As for a drought of games that make X1 owners happy owners? That shyt is overblown as fukk, breh.
I'm not even saying anything about an Xbox has no games though lol. IMHO, its kinda blatantly dismissive to look at a huge body like MS and see them poking around a IP that's been cold for essentially 15+ years and not question it amid the concerns they face regarding 1st party development/support in general. If I can shyt on Sega for putting out a Valk chronicles after they've done nothing but destroy good will on that franchise since the original until they prove they deserve a chance, then why is it something strange to look at something that's been trash for longer and be happier?

I also don't think people remember how Fable 3 was the OG No Man's Sky/Mass Effect Andromeda either. Molyneaux and Lionhead legit fukked up AAA gaming for years because of that mess. The trust issues within the dev side of things still lingers to this day.

And to both of those very clear specific issues - the reflex being "This sounds like fanboy stuff" is ridiculous :russ:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'm not even saying anything about an Xbox has no games though lol. IMHO, its kinda blatantly dismissive to look at a huge body like MS and see them poking around a IP that's been cold for essentially 15+ years and not question it amid the concerns they face regarding 1st party development/support in general. If I can shyt on Sega for putting out a Valk chronicles after they've done nothing but destroy good will on that franchise since the original until they prove they deserve a chance, then why is it something strange to look at something that's been trash for longer and be happier?

I also don't think people remember how Fable 3 was the OG No Man's Sky/Mass Effect Andromeda either. Molyneaux and Lionhead legit fukked up AAA gaming for years because of that mess. The trust issues within the dev side of things still lingers to this day.

And to both of those very clear specific issues - the reflex being "This sounds like fanboy stuff" is ridiculous :russ:
My bad but it sounds like you're admitting a previous exec fukked up X1's future but shytting on the current one for trying to stop the bleeding.

You feel like in this period, a host of fully made ips would be available already?

In the time frame from when Msft changed execs and acknowledged the lack of exclusives, what would have been different in terms of available products in your opinion?:jbhmm: