Report: New Fable, Perfect Dark, Forza Horizon Projects Rumored For Xbox One

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Now you got Kamiya popping off with legit quotes and its over nothing? :gucci: I thought I was making everything up a second ago. Just popping shyt to pop shyt :skip:
You specifically said they showed stuff at gamescom that the devs knew nothing about which caused dude to have a mental breakdown.

That's clearly not what happened :comeon:

If they had a disagreement, calling names on twitter isn't the thing to do:comeon:

He tweeted more that day and it seemed to have nothing to do with the development of the game or staff being overwhelmed. Again Microsoft has nothing to do with their staff.

He seemed to be upset at how they were using his presence at the show.

And again you don't go on twitter talking shyt if you have a problem like that.

but now we're back to "Lets see MS do better than what happened with Scalebound" and no matter what went down you can't have your lead airing you out, deleting tweets, stealing back the IP and cutting all ties like that's normal business - which was my initial point. Being on stage don't mean shyt if you don't fukk with the people who got you up there.

:stopitslime:
And you can't randomly blame that on one party with made up stories.:stopitslime:

Dude had a mental breakdown. fukk you wanted Microsoft to do?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can almost guarantee MS demanded multiplayer

But it’s their money so :yeshrug:

I mean the game FPS was shyt with just one character on screen. Could u imagine 4?

Plat couldn’t do it and MS said Fukk y’all

Thanks for wasting our money :pacspit:
From the first time they showed gameplay they said the game was planned to have multiplayer.

Whoever's idea it was they agreed to do it. And spent a lot of money trying.

I said this long before any trouble came up about scalebound.

I don't know.

I've really liked their games over the years, but can they really deliver on 3 AAA and two low-mid games all simultaneously?

I hope they aren't spreading themselves too thin
I was right. Something had to break. All these games weren't very good and one got canceled.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You specifically said they showed stuff at gamescom that the devs knew nothing about which caused dude to have a mental breakdown.

That's clearly not what happened :comeon:

If they had a disagreement, calling names on twitter isn't the thing to do:comeon:

He tweeted more that day and it seemed to have nothing to do with the development of the game or staff being overwhelmed. Again Microsoft has nothing to do with their staff.

He seemed to be upset at how they were using his presence at the show.

And again you don't go on twitter talking shyt if you have a problem like that.

And you can't randomly blame that on one party with made up stories.:stopitslime:

Dude had a mental breakdown. fukk you wanted Microsoft to do?
If you're gonna say he had a mental breakdown, then give credit to the people that contributed to it too :yeshrug:

Also the last article I posted again elaborates on trailers and interviews that are directly conflicting between Platinum and MS - we're just splitting hairs over that now. You can say you don't go on twitter, but then people do it all the time. "Those shyts at MS.... are they fukking with me?" I mean that's prettttttttttttttttttttttty blatant along with all the other stuff. If we're talking about dev support, and we are, that's not how shyt should work and I think everyone can see eye to eye on that.

That doesn't seem ridiculous at all imo

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
From the first time they showed gameplay they said the game was planned to have multiplayer.

Whoever's idea it was they agreed to do it. And spent a lot of money trying.

I said this long before any trouble came up about scalebound.

I was right. Something had to break. All these games weren't very good and one got canceled.
Also this is demonstrably false.

Devs even now, on good terms, will admit that current production models straight up requires them to include aspects of multiplayer and mictrotransactions in many games these days.

People can't just tell publishers/producers "No". That's not how it works.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you're gonna say he had a mental breakdown, then give credit to the people that contributed to it too :yeshrug:
They were making like 7 games at that time.:comeon:

Also the last article I posted again elaborates on trailers and interviews that are directly conflicting between Platinum and MS - we're just splitting hairs over that now.
No the fukk it doesn't:stopitslime:
Nobody splitting hairs, you making stuff up

You can say you don't go on twitter, but then people do it all the time. "Those shyts at MS.... are they fukking with me?" I mean that's prettttttttttttttttttttttty blatant along with all the other stuff. If we're talking about dev support, and we are, that's not how shyt should work and I think everyone can see eye to eye on that.

That doesn't seem ridiculous at all imo
It's ridiculous that dude went on twitter talking crazy and you tried to turn that into Microsoft not supporting and forcing him have mental breakdown.

You sound like a trump supporter right now :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Also this is demonstrably false.

Devs even now, on good terms, will admit that current production models straight up requires them to include aspects of multiplayer and mictrotransactions in many games these days.

People can't just tell publishers/producers "No". That's not how it works.

:what:

They willingly sign the agreements.

They said they would make a multiplayer game regardless of who's idea it was. And if you watch the interview with Kamiya talking about his "dream" game it always included multiple people flying on dragons. He said they just couldn't do it with the hardware/resources they had before this deal.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They were making like 7 games at that time.:comeon:

No the fukk it doesn't:stopitslime:
Nobody splitting hairs, you making stuff up

It's ridiculous that dude went on twitter talking crazy and you tried to turn that into Microsoft not supporting and forcing him have mental breakdown.

You sound like a trump supporter right now :mjlol:

You can't just keep on saying I'm making stuff up when articles got exerts like this:

I really liked a lot of what was on show. In a sense it gave me some Dragon’s Dogma vibes – it was a big budget Japanese game trying to do something different with the RPG genre without being too shackled to an existing series, too obsessed with the West’s successful RPGs or indeed both all at once. I liked it.

The thing that remains weird to me is that very little of this kind of thing was shown to the public – it was reserved for behind-closed-doors for media to write about and never released in a video form or what have you. I got used to having to defend Scalebound when it came up in conversation. ‘I know the stage demos were crap, but the closed doors ones were amazing, trust me,’ I’d plead. Interest in the game remained tepid, in part thanks to those poor showings.

Kamiya himself has taken issue with how Microsoft marketed Scalebound in the past – “I don’t like their marketing,” he revealed on twitter at the end of August 2014, presumably with that year’s Gamescom fresh in memory, and I’m inclined to agree.

Basically, what was shown in high-profile demos and trailers of Scalebound was never remotely as good-looking or as interesting as the stuff Microsoft repeatedly decided to show in intimate press meetings. They practically felt like two different games, a loud, brash action game in one instance and a more thoughtful, explorative RPG in another. The truth was somewhere in the middle, it seems, and nobody was fully satisfied.

You can keep keep saying they had 7 games and stuff, but Kamiya ain't saying "I'm so overworked" He's pointing the finger at one clear entity and there's a plainly stated conflict there as well.
:what:

They willingly sign the agreements.

They said they would make a multiplayer game regardless of who's idea it was. And if you watch the interview with Kamiya talking about his "dream" game it always included multiple people flying on dragons. He said they just couldn't do it with the hardware/resources they had before this deal.
Those agreements are flexible and establish a clear chain of command/authority as well. Destiny is a pretty obvious example right now. Destiny was never even supposed to have mictrotransactions at all within the frame of its 10 year deal with Activision. If a developer like Bungie can get flexed on anyone can.

Guys towing the line for an interview is normal stuff every day too.... literally in most contracts as promotion lol. But again, you got your evidence of a Dev/Pub issue with Platinum/MS - you can't say there wasn't any issue and you can't act like Platinum doesn't know how to crank out exclusives under a variety of circumstances either given their long resume.

I mean, it is what it is :ld:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can't just keep on saying I'm making stuff up when articles got exerts like this:

You can keep keep saying they had 7 games and stuff, but Kamiya ain't saying "I'm so overworked" He's pointing the finger at one clear entity and there's a plainly stated conflict there as well.
Having a disagreement on how the game is shown off has absolutely nothing to do with a games development.

Marketing and developers have disagreements every day B:stopitslime:

It was Microsofts IP. It was up to Microsoft to sell it. Platinum was supposed to make it.

Those agreements are flexible and establish a clear chain of command/authority as well. Destiny is a pretty obvious example right now. Destiny was never even supposed to have mictrotransactions at all within the frame of its 10 year deal with Activision. If a developer like Bungie can get flexed on anyone can.
Yes the fukk it was. Y'all letting devs flex on y'all and blame it on the publishers. They know what the fukk they are doing and eat well doing it.

Guys towing the line for an interview is normal stuff every day too.... literally in most contracts as promotion lol. But again, you got your evidence of a Dev/Pub issue with Platinum/MS - you can't say there wasn't any issue and you can't act like Platinum doesn't know how to crank out exclusives under a variety of circumstances either given their long resume.

I mean, it is what it is :ld:
I never said there weren't disagreements. You tried to spin those disagreements to Microsoft doing him so wrong and causing him to have a mental breakdown and fukking up the development of the game :beli:

Dude seems to just like talking shyt. He called nintendos marketing of bayonneyta "junk"

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its not Microsoft's IP at all :mjlol: what in the world. I don't think you understand how this kind of thing works at all. Platinum and MS falling out over that project specifically does not in any way indicate that MS has permanent control over the IP. They probably control a few distinct resources, but because that specific title is scrapped, there's nothing keeping Platinum from taking the Scalebound IP to any other platform.

Also, "Devs can just put their foot down" or whatever.... you can't do that in any industry. Some publishers will be flexible here and there, and those are the good ones, but the retain the right to dictate what's going to be in the projects they fund.

Plus you're really trying to cling to this idea that there's no fault here of MS when at the very least you have to admit that they were responsible for burning the fukk out of a bridge with one of the best developers out there. You can go on trying to downplay it but even if everything from that article is skewed and biased, the absolute minimum still clearly shows that they're not a great fostering healthy relationships with developers.

Like I don't even think you're arguing the same point you started with anymore :dwillhuh:

"I don't know what was up with dude but you can't just randomly blame it on Microsoft. Maybe he wasn't mentally up to finishing the game. They had a lot of projects going on at once more than they ever have.

And what did they talk about that the developer didn't know about?"

So I actually dig up the article where he goes off on twitter then another saying how Microsoft deliberately kept presenting their project as something it wasn't - along with the dates that coincide with the senior developers not even being around while MS continued these habits. Platinum has been around for ages and worked on plenty of games without a hiccup across all platforms but suddenly, the one project Kamiya wanted to do the most is the one that broke him off? Cmon. That's like saying Kojima is on a road to killing himself while cranking out Death Stranding

Is the point here somehow not that this is bad business anymore? That having partnerships like that is ideal? Because you ain't even arguing anything anymore.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its not Microsoft's IP at all :mjlol: what in the world. I don't think you understand how this kind of thing works at all. Platinum and MS falling out over that project specifically does not in any way indicate that MS has permanent control over the IP. They probably control a few distinct resources, but because that specific title is scrapped, there's nothing keeping Platinum from taking the Scalebound IP to any other platform.
No. Microsoft owns the IP.

They could have someone else make it if they want.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/18/microsoft-renews-trademark-for-cancelled-game-scalebound

Also, "Devs can just put their foot down" or whatever.... you can't do that in any industry. Some publishers will be flexible here and there, and those are the good ones, but the retain the right to dictate what's going to be in the projects they fund.
They sign a contract for what they are supposed to deliver.

Again Kamiya called platinum "guns for hire"

They were paid to do a job. That's make the game.

Plus you're really trying to cling to this idea that there's no fault here of MS when at the very least you have to admit that they were responsible for burning the fukk out of a bridge with one of the best developers out there. You can go on trying to downplay it but even if everything from that article is skewed and biased, the absolute minimum still clearly shows that they're not a great fostering healthy relationships with developers.
Again kamiya said the same thing about bayonetta marketing.

I never said Microsoft had no fault.

You are the one trying to make it like Microsoft just hurt the poor guy when that's clearly not the case.

And they have plenty of 3rd party partners doing just fine.

Like I don't even think you're arguing the same point you started with anymore :dwillhuh:

"I don't know what was up with dude but you can't just randomly blame it on Microsoft. Maybe he wasn't mentally up to finishing the game. They had a lot of projects going on at once more than they ever have.

And what did they talk about that the developer didn't know about?"

So I actually dig up the article where he goes off on twitter then another saying how Microsoft deliberately kept presenting their project as something it wasn't - along with the dates that coincide with the senior developers not even being around while MS continued these habits. Platinum has been around for ages and worked on plenty of games without a hiccup across all platforms but suddenly, the one project Kamiya wanted to do the most is the one that broke him off? Cmon. That's like saying Kojima is on a road to killing himself while cranking out Death Stranding
Again your original claim was that Microsoft showed off stuff the devs didn't even know about. Which caused Kamiya to have a nervous breakdown and then they sent home platinum senior staff

You have not provided any proof to that dumb ass shyt cause it's not true.

What you did provide is kamiya complaining about the marketing of the game. THE SAME WAY HE'S DONE OTHER GAMES.

And the OPINION of a game writer that says the game was being shown off differently behind doors.

You took those two things and tried to turn it into.

Microsoft showed stuff they didn't know about: NOT TRUE

Microsoft sent senior staff at platinum home: NOT TRUE

Kamiya had a nervous breakdown because of the way Microsoft marketed the game: NOT TRUE

Platinum has had plenty of missteps.

Again they were working on like 6 games at once and ONLY ONE OF THEM WAS ANY GOOD.

Microsoft just pulled the plug before they kept throwing out money for a bad game.

Is the point here somehow not that this is bad business anymore? That having partnerships like that is ideal? Because you ain't even arguing anything anymore.
It was bad for business because they showed it off before it was ready to be shown.

Are you trying to argue that it's not bad business to sign a contract miss deadlines and badmouth your "partner" on twitter?:comeon:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
No. Microsoft owns the IP.

They could have someone else make it if they want.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/18/microsoft-renews-trademark-for-cancelled-game-scalebound

They sign a contract for what they are supposed to deliver.

Again Kamiya called platinum "guns for hire"

They were paid to do a job. That's make the game.

Again kamiya said the same thing about bayonetta marketing.

I never said Microsoft had no fault.

You are the one trying to make it like Microsoft just hurt the poor guy when that's clearly not the case.

And they have plenty of 3rd party partners doing just fine.

Again your original claim was that Microsoft showed off stuff the devs didn't even know about. Which caused Kamiya to have a nervous breakdown and then they sent home platinum senior staff

You have not provided any proof to that dumb ass shyt cause it's not true.

What you did provide is kamiya complaining about the marketing of the game. THE SAME WAY HE'S DONE OTHER GAMES.

And the OPINION of a game writer that says the game was being shown off differently behind doors.

You took those two things and tried to turn it into.

Microsoft showed stuff they didn't know about: NOT TRUE

Microsoft sent senior staff at platinum home: NOT TRUE

Kamiya had a nervous breakdown because of the way Microsoft marketed the game: NOT TRUE

Platinum has had plenty of missteps.

Again they were working on like 6 games at once and ONLY ONE OF THEM WAS ANY GOOD.

Microsoft just pulled the plug before they kept throwing out money for a bad game.

It was bad for business because they showed it off before it was ready to be shown.

Are you trying to argue that it's not bad business to sign a contract miss deadlines and badmouth your "partner" on twitter?:comeon:
Bayonetta was never in development hell at all. How do you compare complaining prior to a game getting canned after constant issues in a project's goals to a game that had some bickering that lead not only to two additional releases but even additional offshoots like Smash? That's straight up disingenuous.

The entire point was -Microsoft doesn't have healthy relationships with their developers- and you can't even deny that anymore :mjlol: You want to say that I lied or something but you got an article and a deaded franchise labeled with development issues, conflicts, and dev that's managed all sorts of different expectations from Metal Gear to Transformers to Korra without issue. Every platinum game has hit its mark. From partial participation, outsourcing, adaptations, to their own individual projects. They don't have a straight up failure or burned bridge this decade :dead: but now they ain't shyt out of nowhere. Word.

Why you are so mad at the obvious and arguing just to argue? Is this a thing? :heh: We establish that this is "not good business" then split hairs over how bad it wasn't in order to save internet face or something?

Then you just make up shyt too. I never even said that Kamiya had a nervous breakdown - you can keep saying. I said that he was done with gaming for most of the year and if it weren't for Nier, Plat would've had a much harder 2017. If you want to run with the idea Kamiya flipped you, you gotta take the whole story that includes MS having a part of the blame there too. You can't have it both ways.

Also they can still take Scalebound right down the hall to Nintendo too. I really don't think you get how intellectual properties work. Especially considering Scalebound was Kamiya's baby from the start, not the other way around. This ain't Mario or something. Also, licensing debates are deliberately deaded when ever a project falls through to protect the resources invested from both parties. Things like this either go two ways - a game is released as a DoA piece of shyt like RE: Umbrella Corps in order for everyone involved to cut losses mid-development and at the same time tie off any loose ends internally OR neither group is trying to see their assets misappropriated after a bad deal because some things can still be of value. There's no point in pretending like deaded IPs haven't been revived by dedicated developers on other platforms with other publishers or backing.

shyt on the developer that made hits for everyone brehs

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bayonetta was never in development hell at all. How do you compare complaining prior to a game getting canned after constant issues in a project's goals to a game that had some bickering that lead not only to two additional releases but even additional offshoots like Smash? That's straight up disingenuous.
Development has NOTHING to do with marketing.

Kamiya only complained about marketing as he's done with other games.

The two are wholly separate topics.

Any goals not met or development problems were platinums as platinum is an independent company who makes their own staffing and development decisions.

You are trying to say a complaint about MARKETING is what led to or indicated DEVELOPMENT problems.

That's straight up disingenuous:comeon:

The entire point was -Microsoft doesn't have healthy relationships with their developers- and you can't even deny that anymore :mjlol:
No. That wasn't your original point. And they have healthy relationships with a bunch of 3rd party/indie developers.

One failed game doesn't change that fact.

You want to say that I lied or something but you got an article and a deaded franchise labeled with development issues, conflicts, and dev that's managed all sorts of different expectations from Metal Gear to Transformers to Korra without issue.
Kora was horrible.
Transformers was mediocre at best.

Every platinum game has hit its mark.
No the fukk they have not:stopitslime:
From partial participation, outsourcing, adaptations, to their own individual projects. They don't have a straight up failure or burned bridge this decade :dead: but now they ain't shyt out of nowhere. Word.

Why you are so mad at the obvious and arguing just to argue? Is this a thing? :heh: We establish that this is "not good business" then split hairs over how bad it wasn't in order to save internet face or something?
Out of 7 games to come out this gen ONE of them was good. fukking ONE.

Then you just make up shyt too. I never even said that Kamiya had a nervous breakdown - you can keep saying. I said that he was done with gaming for most of the year and if it weren't for Nier, Plat would've had a much harder 2017. If you want to run with the idea Kamiya flipped you, you gotta take the whole story that includes MS having a part of the blame there too. You can't have it both ways.
If he was "done with gaming" and senior staff had to take time off cause they were burnt out you gotta take the whole story that they were developing 6+ games at once which they've never done before and only ONE of them was any good.:comeon:

Also they can still take Scalebound right down the hall to Nintendo too. I really don't think you get how intellectual properties work.
Microsoft owns the IP and assets.

That's the deal platinum signed.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Especially considering Scalebound was Kamiya's baby from the start, not the other way around.
Doesn't matter if it was his baby from the start. He sold his baby.

This ain't Mario or something. Also, licensing debates are deliberately deaded when ever a project falls through to protect the resources invested from both parties. Things like this either go two ways - a game is released as a DoA piece of shyt like RE: Umbrella Corps in order for everyone involved to cut losses mid-development and at the same time tie off any loose ends internally OR neither group is trying to see their assets misappropriated after a bad deal because some things can still be of value. There's no point in pretending like deaded IPs haven't been revived by dedicated developers on other platforms with other publishers or backing.
The person that owns the IP has to be on board or sell it to someone else. In this case it's Microsoft that owns the IP.

shyt on the developer that made hits for everyone brehs
Reality is platinum has developed only ONE great franchise from the ground up on their own. That's bayonnetta.

Then they co-developed 2 games that were good in MGSR and Nier. Two already established franchises with most of the work done that platinum just had to work on combat.

Other than that their output has been trash to mediocre.

They've had much more misses than hits.