Rent a center should be illegal

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Rent-to-Own: Costly Convenience

Rent to own is never a good idea. It's a business that has zero upside from a consumer perspective and as such deserves at the very least the same protections as other lending scenarios.

No argument about customer education changes those facts. :francis:
It's kinda hard to make the argument that if they specifically tell you if you don't pay the $600 in that 6 months than that pair of Beats is gonna cost you $960, and we all know they retail for under $300, if you walk in there knowingly and sign to those terms that anything wrong happened.

They say if you don't pay our marked up rate in 6 months you're gonna pay us even more. There's no consumer education required for that. I mean I don't agree with it but I'm not involved. That's between the leaser and the lessee.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It's kinda hard to make the argument that if they specifically tell you if you don't pay the $600 in that 6 months than that pair of Beats is gonna cost you $960, and we all know they retail for under $300, if you walk in there knowingly and sign to those terms that anything wrong happened.

They say if you don't pay our marked up rate in 6 months you're gonna pay us even more. There's no consumer education required for that. I mean I don't agree with it but I'm not involved. That's between the leaser and the lessee.
Have you not read about the people being arrested and charged for felonies for merely falling behind on their payments.

Regardless, there are hundreds of consumer protection laws that protect consumers. Coincidentally, RAC now shows the prices as a result of lawsuits related to those very laws. :mjlol:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Have you not read about the people being arrested and charged for felonies for merely falling behind on their payments.

Regardless, there are hundreds of consumer protection laws that protect consumers. Coincidentally, RAC now shows the prices as a result of lawsuits related to those very laws. :mjlol:
so RAC repossesses their property and the customers still get arrested? that needs to change. if people stop paying, RAC should get their stuff and fukk off.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Rent-to-Own: Costly Convenience

Rent to own is never a good idea. It's a business that has zero upside from a consumer perspective and as such deserves at the very least the same protections as other lending scenarios.

No argument about customer education changes those facts. :francis:

you say they don't have any upside - it's renting until you own, some people prefer this because it gets you the product now, you are leasing it and then buying it outright without having to go through the whole ordeal of taking it back and delivery etc etc. Electronics are one thing but for furniture it may make sense for some people. Putting this on your credit card (if the person even has one) could potentially be just as bad. You're basically not making any sense. there are all types of balloon payments and leasing products that have the potential to hurt consumers...it's the consumers jobs to understand what htey are purchasing at the end.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
are you just totally anti personal responsibility? :pachaha:

im not allowed to say that someone who got 'conned' into paying 4300 dollars for a 2000 dollar tv is a fukking idiot? as i sit here watching my 200 dollar tv ?

welcome to the new America, Careful he may say you cyber bullied him, find out where you work, and get you fired.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Food for thought

:ehh:

here's some food for thought

Rob RousseauVerified account
@robrousseau
flamboyant writer. gun expert. Fox News contributor. voter fraud coordinator. mediocre musician. cool dad. host of

:mjlol:

Ddj647uVwAA8sy8.jpg:large

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

The way they harass people over missed payments is dead wrong. Perhaps their profits cratered when they had to start listing the price. Whatever the reason if people know those inflated prices and still want the goods then it should exist.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The way they harass people over missed payments is dead wrong. Perhaps their profits cratered when they had to start listing the price. Whatever the reason if people know those inflated prices and still want the goods then it should exist.
Irrelevant. The rent to own business should be subject to the same standards as the lending business.