Remedy Games calls out Series S as being a major development hinderance

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony stan’s: “Dev calls series S a major development hinderance” “dev says series S i holding games back” “ dev says the series s is a problem across the board” “dev said they had to go out of their way since may to get series s working” “dev says the series s needs special attention and it’s not worth it”

Choosing my words carefully here - we like Xbox, we like Sony. On Series S, the CPU is pretty much the same as on Series X. There's not a massive difference, but the GPU is an issue, it really is. Then, having less memory is a pretty big problem. We often get comments like, 'Hey, you make PC games, surely you know how to scale.' Well, memory is not a problem on PC. It really isn't, and that's one of the struggles when you talk about resolution and frame-rate.

It's not enough to just drop the resolution heavily (that's what we're doing on the Series S) and really, really working hard to make sure that the visual quality still holds up. It's strange that people can't accept that on a weaker PC, you're just going to have less. The visuals are not going to be as good, and your frame rate is not going to be as high as expected.

There's a massive difference between Series S and Series X GPUs. Sure, people can mention that this game did this so well and all that, but every game is different, and every developer is different. You can't have the best of both worlds, and you have to choose where you're going to focus.

I think the Series S is priced at $250 or whatnot, while the Series X and PS5 are $500. Obviously, there's a massive difference in the power you're getting, right? It's a lot easier to scale on the PC because of memory. It's not like there's one super PC and one weaker PC. There are 300+ PC configurations in between, and trust me, that's a massive struggle. But we've shipped a lot of games on PC, so we're a bit better about that. We really worked hard on getting the Series S to run at a solid 30 FPS and trying to maintain good visual quality. But if you want to see the game (e.g. AW2) at its best, in full next-gen glory, then it's going to be on the machines that have the hardware grunt to enable that.

Me:”He didn’t say any of that :dwillhuh:

Sony stan’s:”Lying ass meach won’t even believe the developer.

It’s like talking to MAGA. Truth don’t matter long as you can own the xbots :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
but he did say there were big, big problems...

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nobody said “special attention” All platforms get individual optimization time. As long as there are enough Series S out there devs will support it. Has nothing to do with playstation.

Sony stan musings.

It was testified in court that xbox users and gamepass users specifically spend more money on gaming

Poor devs gotta do a little work to get games out :stopitslime:
Funny we don't keep hearing about developers having issues getting features running on the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 but there's constant devs grumbling about the Xbox Series S to the point it caused a clear game of the year candidate to get jammed up.

Spend more on games doesn't mean buys more copies of games. You can spend more on games by buying micro transactions in games you got off Game Pass rather than buying full games.

But I'm game. Show me a high profile game on both platforms where the Xbox gamers bought more copies than the PlayStation gamers release date being equal.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Funny we don't keep hearing about developers having issues getting features running on the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 but there's constant devs grumbling about the Xbox Series S to the point it caused a clear game of the year candidate to get jammed up.
Because people keep asking them in interviews cause they know it’s gonna lead to clicks. There’s no “constant” grumbling.

Funny when a developer directly says

You ignore that and keep running with your own story.

We believing devs or naw:usure:
Spend more on games doesn't mean buys more copies of games. You can spend more on games by buying micro transactions in games you got off Game Pass rather than buying full games.

But I'm game. Show me a high profile game on both platforms where the Xbox gamers bought more copies than the PlayStation gamers release date being equal.
Again it was testified in court that gamepass users spend more on gaming overall.

Actually they're way more engaged outside the subscription," Simonetta continue. "They go out to stores and buy more games than they did before they joined."

You said”customers are less inclined to purchase games anyway as they’ve been conditioned to wait for games to come to a subscription service instead.”
With absolutely nothing to back it up other than tales from your ass. :comeon:

As usual, i post actual quotes and numbers, y’all post cac tweets and “sony stan facts” :wow:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
He also calls deving for PC a “massive struggle”

Full context he’s just saying devs have to compromise framerate and performance to get games running on the S.

I’m not the one stanning here, there’s clear agenda in the tweet and some of your reaction to what was said.
It really is much ado about nothing. They basically said what we already knew. If you want to play these games with the best next gen experience you'll need to play them on series x of ps5.

:manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Because people keep asking them in interviews cause they know it’s gonna lead to clicks. There’s no “constant” grumbling.

Funny when a developer directly says

You ignore that and keep running with your own story.

We believing devs or naw:usure:

Again it was testified in court that gamepass users spend more on gaming overall.

You said”customers are less inclined to purchase games anyway as they’ve been conditioned to wait for games to come to a subscription service instead.”
With absolutely nothing to back it up other than tales from your ass. :comeon:

As usual, i post actual quotes and numbers, y’all post cac tweets and “sony stan facts” :wow:
What are the conditions and comparison groups. They spend more on gaming overall in comparison to who?

More than Xbox gamers who don't subscribe to Game Pass? More than Nintendo gamers? More than PlayStation gamers? More than PC gamers?

You're spitting out statistics a talking head at a company is spouting out to sell people on that company's business model. The control groups will have been crafted to make the data say what they want.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There’s a reason they went from “copies sold” to “people played” when releasing milestone stats

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What are the conditions and comparison groups. They spend more on gaming overall in comparison to who?

More than Xbox gamers who don't subscribe to Game Pass? More than Nintendo gamers? More than PlayStation gamers? More than PC gamers?

You're spitting out statistics a talking head at a company is spouting out to sell people on that company's business model. The control groups will have been crafted to make the data say what they want.
So yeah. Actual data and sworn testimony is non-credible. Whatever sony stan’s told you is facts.

Sony(maga) stan’s :mjlol:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Talk to this nikka :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So yeah. Actual data and sworn testimony is non-credible. Whatever sony stan’s told you is facts.

Sony(maga) stan’s :mjlol:
And I'm asking you who the control groups for that survey are.

You're saying actual data but you aren't even saying what groups were compared in that data.

Didn't Sony, Nintendo, Epic, and Steam provide Bond with detailed data on what people on their platforms spend on games?

I went to the Forbes article and it does say they spend 20% more on gaming but it doesn't say in comparison to what other group so that statement is worthless.

The logical assumption is Microsoft compared Xbox owners who subscribe to Game Pass vs ones that don't because they have all the detailed data there. You seem to want to imply that statistic extends to groups on platforms they wouldn't have data on unless competitors gave them data.