Remedy Games calls out Series S as being a major development hinderance

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
We know physical sales are way down across the board (even worse at retail), but you expect us to believe that M$ is able to avoid that trend by offering digital games for free through a subscription service?

:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’m not sure how much more of a direct answer you could get.

You are squirming looking for someway to discredit the direct statements and data.

And you have provided ZERO proof to your anecdote.
I'm not discrediting anything I'm stating the obvious. The money these customers would have spent on buying just the game is getting redirected elsewhere because they don't have to buy the game on that service.

If we ignore the fact that the customer that doesn't have Game Pass has to buy every game and just look at the microtransaction spending habits of them vs the retail buyer then obviously the person that didn't buy the game would be inclined to spend more on microtransactions and additional content.

Here's a thought if you take the average person and free up money they planned to spend anyway they'll just direct the spending elsewhere.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not discrediting anything I'm stating the obvious. The money these customers would have spent on buying just the game is getting redirected elsewhere because they don't have to buy the game on that service.

If we ignore the fact that the customer that doesn't have Game Pass has to buy every game and just look at the microtransaction spending habits of them vs the retail buyer then obviously the person that didn't buy the game would be inclined to spend more on microtransactions and additional content.

Here's a thought if you take the average person and free up money they planned to spend anyway they'll just direct the spending elsewhere.
But you are wrong there as well.

All you have to do is actually read/watch the info with an open mind instead of trying to retroactively prove some shyt you were wrong about.

5-EA1-CDDE-47-DE-4-C8-D-AA53-F6333-EA8-D49-E.png

It’s not just 50% more on dlc for the games they don’t buy. It’s 50% more money on the xbox ecosystem TOTAL.

So we now have data/testimony that Gamepass users buy more games outside of games pass and they spend more money on gaming overall.

It’s all been there from the jump, but you dudes are so enthralled in that sony stan information bubble that a person can post direct numbers, quotes, and sworn legal statements and you still call that person the liar cause it doesn’t line up with what your feelings are. (literally maga cult shyt:mjlol:)

Sony fukkin stan’s :huhldup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
We know physical sales are way down across the board (even worse at retail), but you expect us to believe that M$ is able to avoid that trend by offering digital games for free through a subscription service?

If I'm a gamer waiting for games to come to Game Pass and I see a game I'm waiting for go on a pretty good discount I might buy it to play it earlier. That might amount to me buying more games than people off the service that have to spend $70 on AAA releases upfront.

A company that relies on selling games upfront isn't at an advantage forgoing that and putting the game on Game Pass to get customers to spend 20% more on microtransactions when that 20% is coming from money they no longer had to spend on the game up front.

Microsoft is a company that prints money. All they have to do is fund the cost of the development from internal company sources and put the game on their service. They don't have to give anyone a cut of anything for their own games. Of course Game Pass is advantageous for them but if they ain't cutting great deals for 3rd party companies then there's no advantage to 3rd parties putting games on the service until they're old and sold through (the Sony approach).

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Hey man, just watch the video. Stuff like gamepass is a direct response/answer to declining retail.

I know it don’t feel good, cause this isn’t sonys direction (yet) but the answers are there for those of you who care :ehh:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
You are asking me to prove things i never said, cause that’s the next goalpost/deflection you want to move to instead of just admitting you were wrong.

:dead: This is the exact behavior you be engaging in all the time from what I see. Some Series S level gaslighting and hypocrisy. Much like the Series S, you have issues with your GPU and RAM. You may actually have a diminished capacity.

Definitely a reading disorder. Incapable of abstract thought. You can only think concretely like a child. So when the Remedy dev says that there's a "massive difference" between the Series X and Series S GPU and RAM, and they have to work really hard just to get a stable 30 fps, a poster with a functioning GPU and RAM, says the Series S needs "special attention." But you like

Nobody said “special attention." :damn:

No, those words were not literally said. The f****** developer said he had to choose his words carefully, here.

steve-harvey-what.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:dead: This is the exact behavior you be engaging in all the time from what I see. Some Series S level gaslighting and hypocrisy. Much like the Series S, you have issues with your GPU and RAM. You may actually have a diminished capacity.

Definitely a reading disorder. Incapable of abstract thought. You can only think concretely like a child. So when the Remedy dev says that there's a "massive difference" between the Series X and Series S GPU and RAM, and they have to work really hard just to get a stable 30 fps, a poster with a functioning GPU and RAM, says the Series S needs "special attention." But you like

Nobody said “special attention." :damn:

No, those words were not literally said. The f****** developer said he had to choose his words carefully, here.

steve-harvey-what.gif
Hey man, you guys can make up your own story. Ima stick to what was actually said. :ehh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Hey man, just watch the video. Stuff like gamepass is a direct response/answer to declining retail.

I know it don’t feel good, cause this isn’t sonys direction (yet) but the answers are there for those of you who care :ehh:

M$ needs to get into movie and music as well as they're somehow bucking every single trend that we've seen with streaming services.

More power to you if you believe people are going to the store more when the majority of xbox's base is currently the series S which doesn't even have a disc drive.

That doesn't even make sense unless the previous numbers were incredibly low.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
M$ needs to get into movie and music as well as they're somehow bucking every single trend that we've seen with streaming services.

More power to you if you believe people are going to the store more when the majority of xbox's base is currently the series S which doesn't even have a disc drive.

That doesn't even make sense unless the previous numbers were incredibly low.
Hey man like i said. Ima believe the numbers and sworn statements.

You can believe your feelings i guess :manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Hey man like i said. Ima believe the numbers and sworn statements.

You can believe your feelings i guess :manny:
nah its common sense, but I guess going from 100 to 150 games sold looks better when written as a 50% increase.

:manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But you are wrong there as well.

All you have to do is actually read/watch the info with an open mind instead of trying to retroactively prove some shyt you were wrong about.

5-EA1-CDDE-47-DE-4-C8-D-AA53-F6333-EA8-D49-E.png

It’s not just 50% more on dlc for the games they don’t buy. It’s 50% more money on the xbox ecosystem TOTAL.

So we now have data/testimony that Gamepass users buy more games outside of games pass and they spend more money on gaming overall.

It’s all been there from the jump, but you dudes are so enthralled in that sony stan information bubble that a person can post direct numbers, quotes, and sworn legal statements and you still call that person the liar cause it doesn’t line up with what your feelings are. (literally maga cult shyt:mjlol:)

Sony fukkin stan’s :huhldup:
EA only allows old sold through games to come to Game Pass when they hit EA Access
Ubisoft requires you spend $18 to them per-month to get their games

I guess by your argument all these major publishers making business decisions are Sony stans because clearly the data shows they should put all their games on Game Pass and reap the rewards of people spending more yet none of them do day 1 major releases on Game Pass.

I'm sorry buy you're presenting me with internally created Microsoft slides hand crafted to selectively look at the data and say exactly what they want them to say. The truth however is Game Pass is Microsoft's walled garden favorable for them but to external companies in the business of selling expensive to make games not so favorable.

Here's a news flash you can go to any company's investor relations page and get power point slides that sell you on the business model. Even companies that ultimately go bankrupt and go out of business had those slides.

Netflix boast about households that watch their content and you go on their page and a household is counted as having watched a program is they saw just 2 minutes of a program. If I watched 2 minutes of an 40-60 minute program did I really watch? The data you post is even more vague. It doesn't tell me what the conditions of that 50% more spend is on. What limitations they put on the data and what variables they used to reach that number.

Companies employ people to craft and manipulate data to saw whatever they want.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
EA only allows old sold through games to come to Game Pass when they hit EA Access

I guess by your argument all these major publishers making business decisions are Sony stans because clearly the data shows they should put all their games on Game Pass and reap the rewards of people spending more yet none of them do day 1 major releases on Game Pass.

I'm sorry buy you're presenting me with internally created Microsoft slides hand crafted to selectively look at the data and say exactly what they want them to say. The truth however is Game Pass is Microsoft's walled garden favorable for them but to external companies in the business of selling expensive to make games not so favorable.

Here's a news flash you can go to any company's investor relations page and get power point slides that sell you on the business model. Even companies that ultimately go bankrupt and go out of business had those slides.

Netflix boast about households that watch their content and you go on their page and a household is counted as having watched a program is they saw just 2 minutes of a program. If I watched 2 minutes of an 40-60 minute program did I really watch? The data you post is even more vague. It doesn't tell me what the conditions of that 50% more spend is on. What limitations they put on the data and what variables they used to reach that number.

Stop thinking/using common sense. That's what sony stans do. Just believe me

:ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

On to the next deflection.

Sony stan’s are fukkin crazy :mjlol: