Remedy Games calls out Series S as being a major development hinderance

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Like I always said, Series S was the dumb thing they came up with. Should have followed what PS5 did, digital console and disc console with the same exact specs.
Nah, series S just became a handicap of the covid era.

Resources that would have been used to build out it's streaming etc were shifted to supporting massively expanding cloud business as we shifted to remote work.

It's limitations are cap though, because companies still releasing shyt on ps4 :russ:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Yeah, I’ve always said from the beginning once we get to the mid generation cycle that the series s is gonna start having a lot of problems keeping up. Even new games on the ps5 and series x are struggling now.
Honestly, if I'm in position of power within Microsoft, I would take a major risk and kill off the current Series S and make the upcoming all digital Series X and make that the new Series S. That way, the performance and hardware is 1:1, which will please developers and publishers. Also give a discount for those who got the current S and can use that discount to buy the new S and exchange their current model. Pretty much build up good will across the board.

Just realize that when I was typing this, the all digital Series X is basically what the Series S should've been at launch. :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, if I'm in position of power within Microsoft, I would take a major risk and kill off the current Series S and make the upcoming all digital Series X and make that the new Series S. That way, the performance and hardware is 1:1, which will please developers and publishers. Also give a discount for those who got the current S and can use that discount to buy the new S and exchange their current model. Pretty much build up good will across the board.

Just realize that when I was typing this, the all digital Series X is basically what the Series S should've been at launch. :snoop:

Yeah, unfortunately the rope is too tight at this point, like half the amount of consoles they sold are series S units.

whats even worse is with how long cross generation last now its going to continue being a problem well into the next generation.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Yeah, unfortunately the rope is too tight at this point, like half the amount of consoles they sold are series S units.

whats even worse is with how long cross generation last now its going to continue being a problem well into the next generation.
Crazy how the whole point of the Series S existence is to push Gamepass subs, which it did, but it still didn't help it reach the expected number of subscribers, so the system is a flop because of it. We already know that Microsoft won't learn their lesson, so they'll make another mistake next gen.

Might as well get the DoJ involve and have them threaten on splitting the company up like they're trying to do with Google, Meta, Amazon and Apple. Would be funny if that's the only way they'll get their shyt together.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crazy how the whole point of the Series S existence is to push Gamepass subs, which it did, but it still didn't help it reach the expected number of subscribers, so the system is a flop because of it. We already know that Microsoft won't learn their lesson, so they'll make another mistake next gen.

Might as well get the DoJ involve and have them threaten on splitting the company up like they're trying to do with Google, Meta, Amazon and Apple. Would be funny if that's the only way they'll get their shyt together.

They will try to break up the walled gardens of the other consoles eventually, its clearly the route they’re going

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Xbox would cease to exist without Microsoft saving their ass. They most likely would've been dead during the 360 gen due to RROD. However, they got the okay from Balmer to take the loss. I don't think there is any other company that is willing to give the Xbox brand that many chances. We all saw what happened with Google, Amazon, and even Apple when things aren't going well for a product. Maybe a company like Tencent might be willing to take the risk, but other than that there is no company willing to take on the brand. Plus, there is no way you can trust the stooges there to survive on their own when they've been failing for the past 11 years with Microsoft backing them.