Remedy Games calls out Series S as being a major development hinderance

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Does he say memory is a problem when it comes to the series s? Does he also state that folks like you will bring up pc as an argument and it’s not the same?
Again.

I posted the exact quotes of what dude said.

He DEFINITELY didn’t say what’s in the cac tweet.

What are you even arguing about right now?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Again.

I posted the exact quotes of what dude said.

He DEFINITELY didn’t say what’s in the cac tweet.

What are you even arguing about right now?
I’m just posting quotes from the video

:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
“People accept that on a weaker PC your just gonna have less….you know the visuals are not just gonna be good and your framerate is not gonna be good, etc etc”

“There’s like 300 PC configurations and that’s a massive struggle… but we’ve shipped a lot of pc so we are better about that”

“We worked really hard on getting a solid 30 on series s and trying to maintain a good visual quality, but if you want to see the game at its best, it’s gonna be on the machine that has enough grunt to enable that.

I deal in actual quotes.

You goofies make up stuff :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“People accept that on a weaker PC your just gonna have less….you know the visuals are not just gonna be good and your framerate is not gonna be good, etc etc”

“There’s like 300 PC configurations and that’s a massive struggle… but we’ve shipped a lot of pc so we are better about that”

“We worked really hard on getting a solid 30 on series s and trying to maintain a good visual quality, but if you want to see the game at its best, it’s gonna be on the machine that has enough grunt to enable that.

I deal in actual quotes.

All that is said literally after he says what he says about the Series S :wtf:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Literally an interview from the developer :dahell:

We just don’t believe you.

You over stepped and went too hard with the agenda.

You already cripple the Sony side and there is no coming back from that.

You gonna have to either lay low for a bit or create an alias cuz you been burned :pachaha:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Anybody with common sense knew this was gonna be an issue as cross-gen games got phased out. MS, like usual, has no foresight or vision and eventually, I think this will lead to more games becoming PS only until MS drops the parity mandate or allows devs to skip the S altogether. It just isn't tenable in the long term.

The fact they are considering different powered systems in next gen shows how out of touch and clueless their leadership is.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

I deal in actual quotes.

Dd you actually hear the context dumbass ? I know you have a 6th grade education so its hard to understand things like this...

What he is saying is that pc people except their fate, they know what the hardware can or cannot do, but there are being asked to push that shiity series S way beyond its limits... he's saying Microsoft needs to accept that this machine is shyt...

"Memory is an issue" "The GPU is a big big problem"

Its no small coincidence that the 2 hall of shame Xbox posters are also the ones with the least brain cells

Hit the bricks old man, yah done.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
full transcript so meach can stop lying

IGN: Is the Xbox Series S a net positive, in the eyes of a top-tier developer like Remedy?

Thomas Puha (Remedy): Choosing my words carefully here - we like Xbox, we like Sony. On Series S, the CPU is pretty much the same as on Series X. There's not a massive difference, but the GPU is an issue, it really is. Then, having less memory is a pretty big problem. We often get comments like, 'Hey, you make PC games, surely you know how to scale.' Well, memory is not a problem on PC. It really isn't, and that's one of the struggles when you talk about resolution and frame-rate.

It's not enough to just drop the resolution heavily (that's what we're doing on the Series S) and really, really working hard to make sure that the visual quality still holds up. It's strange that people can't accept that on a weaker PC, you're just going to have less. The visuals are not going to be as good, and your frame rate is not going to be as high as expected.

There's a massive difference between Series S and Series X GPUs. Sure, people can mention that this game did this so well and all that, but every game is different, and every developer is different. You can't have the best of both worlds, and you have to choose where you're going to focus.

I think the Series S is priced at $250 or whatnot, while the Series X and PS5 are $500. Obviously, there's a massive difference in the power you're getting, right? It's a lot easier to scale on the PC because of memory. It's not like there's one super PC and one weaker PC. There are 300+ PC configurations in between, and trust me, that's a massive struggle. But we've shipped a lot of games on PC, so we're a bit better about that. We really worked hard on getting the Series S to run at a solid 30 FPS and trying to maintain good visual quality. But if you want to see the game (e.g. AW2) at its best, in full next-gen glory, then it's going to be on the machines that have the hardware grunt to enable that.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
You can’t even hear half of what he says and he for sure says literally NONE of what the cac says in the tweet.

That dude is the fanboyest fanboy on the whole fukkin internet, The fact that you bring his content here is laughable.

alright what the hell is going on. He literally says the gpu and low memory are a big problem. Are you fukking crazy? How is it fun to stan a company? :dahell:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I think this will lead to more games becoming PS only until MS drops the parity mandate or allows devs to skip the S altogether. It just isn't tenable in the long term.
Yea, that's not gonna happen. The leaks revealed that like 75% of xbox owners owned a series S. MS really screwed themselves.