Religion, Race, and Rebellion

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Thats cool and all but its the type of magical thinking thats got us nowhere :yeshrug:

If it was Vodun and not the numbers advantage + geography that allowed the revolution to succeed, then use it to make Haiti a nation of abundance :ehh:
So DR. Reginald Crosely gave a possibly spiritual reason for the fall of Haiti post revolution. Allegedly the deaths of the French were used to feed an Egrigor that powered the revolution, presumably by giving more Haitians the will and strength to fight., The Egrigor was summoned originally by Desalines. Egrigors can only be banished by the summoner and in Haiti's case they killed Desalines before he could do that so that entity and the energy it is associated with it still resides there..Got this from Vodou Quantum Leap.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
So DR. Reginald Crosely gave a possibly spiritual reason for the fall of Haiti post revolution. Allegedly the deaths of the French were used to feed an Egrigor that powered the revolution, presumably by giving more Haitians the will and strength to fight., The Egrigor was summoned originally by Desalines. Egrigors can only be banished by the summoner and in Haiti's case they killed Desalines before he could do that so that entity and the energy it is associated with it still resides there..Got this from Vodou Quantum Leap.

I have a hard time believing this.

Touissant and Desalines allied with different European powers at different points of the revolution.

Seems unnecessary if it were some supernatural force.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I have a hard time believing this.

Touissant and Desalines allied with different European powers at different points of the revolution.

Seems unnecessary if it were some supernatural force.
I'm not saying it's true. Just answering your why not use Vodoun question, is all.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
@Poitier also, do you feel that the red herring of religion is being used to divide us further? (seemingly) and are we doing this to ourselves or is someone else?

It’s a bit of both.

White supremacist know what they are doing when they get Black pastors to stand behind them.

OTOH a lot of hotep rhetoric looks at religion through a divisive black and white lens.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It’s a bit of both.

White supremacist know what they are doing when they get Black pastors to stand behind them.

OTOH a lot of hotep rhetoric looks at religion through a divisive black and white lens.
My older bro is a lecturer and I have met SA neter AA Rashid ect. A lot of these cats think of black consciousness as another hustle or cult of personality. It's dangerous.

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Not only is this wrong but it shows you don’t know the specific details of the environment leading up to the revolution nor what actually transpired.

FYI most Islamic African countries allowed for the practice of indigenous religions.

what does that have to do with Bois Caiman?

Either show receipts or shut the fukk up :heh:

even your little stooge @Diasporan Royalty believes I'm right.

I have to agree that Bois Caiman WAS mainly a vodou ceremony with little non-vodou influence.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
what does that have to do with Bois Caiman?

Either show receipts or shut the fukk up :heh:

Everything :heh:

Vodou isn’t an African religion.

Jesus was a Jew.

You had Christian enslaved Africans and free people of color in Haiti.

Furthermore, Bois Caiman real importance was the gathering of enslaved Africans to congregate and coordinate similar to the revolt in New York.

It’s fairly clear you don’t know much outside of surface level details of your own people’s revolution smh.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Everything :heh:

Vodou isn’t an African religion

You had Christian enslaved Africans...

Furthermore, Bois Caiman real importance was the gathering of enslaved Africans to congregate and coordinate similar to the revolt in New York.

It’s fairly clear you don’t know much outside of surface level details of your own people’s revolution smh.

All lies. :mjlol:

Oh look, you couldn't wait to trace everything back to AAs.

That's what this thread is really about.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
All lies. :mjlol:

Oh look, you couldn't wait to trace everything back to AAs.

That's what this thread is really about.

The enslaved Africans in New York weren’t AA you doofus...

The rest of your post is just showing the typical ignorance that’s become associated with you, Fandroid.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
"Jesus was a jew"

Duh?

"Haiti had free people of color"

Duh?

Still has nothing to do with Bois Caiman.

Free people of color who practiced Christianity...something you think Haitians had no knowledge of :mjlol:

If you can’t get the analogy of Jesus being a Jew and Dutty Boukman being a Muslim then you’re dumber than I thought.