relationships are a pain man....like am i wrong here?!!

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
He could've talked to his wall, like all of us could. But we come here for an obvious reason: company. Thecoli is not a diary, a diary don't talk or talk back. We here because other people are here.

And OP should discipline his girl or drop her.
I actually do look in the mirror for advice/ criticism

And “discipline “ his girl? Man watch your words that’s a slippery slope homie… only disciplining he should be doing is exercising his power to walk tf away

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I actually do look in the mirror for advice/ criticism

And “discipline “ his girl? Man watch your words that’s a slippery slope homie… only disciplining he should be doing is exercising his power to walk tf away
Yes, discipline. Put boundaries and give proper instructions. If she refuses, she out. 2 people or more cannot be together without a common framework.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
Serious question and maybe I’m being too literal but saying most men “wouldn’t mind” is such an odd outlook. If you have to look at it that way why are you with the person?

Well, compromise is the corner stone of every relationship. Even the most introverted of men (if he is reasonable) would want to compromise for the sake of his girl. The problem in the case of OP, if we take his post at face value, is that his woman does not recognize the effort he makes in terms of keeping her happy. This is clearly a problem.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Wait hold up you tolerating this disrespect from a younger chick too.

No wonder she’s delusional as heck.

I’m not saying your Scott free because you definitely could be doing more to make her feel special if she’s your girl.

I wouldn't say disrespect because she hasn't but apparently I am not meeting her expectations as her bf to make her feel appreciated. I will see what this leads to.

4 real

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA/Melmac
Earlier this year, I went to x place with my girl. Spent like 5 days, super nice high rise hotel, then two overseas country halfway through the year...for close to a week.... she constantly complains about me not courting her. We live together. Our last date was a month ago. In between thanks giving holiday, also I traveled to South Florida myself n she goes to vegas and now wants to do a trip or road trip which I honestly don't care to do. All my vacation days have been spent traveling, I just want to freaking chill.

Like damn, its like women keep watching these social media sheet n think life should be some fairy tale romance movies daily, dates weekly blah blah. I am perfectly fine just chillin at the house. I have always been this way. F

Like I am the easiest guy to date because I am mad laid back and let things work itself out (lol she complains about that too). Now she is talking about trouble in paradise.

lol am I wrong here? Also valentines day and her birthday, I went big for her. It's like all that is out of the window.
Beginning of the end...

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I wouldn't say disrespect because she hasn't but apparently I am not meeting her expectations as her bf to make her feel appreciated. I will see what this leads to.

You flew her around the world and you haven't met her expectations🤣🤣

Unless her vagina pulling out the next wembanyama, why are you making this shyt so difficult?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Consider this, how do you feel?

Do you feel like she’s meeting your expectations? Are there things she could do better?

Are you happy with her? If you are tell her that.

That’s one of these things women like to hear.

Were you happy otherwise prior to this conversation?

Did you feel prior to these conversations that you were on a path to marriage?

The problem is, it sounds like she dictating or controlling the pace of the relationship.

And she doesn’t want to do. She wants you to take initiative and plan dates more frequently without being told.

Not because she expects it but because she wants to know that you actually want to spend time with her.

You got put your foot down and be in control.

With women you have to remember you’re always being compared to their ex’s, flings, social media, movies and horny men they encounter.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
As many people have said, anything you do at the beginning of a relationship, be prepared to do that the rest of the relationship. You're in constant campaigning mode with women. When a woman says you don't do this or that anymore, she's often right but forgets that such was done to get into the door. I'd say put your foot down but either ways, you'll probably have to let this one go.

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
nikka done more for this broad this year alone than nikkas have done for their own mama…. And he still can’t meet her “expectations” this a dead end ass thread. Good luck

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
I stopped at a very young trying to be a woman pleaser. I’m talking, 22-24, tops. Best decision I ever made for my sanity and peace of mind. I, like most men raised before the advent of the internet, was indoctrinated with the Disney movie bullshyt. Treat her like a queen, “happy wife, happy life”, never stop dating her, always court her, etc. All bullshyt. These women don’t appreciate shyt. All that that matters to her is the latest gift, trip, fancy dinner. Nothing before TODAY matters in a woman’s mind. That shyt is for the birds. Racking your finances and tranquility of spirit to make some ungrateful, lack of perspective having whore satisfied so that you continue having access to her vagina and fukked up attitude is not the life for me :camby:

you simps can tell yourselves whatever you need to. That you “stepped up to the plate“ and you were a “real man” for wifing up some nagging, perpetually unsatisfied whore who will literally drain all of life’s joy out of you, as well as your hard earned resources,over time if you’re not smart enough to recognize the trap and avoid it early in life. fukk that. I spend all my time and money making MYSELF happy. Doing shyt I wanna do, eating where I wanna eat, going where I wanna go. I’m always satisfied, never feel taken advantage of or under appreciated, and I’m appreciative of my efforts :blessed:

Brehs better wake up….life is a one time shot. Ain’t No do overs and you don’t get wasted time back…

Last edited:

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Just had a 90 minute plus convo. She wants us to get therapy. Apparently she feels like I dont love her because I don't do the little things like get her flowers(I do for valentines day) random surprises, plan fun dates to keep her happy. I am not romantic enough but everything else i am good at, being there for her, listening to her blah blah but I am not emotional enough. She even said I am one the few guys she know she can trust 100 percent(I have passed up easy ass multiples times)

Pretty sure this is going to crash and burn at this point. I am going to therapy route and attempt to do better and "tap in to my emotional side" but at this point looking bad.

As a single male, I did not have to worry about this n being put on a emotional roller coaster. Like I dont know....I legit think if this fails, that my next move is a 30 plus, being single for a minute, has a dog , woman who just appreciates a man being there for her.

Also think its because my source of happiness doesn't really depend on someone while hers does.

I will see how this goes.

She’s pushing you away. There’s a reason for this.

Do NOT go to that therapist bruh.

Walk away. Tell her to go find better.

& to the fool talking about “why I’m in a relationship with someone I don’t trust?” 🤣 man, y’all nikkas just don’t learn.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
:picard:

Disrespect is not just her cussing you out bruh.
My advice would be not to go to that therapy because that’s her idea.

You are literally in a position now where she’s dictating the outcome regardless of how you feel.

From your posts bruh, you also come across like you don’t like confrontations.
Man up a bit and dash your balls on her forehead.