Redfall looking like shyt outchea Update: COMING IN AT 30FPS LMAO

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I wonder if the Xbox Series S has anything to do with this being 30fps.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wonder if the Xbox Series S has anything to do with this being 30fps.
I don't understand why it would, but devs keep saying the Series S is holding back the Series X. On PC, there are many different options to allow for users with lower end GPUs play their game and then other options that bump up the framerate and graphics for higher end PCs. There are substantially more PC options than just the 2 for the Xbox. I don't understand it. Can't they just drastically downgrade the graphics to make it work on the Series S like they do on PC? I think this is a dev issue.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just Dance is also a game. It appeals to a different audience than either Zelda or Redfall. You're grasping for straws if you're trying to attach Zelda to Redfall. They're completely different and go after completely different audiences.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Just Dance is also a game. It appeals to a different audience than either Zelda or Redfall. You're grasping for straws if you're trying to attach Zelda to Redfall. They're completely different and go after completely different audiences.
You haven’t played redfall. I think you should wait until you do before you speak definitively on it :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You haven’t played redfall. I think you should wait until you do before you speak definitively on it :ehh:
You're saying I have to play Redfall to see it's nothing like Zelda? Modern FPS fans have different standards and demands than Zelda fans. Fans are upset because there's been an industry standard that these sorts of games have a fidelity mode and a performance mode. This game isn't launching with the performance mode. It's clearly launching in a work in progress state.

Microsoft needs to understand that while they're desperate to get titles out after having these droughts launching unfinished games is not a good idea. That sort of stuff kills hype. If the game wasn't ready they shouldn't have gave it the date they did.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not the same thing no matter how u slice it. And the first BOTW barely ran 30fps so Noone is expecting the 2nd one to run better. Switch been out since PS4 and Xbox One days. And wasn't even as powerful as them on launch.

If that's how you feel, but the truth of the matter 30 fps is 30 fps no matter what you are playing it on. So if you really can't deal with 30 fps games then you probably don't play games on the switch or own one at all.

I'm attaching 30 fps to 30 fps. You can sub in whatever game you want.

If you dont have a problem with 30 fps games then you shouldn't have a problem here. It's really that simple, you can say you don't like it, or prefer you FPS to be 60 but don't act like it's unplayable when you can sit down and enjoy other 30 fps single player games.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If that's how you feel, but the truth of the matter 30 fps is 30 fps no matter what you are playing it on. So if you really can't deal with 30 fps games then you probably don't play games on the switch or own one at all.

I'm attaching 30 fps to 30 fps. You can sub in whatever game you want.

If you dont have a problem with 30 fps games then you shouldn't have a problem here. It's really that simple, you can say you don't like it, or prefer you FPS to be 60 but don't act like it's unplayable when you can sit down and enjoy other 30 fps single player games.
Or people who play FPS games and don't care at all about Zelda can say for this whole generation we've had the option on consoles to choose our framerate at launch and be upset that this game is clearly launching with features missing.

Halo promised a couch co-op mode after launch. Where is that at? There is no guarantee this this game comes out and later that mode gets released. If they stop launching games before they're ready they don't have this problem.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're saying I have to play Redfall to see it's nothing like Zelda? Modern FPS fans have different standards and demands than Zelda fans. Fans are upset because there's been an industry standard that these sorts of games have a fidelity mode and a performance mode. This game isn't launching with the performance mode. It's clearly launching in a work in progress state.

Microsoft needs to understand that while they're desperate to get titles out after having these droughts launching unfinished games is not a good idea. That sort of stuff kills hype. If the game wasn't ready they shouldn't have gave it the date they did.

Being upset the game doesn't release with 60fps on console and making that known is fine, but saying it should be delayed is dumb. When its 60 on PC... and when so many people DO NOT care about Frame rates. It's not like its not coming for console, delaying the game seems silly when its good to go besides that.
60 FPS isn't a critical bug, nor is it critical for game play in any sense for a game like this.

All this over exaggerating about unfinished game xyz, save that for if the game is actually a buggy unfinished mess, but not because 60 fps isn't on console at release

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Or people who play FPS games and don't care at all about Zelda can say for this whole generation we've had the option on consoles to choose our framerate at launch and be upset that this game is clearly launching with features missing.

Halo promised a couch co-op mode after launch. Where is that at? There is no guarantee this this game comes out and later that mode gets released. If they stop launching games before they're ready they don't have this problem.
Then wait? If it doesn't come then you skip the game since 30fps is a deal breaker.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Being upset the game doesn't release with 60fps on console and make that known is fine, but saying it should be delayed is dumb. When its 60 on PC... and when so many people DO NOT care about Frame rates. It's not like its not coming for console, delaying the game seems silly when its good to go besides that.
60 FPS isn't a critical bug, nor is it critical for game play in any sense for a game like this.

All this over exaggerating about unfinished game xyz, save that for if the game is actually a buggy unfinished mess, but not because 60 fps is on console at release
If this was so unimportant why did they delay making this known until about a month from launch and why did they assure fans this 60 mode was coming?