Redfall looking like shyt outchea Update: COMING IN AT 30FPS LMAO

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

[Digital Foundry] Redfall's 60fps patch works - but this isn't the redemption story we were hoping for​

Both Series consoles receive quality and performance modes, targeting 30fps and 60fps respectively. Curiously, frame-rate apart, there's very little difference between the two options on Series X. All basic visual settings are more or less a match, including performance-sapping settings like shadow resolution, foliage density, and draw distance. They look remarkably similar at a glance.

The quality mode on both consoles now operates at a locked 30fps, with no frame-rate issues as far as I can tell. It's a big improvement from the launch release, which suffered from frame-time hiccups during open-world traversal

The performance modes actually manage to hit 60fps quite consistently. Most of the time, you're getting a flat 60fps readout, with no fluctuations at all. Traversal stutter does reappear, though in less pronounced form than on the launch release.

I played a fair amount of Redfall at launch and I do feel that the updated Xbox releases make for a substantially better game, as the basic gunplay is in a much better state at the higher frame-rate. Enemy AI seems to have been improved as well, and the game's analogue stick response is better by default. However, the mission design is still lackluster, and the world feels quite empty, even though the patch notes say the enemy density has been increased.