Redfall looking like shyt outchea Update: COMING IN AT 30FPS LMAO

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fanboys are going to fanboy but at the end of the day the bolded is what got some people hot. This is pretty much what happened with cyberpunk. Hopefully redfall drops without any of the issues…

Devs still haven’t learned their lesson about about hiding console gameplay footage from the audience still

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think the major issue is Arkane/Microsoft have been showcasing this game as 60fps. Also, the recent previews seem to be 60fps and most likely gave journalist the PC version of the game. It's a bad look for Microsoft to hide the performance of this game and tell people 3 weeks before release that it's 30fps. Also, Microsoft is the one that played the power game with Series X introduction and you have execs saying 60fps is the standard, so you're somewhat telling your install base this game is below standards.

I feel going forward Microsoft need to be up front if game is running on Series X or gaming PC because they pulled a pump fake with Redfall.
yup, they did it to themselves.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the major issue is Arkane/Microsoft have been showcasing this game as 60fps. Also, the recent previews seem to be 60fps and most likely gave journalist the PC version of the game. It's a bad look for Microsoft to hide the performance of this game and tell people 3 weeks before release that it's 30fps. Also, Microsoft is the one that played the power game with Series X introduction and you have execs saying 60fps is the standard, so you're somewhat telling your install base this game is below standards.

I feel going forward Microsoft need to be up front if game is running on Series X or gaming PC because they pulled a pump fake with Redfall.

Yeah, I think this is why I'm disappointed. It's a pretty nasty bit of sabotage, whether intention or not. The game was already fighting a bit of an uphill battle with what exactly the game is or plays like being somewhat ill defined for a long stretch. I'm still most likely going to play this, but it sucks to see them back their way into fukking up the first impression for some people.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, I think this is why I'm disappointed. It's a pretty nasty bit of sabotage, whether intention or not. The game was already fighting a bit of an uphill battle with what exactly the game is or plays like being somewhat ill defined for a long stretch. I'm still most likely going to play this, but it sucks to see them back their way into fukking up the first impression for some people.
Y’all pretending the game isn’t on PC.

Every game shows the best (pc) version in marketing.

You got a 3 week heads up. Ain’t like they just dropped the game and let people find out. You have more than enough time to make a decision on if you want to play day one or wait for a patch.

Other games release with a dusty “performance mode” and improve it over time.

I’m sure they could have a dusty 60fps mode in the game right now just to appease the internet rhetoric.

They chose to wait and be honest about the day one performance.

Should be a good thing that they were honest and still planning on getting the game to 60fps on consoles.

But in gaming Hype and narratives trump reality:francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all pretending the game isn’t on PC.

Every game shows the best (pc) version in marketing.

You got a 3 week heads up. Ain’t like they just dropped the game and let people find out. You have more than enough time to make a decision on if you want to play day one or wait for a patch.

Other games release with a dusty “performance mode” and improve it over time.

I’m sure they could have a dusty 60fps mode in the game right now just to appease the internet rhetoric.

They chose to wait and be honest about the day one performance.

Should be a good thing that they were honest and still planning on getting the game to 60fps on consoles.

But in gaming Hype and narratives trump reality:francis:

Only a true veteran of a stan brigade could take a post from someone saying they're still going to play the game, but are disappointed that stuff is getting out that may turn people away from it initially as a slight.

Like damn, nikka, ain't it too early to be dikk riding like this? :picard:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Only a true veteran of a stan brigade could take a post from someone saying they're still going to play the game, but are disappointed that stuff is getting out that may turn people away from it initially as a slight.

Like damn, nikka, ain't it too early to be dikk riding like this? :picard:
I didn’t say anything about a “slight”

I just talked about the situation with the game. And how this news is being treated in comparison to other games.