Redfall looking like shyt outchea Update: COMING IN AT 30FPS LMAO

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
This gen 60fps modes have just flat out looked worse. They’re missing ray tracing, have huge cuts in resolution. Many even run at 1080p.

And these are mostly cross gen titles. Wait till Matrix quality visuals start becoming the norm.

you're going to see 60 fps go back to being a PC only thing.

And I can’t wait. Because it means games will start looking better

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
30fps on a first person shooter on the supposed most powerful console is indefensible. I like Arkane, but this is crazy.

All their other games are easy to run maxed out on pc with even lower-tiered GPUs. I hope the same is true for this game. I don’t even like to play games below 120fps. I’ll do 60, but if it is TLOU 1 pc like performance, I’m gonna be mad.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I’ll do 60, but if it is TLOU 1 pc like performance, I’m gonna be mad.
when I was experimenting with Cyberpunk's Overdrive mode last night, I was noticing it was pretty smooth at ~40fps. but TLOU is a stuttery mess, even though it runs at a higher framerate for me

I guess it all come's down to frame times being consistent

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Standards have changed since last gen, people don’t wanna play choppy 30fps games anymore

Again, Redfall is Microsofts first current gen-only game, people expected more, because they set those expectations early. There hasn’t been one game that came out in the past year at only 30fps that didn’t get shyt for it so im not sure why yall think the internet is picking on Redfall

this is a first party game, they don’t need to rush it out. Especially when Star Wars and zelda are coming out right next to it. They are launching it to die

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

And the example is Miles Morales that has like 5 different performance/graphic modes? :dahell:

Also, a funny tidbit in the article

This, of course, is very different from the Xbox Series X, which has Microsoft talking about a 60 fps standard

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They're launching this game missing industry standard features. It's clearly coming in hot.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I dont even understand the point of caping for only having one option. Whats the point? Just to defend Microsoft/Bethesda/Arkane?

Everyone expected 60fps for this game, and from what I’ve seen usually when a game is badly optimized on console it ends up being badly optimized on pc.

If this keeps happening with first party studios im just going to assume its because of the series s :yeshrug:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I dont even understand the point of caping for only having one option. Whats the point? Just to defend Microsoft/Bethesda/Arkane?

Everyone expected 60fps for this game, and from what I’ve seen usually when a game is badly optimized on console it ends up being badly optimized on pc.

If this keeps happening with first party studios im just going to assume its because of the series s :yeshrug:
"we'll fix it after launch" definitely begs the question of why they don't they just fix it now, and if it's even fixable

it really depends what the underlying issue really is. GPU bottlenecks are usually easy to overcome by lower the resolution and various effects. issues with CPU usage, and memory usage and bandwidth, can be harder to fix

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And the example is Miles Morales that has like 5 different performance/graphic modes? :dahell:

The point was a certain group of folks always have a "exception"

You haven't seen anyone capping or saying it's ok, but it's not like it isn't coming or just missing and no one knows why.

Last 3 week y'all was crying because a unannounced PS version got cut, then then game play didn't look good, now people without a Xbox to even play it 30fps are saying it's "because MS" that it's not ready.

All over the place

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last 3 week y'all was crying because a unannounced PS version got cut, then then game play didn't look good, now people without a Xbox to even play it 30fps are saying it's "because MS" that it's not ready.

And the developers were also saying…

He does believe this move was not serious and was a good decision as it means one less platform to have to support.
It's not very serious, it's even a good decision I think," he said. "[It helps to] support Game Pass and have one less platform to worry about, one less complexity."

So, they specifically say that not having to make a PS5 version free’s up resources for them to focus on developing for xbox/pc, yet they are launching without standard features, like a performance mode. Make that make sense.

Yoshi-P said the same thing about Final Fantasty XVI, which is why a PC version isn’t dropping immediately after the 6 month period. It’s optimized specifically for the PS5 which is why it had performance and fidelity modes while still looking really good.

Thats what you should expect with console exclusivity

In the end, i 100% believe its a problem with the Series S and its going to continue being a problem.

Maclure, who worked on last year’s Xbox Series X/S and PC game I Am Fish at Bossa, which also develops and publishes the Surgeon Simulator series, responded: “It might sound broken, but the reason you are hearing it a lot right now is because MANY developers have been sitting in meetings for the past year desperately trying to get Series S launch requirements dropped.

Studios have been through one development cycle where Series S turned out to be an albatross around the neck of production, and now that games are firmly being developed with new consoles in mind, teams do not want to repeat the process,” added Maclure, whose tweets were publicly available earlier today but have since been protected so that only approved followers can see them.

In a series of since-deleted tweets last week, which were initially sparked by the news that Gotham Knights won’t have performance options on consoles and runs at 30 FPS, Rocksteady senior character technical artist Lee Devonald also claimed that trade-offs need to be made because of Xbox Series S.

I wish gamers understood what 60fps means, in terms of all of the things they *lose* to make the game run that fast,” he said (via Gamerant). “Especially taking into account that we have a current-gen console that’s not much better than a last gen one.”

Not too different from the article you sent, the only difference is that the series is whats gonna kneecap the development this generation

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think the major issue is Arkane/Microsoft have been showcasing this game as 60fps. Also, the recent previews seem to be 60fps and most likely gave journalist the PC version of the game. It's a bad look for Microsoft to hide the performance of this game and tell people 3 weeks before release that it's 30fps. Also, Microsoft is the one that played the power game with Series X introduction and you have execs saying 60fps is the standard, so you're somewhat telling your install base this game is below standards.

I feel going forward Microsoft need to be up front if game is running on Series X or gaming PC because they pulled a pump fake with Redfall.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
"we'll fix it after launch" definitely begs the question of why they don't they just fix it now, and if it's even fixable

it really depends what the underlying issue really is. GPU bottlenecks are usually easy to overcome by lower the resolution and various effects. issues with CPU usage, and memory usage and bandwidth, can be harder to fix
Because the gsme doesn't look good in performance mode.

I've been telling y'all this game is going to let a lot of folks down outside ethe Arkane diehards.:why:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Because the gsme doesn't look good in performance mode.
is that why we've been seeing inconsistencies in fidelity in some of these previews?

if it just "doesn't look good in performance mode" they should probably still release with that mode and "fix it later"

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I think the major issue is Arkane/Microsoft have been showcasing this game as 60fps. Also, the recent previews seem to be 60fps and most likely gave journalist the PC version of the game. It's a bad look for Microsoft to hide the performance of this game and tell people 3 weeks before release that it's 30fps. Also, Microsoft is the one that played the power game with Series X introduction and you have execs saying 60fps is the standard, so you're somewhat telling your install base this game is below standards.

I feel going forward Microsoft need to be up front if game is running on Series X or gaming PC because they pulled a pump fake with Redfall.
Fanboys are going to fanboy but at the end of the day the bolded is what got some people hot. This is pretty much what happened with cyberpunk. Hopefully redfall drops without any of the issues…