Red Dead Redemption 2 is quite possibly the most boring game I've ever played

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Controls weren’t that much an issue for me but ok.

Threadstarter said the game was boring though :francis:

Maybe not for you, but the big complaint about this game since it came out is that the controls are ass. People been saying that since this shyt dropped.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Maybe not for you, but the big complaint about this game since it came out is that the controls are ass. People been saying that since this shyt dropped.
The controls were not that bad I’m sorry :mjlol:

Not to the point that it ruined an incredible experience playing that game..

Cmon man

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There are games I can justify spending weeks obsessing over. But when a majority of your playtime revolves around walking slowly, or looting slowly, or riding a horse cross-country that gets tired every 5 seconds or throws you off if you run over a shrub on the ground, ain't justifiable.

Edit: All of the above also require you to tap X furiously
got on the game went and got the fastest horse in the game stacked on treasure loot and bought the fast travel joints and teleported everywhere unless i wanted to explore.

shyt wasn't that strenuous at all.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
You game nerds always talking about specs, frame rates and shyt :mjlol:

Just enjoy the damn game and quit worrying about all that shyt. The game is fun.

Always trying to sound above everyone talking about all that stupid technical shyt.

Last edited:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
TBH those first 2/3 hours were boring af and felt like a chore but you literally haven't even played the game lol. Getting to Horseshoe Overlook means you've only just finished the prologue/tutorial. Haven't unlocked guns, new gameplay, new locations, extra characters, haven't experienced any of the open world fukkery.

So many people missed out on a good game because they have the attention span of an 8 year old. If they're not flying through the air and shooting people up immediately after loading in then they call it boring and quit.

Judge a 40+ hour game on the first 2 hours, brehs.

/thread

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Game is too demanding for consoles, plus Rock Star controls are always terrible

Prime example how frame rate drastic improves games when I first got a gaming PC first comparison I made was mass effect andromeda compared the PS4 PRO version, and it was like a whole new game, the frame rate and high response time made the combat enjoyable and playing the game a lot less tedious

Even at 60fps the game is still choppy and stiff, Rockstar games have terrible animations, you need DLSS on PC just to make the game enjoyable

I enjoyed it somewhat but I agree. Gameplay was slow and boring.

Story dragged on too long.

It was amazing as a production as far as all the level of detail, voice acting, graphics, level design, etc. and that’s what kept me going to finish it.

As a game, shyt was boring and I was just waiting for it to end.

You probably just lack the attention span of functioning adults.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
No the gameplay is old slow and boring.

They put all their energy into building the world and the story.

You do realize your answer is contradictory... You saying "it's slow" before saying "it's boring" would be an example of a shorten attention span...esp. when the majority of gamers enjoyed the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You do realize your answer is contradictory... You saying "it's slow" before saying "it's boring" would be an example of a shorten attention span...esp. when the majority of gamers enjoyed the game.
No it’s literally slow. Laggy controls, slow movement, slow ass unnecessary animations, And then they have tons of forced slow walking sequences both on foot and on the damn horse. Got nothing to do with attention span the shyt is slow.

It’s boring because it’s the same old gameplay from every rockstar game since 2002

And lots of “gamers” felt that way, hence the existence of this thread and lots of people agreeing even if they liked the game