Red Dead Redemption 2 is quite possibly the most boring game I've ever played

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I remember back in high school. GTA IV had just came out. I was enjoying the game even though the controls were (in hindsight) bad. But I remember talking to my social studies teacher about the game and he told me that he traded the game in. I asked him why and he said the controls are really bad and the game isn't fun to play. I didn't get it then, but I get it now. At a certain age you just want a game to be a game; not a chore. RDR2 is just a chore to play and GTA V is to me now as well to a much lesser extent.

Rockstar really need to get their controls and movement under control. The shyt reminds me of NBA 2K with it's animations. The animations take priority over player control and it just makes the game not fun. I enjoyed the hell out of RDR1, but RDR2 just ain't it for me.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I tell myself all the time about how I should go play it again, I just can't

If I ever do I'm using hacks galore to make it faster and fun

I think the last mission I did...a year and some change ago was rescuing somebody from the po po

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
TBH those first 2/3 hours were boring af and felt like a chore but you literally haven't even played the game lol. Getting to Horseshoe Overlook means you've only just finished the prologue/tutorial. Haven't unlocked guns, new gameplay, new locations, extra characters, haven't experienced any of the open world fukkery.

So many people missed out on a good game because they have the attention span of an 8 year old. If they're not flying through the air and shooting people up immediately after loading in then they call it boring and quit.

Judge a 40+ hour game on the first 2 hours, brehs.

This what happened to me the first time, got to Horseshoe Overlook and stopped playing, picked it up again like 8 months later and ran thru the story pretty quickly, it was one of my favorite games ever after the first few hours

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Played this shyt once last year, started a second playthrough yesterday, just got to Horseshoe Overlook and uninstalled the game. Y'all dudes who put this game on a pedestal because of nostalgia goggles or because it played better on Xbox One X than the PS4 Pro or whatever bizarre reason y'all have for stanning this game need to get R* 's dizzack out of your mouths and just admit this game is tedious as fukk

/ end rant

Yeah, shyt is quite boring.:mjlol:

One of those games i will never ever replay. I honestly just hate the way the game feels.

One of the things i hold in high regard with open world/action games is movement and traversal.

Bunch of adhd cod cacs in this thread huh

This is the video game equivalent of people who 'don't like black and white movies'.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of them really offer the mayhem anymore and that why rockstar fell off imo.

They are too concerned with making movie games instead of making fun games :smh:
I felt like playing through this again a good few months back, but didn’t wanna go through the grind of unlocking all of the cool shyt again, so put in a few cheats at the very start to have more of a “fun” playthrough…all guns, infinite ammo & deadeye, max honor ect..and I understand locking trophies with cheats ect..

But they literally lock your save file from being saved on again as soon as you activate cheats, like wtf would that be a thing :mindblown:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I felt like playing through this again a good few months back, but didn’t wanna go through the grind of unlocking all of the cool shyt again, so put in a few cheats at the very start to have more of a “fun” playthrough…all guns, infinite ammo & deadeye, max honor ect..and I understand locking trophies with cheats ect..

But they literally lock your save file from being saved on again as soon as you activate cheats, like wtf would that be a thing :mindblown:
Rockstar is WOAT

But I did the same thing and played the game from start to finish keeping my game suspended by putting my PS4 in rest mode :lolbron:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Played this shyt once last year, started a second playthrough yesterday, just got to Horseshoe Overlook and uninstalled the game. Y'all dudes who put this game on a pedestal because of nostalgia goggles or because it played better on Xbox One X than the PS4 Pro or whatever bizarre reason y'all have for stanning this game need to get R* 's dizzack out of your mouths and just admit this game is tedious as fukk

/ end rant
Facts. Game is boring as hell. The white boys love it though

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The first one was GOAT, I'm still looking to buy a LarryBox to replay it since I sold my PS3. The second game was a slog tho :smh:
First one was much better as it was an actual game. The second one tried to be a fake cowboy western movie that was overly dramatic and drawn out. No one is trying to get emotionally attached to these cacs, let’s get to the gunplay.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
First one was much better as it was an actual game. The second one tried to be a fake cowboy western movie that was overly dramatic and drawn out. No one is trying to get emotionally attached to these cacs, let’s get to the gunplay.
You a funny nikka yo for real :mjlol:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
The controls were not that bad I’m sorry :mjlol:

Not to the point that it ruined an incredible experience playing that game..

Cmon man

I enjoy the game but it could definitely use some quality of life upgrades.

They weren't enough to take me out the game though, but I do think its a fair knock against the game. Looting 30 bodies after a gunfight is tedious as hell.