Recently got fired at work. Any advice?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's why you were fired.

I never understood why some companies hire black people if they don't want us there

But they looking for obedient c00n type dudes that they can take advantage of. That's why they got rid of you

Over time you will start to be able to recognize red flags

The most common one is that they say that you are "slow" or that you need to pick up the pace, no matter how fast you actually work. Or they will be nitpicking your work even though your work is good
bolded happened to me

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That's why you were fired.

I never understood why some companies hire black people if they don't want us there

But they looking for obedient c00n type dudes that they can take advantage of. That's why they got rid of you

Over time you will start to be able to recognize red flags

The most common one is that they say that you are "slow" or that you need to pick up the pace, no matter how fast you actually work. Or they will be nitpicking your work even though your work is good

Plenty of mostly tethers came in here and told this man to be obedient and let most transgressions slide.

Of course you don't want to risk your job for any perceived racial slight but if they are biased they will find a way to get rid of you anyway.

No amount of soft shoeing will save you.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I started putting the notice out there that I will be fired next week by my manager as part of the PIP process. Fụck her and fụck this job and that condescending ass bıtch. This bıtch don't even know my job and wants to dictate my performance solely on her prejudices as a jamaican woman towards the only black dude while she cọons it up with the big bosses. :coffee:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
I started putting the notice out there that I will be fired next week by my manager as part of the PIP process. Fụck her and fụck this job and that condescending ass bıtch. This bıtch don't even know my job and wants to dictate my performance solely on her prejudices as a jamaican woman towards the only black dude while she cọons it up with the big bosses. :coffee:
mine was a white bytch and i actually taught her everything she knows when she moved laterally to my boss then took all my work. she would smile in my face the whole time before that classic hr meeting happened. she never even wanted me in that office in the first place. i hope she dies a painful death

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word. Money aint an issue. The severance is 6 figures before tax...and I have about 200K saved with no debt.
Plus employment insurance should be able to cover my rent once the severance period ends

That being said I dont wanna eat into my savings in any kinda way

You'll be ok