Recently got fired at work. Any advice?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is what I was trying to explain to @DJSmooth Its not like how it used to be. The market is TOUGH as hell.

And gahdamn at how hard they taxing that shyt :smh:

But yeah in that case, I'd definitely say get to applying. Definitely don't want to be waiting until Oct-Dec when companies stop hiring annually on top of how tough shyt just already is.
Yea in canada we get taxed like crazy but i may get a decent chunk of it back come tax season. It may be more like 80k after tax honestly

- I got my eyes peeled on linkedin
- Been connecting with recruiters here and there
- Been trying to network with some ppl in the US but its moving slowly

Just doing the best I can but it wont be quick and easy

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
@Silkk
@DJSmooth

No need to argue brehs
A lot of ppl have said to take a vacation but a month would be too much - i get somewhat home sick after two weeks max.

Most i would do is a one or two week vacation somewhere but i dont know if i would fully enjoy it given the circumstances. Im considering it

:manny: I'm out.

Keep your head up. It's probably more of an ego bruise than anything. Don't let them other races make your feel like you aren't competent when it's usually the opposite, we are such more more gifted than them once we reach a certain level.

You do anything once. You can do it twice. Keep an abundance mindset. What's for you is. Is for you.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
A nice 1 month vacation to like Belize is only going to set you back $5k at worst and will give you plenty of time to chase tail and get your mind right for your next move. Strongly suggest getting a way for a good period of time.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Been there before breh take a weekend to feel whatever it is you're feeling, take a vacation, then get back to it

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Find a side hustle, enjoy the "time off" and apply rigorously to the jobs that fit your mold.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
My advice for you is to apply for a security gig… they stay hiring and it’s even better if u have your license.

That guard card will always help you find a job within that field. It helped me a lot.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
My advice for you is to apply for a security gig… they stay hiring and it’s even better if u have your license

That guard card will always help you find a job within that field. It helped me a lot. If u have your DL, u can

its a long story man. I honestly dont really know. They would say performance and I dont wanna make excuses but I feel like thats a cop out cause on my team I did arguably the most work last year and it was quality work. From a performance standpoint I mightve made some clerical errors but nothing crazy enough. My performance manager thought I deserved a normal performance rating but was overruled by the head of the team I barely work with and I was given the lowest tier rating. I barely even work with the head cause he was based in the UK.

Long story short though i fukked up in two ways

1) I called out somebody on my team for certain biases inhow they recruit or view certain job candidates.
2) I let it slip out during a meeting with the head of the team that i feel like I cant be myself at work (i was the only black person out of ~100 ppl).

Seems like a target was put on me as a result

Those cacs were threatened by your stance…

At least u didn’t kow tow to them.

Those folks will cover for each other.

Did u have any allies there??

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
(i was the only black person out of ~100 ppl).
That's why you were fired.

I never understood why some companies hire black people if they don't want us there

But they looking for obedient c00n type dudes that they can take advantage of. That's why they got rid of you

Over time you will start to be able to recognize red flags

The most common one is that they say that you are "slow" or that you need to pick up the pace, no matter how fast you actually work. Or they will be nitpicking your work even though your work is good

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps
Lotta good advice in here; I’m sure you’ll make the most of it.

If you’re not doing so already, start allotting 5 minutes of your day to contemplating death and preparing for it since it’s the one thing that’s guaranteed.

That’s all I wanted to add to this thread. Best of luck!

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
That's why you were fired.

I never understood why some companies hire black people if they don't want us there

But they looking for obedient c00n type dudes that they can take advantage of. That's why they got rid of you

Over time you will start to be able to recognize red flags

The most common one is that they say that you are "slow" or that you need to pick up the pace, no matter how fast you actually work. Or they will be nitpicking your work even though your work is good
Yea, this is me in a nutshell. I was told when I was initially hired that the job was stable and it's hard to get fired....

Now I'm being harassed while the other BAs that have been there for nearly a decade be fụcking up worse.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
its a long story man. I honestly dont really know. They would say performance and I dont wanna make excuses but I feel like thats a cop out cause on my team I did arguably the most work last year and it was quality work. From a performance standpoint I mightve made some clerical errors but nothing crazy enough. My performance manager thought I deserved a normal performance rating but was overruled by the head of the team I barely work with and I was given the lowest tier rating. I barely even work with the head cause he was based in the UK.

Long story short though i fukked up in two ways

1) I called out somebody on my team for certain biases inhow they recruit or view certain job candidates.
2) I let it slip out during a meeting with the head of the team that i feel like I cant be myself at work (i was the only black person out of ~100 ppl).

Seems like a target was put on me as a result

Come on my niqqa. Change the thread title to you turning in Martin Layoff King at your white job.