How do people typically get fired at work

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
So you were spying?

Hmmm where do you work?
Shut up bytch ass nikka

At my job, this is normal as fukk. They want to embarrass the person.

At my job, the section manager, team lead, and security guard walk you out for all to see. You will never get fired from home. They make you come in like everything is cool
No cap, I'd rather you call me and tell me I'm fired than to come to work in the morning thinking everything is cool and you fire me.

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
It’s essentially impossible to get fired from my job since the turnover rate is so high. The constant travel and stressful work wears people out quick. The only time we fired anyone in the 7 years I’ve been there was during Covid. And that was really just to get rid of the scrubs.

I got caught in an VERY uncompromising position with a client while I was on a work trip and my boss just shrugged his shoulders and told me I couldn’t do projects for that company anymore.

Now when I used to work at the call center…. People were getting fired every week seemed like.

egsteel

All Star
Daps
This is number one with a bullet. Showing up to work speaks volumes to employers. You could even be a little trash at your job and if your attendance is good in their eyes they will let a lot of shyt slide. Don't let you have a schedule nobody else wants and you show up religiously. You'll damn near have to strangle somebody in the break room to get canned. :mjlol:
That's why I advocate for night and hospital jobs. Only time they fire you is when your attendance, or lack thereof, gets out of hand. Even then they'll wait til they have someone to replace you.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
This is number one with a bullet. Showing up to work speaks volumes to employers. You could even be a little trash at your job and if your attendance is good in their eyes they will let a lot of shyt slide. Don't let you have a schedule nobody else wants and you show up religiously. You'll damn near have to strangle somebody in the break room to get canned. :mjlol:
:blessed::blessed::blessed:

Secret sauce!​

Timbs

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Got fired after coming in on my day off, they told me security snitched. I said very calmly "I hope he got his $50" and was asked if that was a threat. I said no but they transferred the security guy to another location for precaution :troll:

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
That's why I advocate for night and hospital jobs. Only time they fire you is when your attendance, or lack thereof, gets out of hand. Even then they'll wait til they have someone to replace you.

Crazy how I work security at a hospital now…

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Got fired after coming in on my day off, they told me security snitched. I said very calmly "I hope he got his $50" and was asked if that was a threat. I said no but they transferred the security guy to another location for precaution :troll:

Why da fucc they gonna get mad about you working on your day off???

They should be happy that you’re helping

Why he had to rat on you though

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Has to be attendance. One of my coworkers got let go due to attendance a few months back. I’m even on thin ice with my attendance, legit can’t be late again the rest of the year or I’ll get a write up :lupe:

I’ve never had a write up for attendance but I’ve also never worked a job that cared so much :pachaha:

Timbs

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Why da fucc they gonna get mad about you working on your day off???

They should be happy that you’re helping

Why he had to rat on you though
They lowballed people who snitched and I was rolling up in the restroom

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
One of my first jobs was in a warehouse and a couple of nikkas got fired for stealing sodas out the vending machine. It was really one dude but he starting hyping up others to do it too. They had the manager come walk the whole building and remind everybody everything you do is on camera
:mjlol:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I used to work in the music industry at a prominent record label.

I KNEW I was getting fired because the entire week my boss gave me no assignments so I basically had no work the entire week and then she scheduled a meeting with me on Thursday at 5 pm when we get off at 6 pm. I literally would show up to work and she would take assignments off my plate and tell me to forward her for every email I sent. I sat around the entire week from Monday through Thursday doing NOTHING just sitting at my desk trying to find shyt to do.

I had been asking this lady for a meeting for nearly 2 months because I was painfully unhappy and was actually planning on resigning. I had a whole resignation note written up and just wanted to meet with her to talk and see if anything could be fixed before I handed it over. She would tell me she had no time to meet with me even though we sat right next to each other all day in an open floor plan office. I was fed up with this woman and honestly I hated her to the point where I seriously wished ill on her. I worked in marketing which was super subjective and for whatever reason anything I did, she hated. This woman was a light skinned black girl from Long Island who was married and had kids to some asian man and was she was obsessed with Asaian Culture. Meanwhile I'm a nukka from Philly who lived and breathed hip hop culture. Everytime other people at the label saw the stuff I did, they loved it but my boss was always hating on me. Some really prominent people loved my ideas but she didn't. She hired me but ultimately she didn't understand my ideas and couldn't just get out of the way for me to achieve greatness. She felt the need to micromanage everything so nothing really dope got done.

Anyways, I was supposed to go to some nightclub and manage something on a Firday and I just decided I didn't want to do it and just went home to Philly. It simply made no sense to fight for a boss who never likes anything I do anyways. I mentally quit on her in the same way that a pro athlete quits on their coach. I wasn't going to go out of my way to do anything and I basically mailed it in knowing even when I give my all, it's not enough anyways.

The next week I had no assignments and when Thursday at 4 pm came I said her straight up, you're firing me right?

She was like, why would you think that? I said, it's obvious. We get into the meeting with HR and she says, you're right, today is your last day at [redacted] and she called me a misfit. I had already packed all my stuff up and was prepared to be fired so I didn't need to go back to my desk to get anything. It was funny to me because while I was being fired, someone else on my team was asking me to teach them how to edit a video which confirmed that I had the skillset to do a great job, make an impact and do incredible things but my boss was a dikkhead hating ass bytch who was unqualified to lead anyone let alone work at a hip hop label. I remember, texting my colleague back like yeah dog, I'm getting fired bruh and he was stunned because he knew how talented I was.

They did allow me to say goodbye to everyone but I was truly over it anyways. Honestly she did me a favor because since they fired me, I got unemployment + a severance, where as I wouldn't have gotten any of that had I quit like I planned on doing. That was probably the best thing that ever happened to me because it forced me to finally have the guts to leave the music industry, which I was fed up with and chase my current dreams which took me further than music ever did.

Last edited: