Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What I saw
  • Space Ships, electric doors vs using Deer Horses to pull a plow
    • (explained in the movie though! They want to be closer to the land)
  • Random Medieval Music
  • The Hans Landa Scene from Inglorious Basterds - telegraphed so hard, but lacking the tension.
  • The Plot of Seven Samurai - sure it's a classic, I'm sure Snyder will put his own spin on it
  • PG Injuries from "plasma bullets" and "light saber" burns
  • The Team Up sequence of Suicide Squad - 2 seconds of pleading, sure I'll joint. And complete with Asian Sword Lady
  • Speaking of Light Saber? No Light Katana? No..something
    • cuts through anything, waits until end of fight to use the most effective weapon
  • The Bar from every Star Wars ever
  • Bacta Tank Action - not clear if Japanese Tentacle Action
  • Some John Woo slides
  • Trademark Snyder Slo-Mo
  • To be clear - the fight scenes were a level above Boba Fett the series, I don't like those either.
The characters
  • John Carter/Tarzan? + the Avatar scene? Really?
  • Incel Farmer offering up War Chica to the big bad hunter...why? It's clear he likes her...was this to set up his manning up at the end of the film?
  • Charlie Hunnam heel turn - predictable (which is fine, it was telegraphed pretty hard)
    • I guess they had some LOTR Orc masks lying around.
  • Digimon Honsu and Brother from the Matrix - who was gonna lead the troops into battle?
  • Furiosa Rebel - she got screen time because?
  • The most evilest Space Nazi ever
This was gonna be the year that I stopped being a pirate. This was gonna be the film...

Naw, I'm good.

And of course I'm watching the 2nd movie. I WATCHED ALL OF SHE-HULK AND MS MARVEL. I love punishment.
If he releases an extended Snyder cut, giving all the characters more room to breath, I'll watch that.

This just didn't really knock it out of the park for me.

I guess I'm gonna pull up Denzel's Magnificent Seven and rewatch that.
They didn't even explain why space ninja joined...she just killed the spider boss from Diablo 3 and was on board.

Me and my dad literally laughed when they walked into NOT Star Wars Cantina. And then we realized their guns can shoot clean thru humans and leave no blood, and yet can't shoot thru WOOD :dahell:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What I saw
  • Random Medieval Music
  • The Hans Landa Scene from Inglorious Basterds - telegraphed so hard, but lacking the tension.
  • The Plot of Seven Samurai - sure it's a classic, I'm sure Snyder will put his own spin on it
  • The Team Up sequence of Suicide Squad - 2 seconds of pleading, sure I'll joint. And complete with Asian Sword Lady
    • cuts through anything, waits until end of fight to use the most effective weapon
  • Some John Woo slides
  • To be clear - the fight scenes were a level above Boba Fett the series, I don't like those either.
The characters
  • Incel Farmer offering up War Chica to the big bad hunter...why? It's clear he likes her...was this to set up his manning up at the end of the film?
  • Charlie Hunnam heel turn - predictable (which is fine, it was telegraphed pretty hard)
  • Digimon Honsu and Brother from the Matrix - who was gonna lead the troops into battle?
This was gonna be the year that I stopped being a pirate. This was gonna be the film...

Naw, I'm good.

And of course I'm watching the 2nd movie. I WATCHED ALL OF SHE-HULK AND MS MARVEL. I love punishment.
If he releases an extended Snyder cut, giving all the characters more room to breath, I'll watch that.

YEA I PICKED UP ON
THE INGLORIOUS BASTERDS RIP OFF IMMEDIATELY.

:devil:
:evil:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
And then we realized their guns can shoot clean thru humans and leave no blood, and yet can't shoot thru WOOD
Like are they firing machine guns or plasma pistols or lasers? And why are the hand pieces looking like Judge Dredd leftovers?

They need to hire a few geeks to just do a once over on this stuff.

But then they'd have to satisfying way to handle man versus woman combat.

Chicks should kick more balls and gouge more eyes. Bullet Train did it well with the female assassin using poison. Like real life, girls should never fight fair.

And they're setting up a battle between a rural village versus an aircraft carrier and amphibious landing vehicles. But they're not trying to pull a Vietnam...

If the writing was stronger, the acting better, the story more compelling, I'd forgive all the nerd points. But it's not.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

This fukkin guy
It’s not an "extended cut" of this movie. It’s almost like a different movie. It’s almost a different universe that [the R-rated cut] lives in than this movie. The reason for that is because it’s such a philosophical thing to shoot a director’s cut of a movie before you finish this version. All of my director’s cuts existed as a response to the things that were demanded of me to take out of the theatrical version, right? With [Rebel Moon], that demand was never really made.

We knew it would be a PG-13 movie. In my heart of hearts, I’d always wanted it to be rated R, but you realize this sort of scale and cost of a movie like this, "Well, it’s not 100% responsible to have that be the demand." [They were] like, "What if we said do whatever you want over here? Do the PG-13 version and then go nuts [with the other cut]. We don’t care." That was a thing I’ve never experienced before. [It will be a] really crazy experience for fans, because it’s the fully realized weirdo, heavy metal, bizzaro-land movie.
He directed, produced, and wrote the screenplay for this piece of trash and yet ALREADY announced a 3 hour director cut :dead:. Sorry, but blood wouldn't have saved this.

Maybe that will be in 4:3 as well :hhh:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
How the fukk write this shyt and not have one fukking orginal idea.

One of the WOAT villains that I witnessed in cinema in a long ass time. Borderline cartoon character. If you're going to rip off Raiders of the Lost Ark and Inglorious b*stards. I didn't know... Make your villain compelling.

taker597

Superstar
Daps

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Wtf... this movie had the same budget as DUNE (2021)

How is that possible :mindblown: it's like you told me that a Toyota Yaris cost the same as a Rolls Royce wraith. What did they spend the money on and be so short of Dune which has a higher profile cast, infinitely better visuals and bigger set pieces?

Hollywood accounting and Zack Synder production scope of needing to film 8 hours of garbage.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Zack has to be stopped. :wow:

There are times when the director’s cut of a movie is hailed as the superior film by the consensus. Kingdom of Heaven by Ridley Scott is an example I can think of offhand, but for a director to need 3/4 hours every go ‘round to curate their vision is diabolical. How the fukk you need a director’s cut for a movie you had complete creative control over :dahell:?

taker597

Superstar
Daps

There are times when the director’s cut of a movie is hailed as the superior film by the consensus. Kingdom of Heaven by Ridley Scott is an example I can think of offhand, but for a director to need 3/4 hours every go ‘round to curate their vision is diabolical. How the fukk you need a director’s cut for a movie you had complete creative control over :dahell:?
Homie was like... "How people make a 2 hour movie anymore?"

And why would character development be cut from the theatrical cut?

People are gonna be massively disappointed when his director cut is somehow worse, because it just be more nonsense dribble.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
What I saw
  • Random Medieval Music
  • Some John Woo slides
The characters

Naw, I'm good.

:russ: Snyder done got my viewing time with every release. Sat through the 4-hour Snyder Cut Justice League, then bought the 4K blu-ray version.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
:russ: Snyder done got my viewing time with every release. Sat through the 4-hour Snyder Cut Justice League, then bought the 4K blu-ray version.
I enjoyed the snyder 4 hr JL movie in one sitting...but this....I struggled in the 2 hours and howevermany minutes. I stopped and started many times

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

This fukkin guy

He directed, produced, and wrote the screenplay for this piece of trash and yet ALREADY announced a 3 hour director cut :dead:. Sorry, but blood wouldn't have saved this.

Maybe that will be in 4:3 as well :hhh:

I used to just think it was a WB/DC thing with all the Director’s Cut, Ultimate Edition, Snyder Cut, this is 2 movies cut to 1, this is really part 1 of 2, etc. etc.

But now it’s wait for the prequel, this is part 1 of 2, making a director’s cut of a director’s cut

Someone please convince him to switch to directing music videos and video game trailers