Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Ot was just basic and sloppy motivation

I think thats what made me dislike it more than anything.

Like they went looking all over the universe for warriors to fight these dudes over some random villages food? Supposedly great warriors too.. like what motivation would they have to literally go one a suicide mission?

Rogue One did it better
Just blows my mind that Zack has been cultivating this story for almost 20 years and it's this terrible and juvenile.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just blows my mind that Zack has been cultivating this story for almost 20 years and it's this terrible and juvenile.
I got to see the “Directors cut”

And no way this got a PG-13 rating when they tried to make the farmer dude a bytch, get sexually assaulted on camera and had to be saved by a chick

bnew

Veteran
Daps
didn't know anything about this, just saw sci-fi and hit play. i liked it though, it could have been longer.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Didn’t over do the slo mo?
:pachaha:
I feel like it was way too much. Now I have to see what movie he does over do it so I can hate watch.
:heh:
Watching it now. About to see the final battle. It’s a mid movie. Should have read the reviews instead of going in open minded. Could have been cleaning the house these last two hours.
:stopitslime:
Well, yea in hindsight he definitely over did the slowmo. Rewatched with my cousin yesterday…guess i wasnt paying attention to things like “slo mo grain” :russ:

Anyways…yea this aint it. And you killed the hype for the r rated cut cause im definitely bot interested at this point. Put out the (allegedly) good version, first

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
The dialog and acting are so horrific I’m not sure I can make it through this, I don’t even think the visuals have been impressive at all this far

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is shockingly generic. Like, it doesn't suck ASS, but the entire movie felt like rehashed. There wasn't anything new or original whatsoever.

1. Snyder thought of 3 or 4 really COOL action scenes and wrote the entire screenplay around them. Everything seemed like just a preamble to another Snyder slow motion action scene.
  2. NOTHING, not one idea was original in this movie. Everything seemed so derivative...from space nazis, to old houses fueding, I mean, how much was ripped off from the most recent dune? From star wars? From LOTR? This was so old yet brand new. Smfh. I'm SHOCKED there wasn't a Macguffin they had to chase to win the final battle but that's probably part 2.
  3. This should've been a TV show, and the "PART ONE" and world building movie would've been a good season 1 instead. I'm fukking tired of incomplete stories.
  4. The accents. Why...the fukk...does everyone have a European accent? Another intergalactic space odyssey with everyone being Irish scottish, English, or (in the case of fake gal gadot, the star protagonist), Israeli with the accents. fukkin terrible and overacted forced accents.
D+. There are SOME decent visuals which made me almost say C-, which again, Dune did better, but everything else is a fail.
The more I think about it, the more I resolve that yes...this was ASS