Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Wtf... this movie had the same budget as DUNE (2021)

How is that possible :mindblown: it's like you told me that a Toyota Yaris cost the same as a Rolls Royce wraith. What did they spend the money on and be so short of Dune which has a higher profile cast, infinitely better visuals and bigger set pieces?
There’s a saying in filmmaking. You can give the same script to 10 different directors and you’ll get 10 different movies. Same applies to budgets.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Zack is
I enjoyed the snyder 4 hr JL movie in one sitting...but this....I struggled in the 2 hours and howevermany minutes. I stopped and started many times
I tried rewatching that junk. It still has no business being 4 hours and completely devoid of humor or fun.

It being better than Whedon cut is fun for a single viewing, but I wish that cut all the sequel baiting and filler.

Sadly, both miss the mark for me. At least Synder cut is watchable and enjoyable for what it is.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Also

The motive to join them was weak af

All them risking their lives to save a village and some farmers? Foh

There was no real stakes for them to join, they just got a weak ass pep talk from old girl and was like “I’m in” :ehh:
I'm halfway through and that massive fleet of ships(the villains) visiting that tiny poor village out of the entire planet was baffling and didn't make sense. Like shouldn't y'all be conquering massive governments, cities, and their industries:patrice:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I don't hate it as much as you guys but I had an OK time. Took me back to the ehh movies I'd rent from Blockbuster and eat some ehh 🍕.I'm talking about movies like Legion, Dracula Untold, and the Charlie Hunnam King Arthur. It wasn't fire like Equilibrium :banderas:

I agree with all the criticisms like the lead was weak, the movie was derivative, the city cgi was terrible, and the supporting cast was underdeveloped. I thought that the farmers living in medieval times with the rest of the universe being in the future was beyond dumb.

I've seen worse movies, and didn't completely hate it:manny:

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't hate it as much as you guys but I had an OK time. Took me back to the ehh movies I'd rent from Blockbuster and eat some ehh 🍕.I'm talking about movies like Legion, Dracula Untold, and the Charlie Hunnam King Arthur. It wasn't fire like Equilibrium :banderas:

I agree with all the criticisms like the lead was weak, the movie was derivative, the city cgi was terrible, and the supporting cast was underdeveloped. I thought that the farmers living in medieval times with the rest of the universe being in the future was beyond dumb.

I've seen worse movies, and didn't completely hate it:manny:
That really is like warhammer 40k :russ:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I'm halfway through and that massive fleet of ships(the villains) visiting that tiny poor village out of the entire planet was baffling and didn't make sense. Like shouldn't y'all be conquering massive governments, cities, and their industries:patrice:
Over some grain too :dahell:

All these warriors to fight for a poor ass village over some bread?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Over some grain too :dahell:

All these warriors to fight for a poor ass village over some bread?
Straight up Saturday morning cartoon shyt.

Like... The movie should a spend at 15 minutes with the main character. Have the bad guys searching planets to hunt her.

It's a so much more compelling dynamic.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Straight up Saturday morning cartoon shyt.

Like... The movie should a spend at 15 minutes with the main character. Have the bad guys searching planets to hunt her.

It's a so much more compelling dynamic.
Ot was just basic and sloppy motivation

I think thats what made me dislike it more than anything.

Like they went looking all over the universe for warriors to fight these dudes over some random villages food? Supposedly great warriors too.. like what motivation would they have to literally go one a suicide mission?

Rogue One did it better