Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Female led action movies never work

They are not convincing and everytime they are shown in a scene of aggression or leadership it's akward

Yea I know its just movies and you need to suspend belief but females in action roles just doesnt work 90% of the time. When you look at male action leads and even comic characters they tend to at least look the part and be jacked. The rock, Cena, thor, superman, stallone, Arnold and so on. The women barely got any muscle so seeing a woman trade blows with grown man, let alone a trained soldier is laughable. And in a lawless apocalyptic world only the strongest survive so there is no way women would even be in positions of authority in the universes these movies take place in.

And in this particular movie I dont think the lead was a good actress and her performance was flat and never engaging. This movie needed a strong lead and great actor for it to work. Would have been great with someone like Jonathan majors as the lead for example.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yea I know its just movies and you need to suspend belief but females in action roles just doesnt work 90% of the time. When you look at male action leads and even comic characters they tend to at least look the part and be jacked. The rock, Cena, thor, superman, stallone, Arnold and so on. The women barely got any muscle so seeing a woman trade blows with grown man, let alone a trained soldier is laughable. And in a lawless apocalyptic world only the strongest survive so there is no way women would even be in positions of authority in the universes these movies take place in.
See the crazy part is, physical strength is the only way male heroes can do action.

Even with guns, they still have to be fit and jacked. No one would pay for fat John Goodman as a John Wick.

But women can actually do more varied roles to show strength but most modern action flicks are just aping other action flicks. So Bourne, Wick , and Taken are the Like standard. Michelle Pfizer’s Catwoman using that whip made her look strong and intimidating but when the did, her in the DKR and The Batman, they did without the one thing that makes her standout as a threat.

Furiosa was driving a big rig in most of Fury Road.

A lot of modern action flicks are just lazy copy and paste.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also

The motive to join them was weak af

All them risking their lives to save a village and some farmers? Foh

There was no real stakes for them to join, they just got a weak ass pep talk from old girl and was like “I’m in” :ehh:

Djimon's character was supposed to be in a depressive guilt ridden stupor - shorty hit em with the "I have no time for pity. Revenge!" and the breh was ready to suit-up right away

Not even Naruto's talk-no-jutsu was that strong

nikkas getting recruited for a random suicide mission off of the strength of dapn :mjlol:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Djimon's character was supposed to be in a depressive guilt ridden stupor - shorty hit em with the "I have no time for pity. Revenge!" and the breh was ready to suit-up right away

nikkas getting recruited for a random suicide mission off of the strength of dapn :mjlol:
Thats what made me write what I wrote

They went looking for him and he was just like “lets go” immediately?

I feel like the stories were missing parts

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

That's all of the band of misfit hero movies though. Only 1 or 2 of them ever have a reason, the rest do it because they're asked, or fall into it. To critique that is to critique the trope.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That's all of the band of misfit hero movies though. Only 1 or 2 of them ever have a reason, the rest do it because they're asked, or fall into it. To critique that is to critique the trope.

No

The Trope is fine, but the execution was terrible.

I don’t know how to efficiently articulate it in text via coli but if you watch the Double Toasted show. The explain and break it down fine

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Also

The motive to join them was weak af

All them risking their lives to save a village and some farmers? Foh

There was no real stakes for them to join, they just got a weak ass pep talk from old girl and was like “I’m in” :ehh:
They all lost everything in their lives and are damn near suicidal . Getting vengence on someone that ruined someones life seems like a decent motive to me :yeshrug: