Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's all of the band of misfit hero movies though. Only 1 or 2 of them ever have a reason, the rest do it because they're asked, or fall into it. To critique that is to critique the trope.
Yeah like seven samurai/magnificent seven

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
543440021516.webp

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
For my non-Muslim friend's:

The name of Issa is (Jesus Christ peace be upon him) in the Qur'an

The Qur’an attributes many miracles to Jesus.

In the Qur'an Issa breathed into a clay bird and with God's permission gave life to the bird. In Rebel Moon a character called Princess Issa is seen giving life to a dead bird. coincidence?

Qur'an reference 5:110

"And ˹on Judgment Day˺ Allah will say, “O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour upon you and your mother: how I supported you with the holy spirit so you spoke to people in ˹your˺ infancy and adulthood. How I taught you writing, wisdom, the Torah, and the Gospel. How you moulded a bird from clay—by My Will—and breathed into it and it became a ˹real˺ bird—by My Will. How you healed the blind and the lepers—by My Will. How you brought the dead to life—by My Will. How I prevented the Children of Israel from harming you when you came to them with clear proofs and the disbelievers among them said, “This is nothing but pure magic.”

I actually give them credit for NOT making the female lead character secretly the "dead" princess in disguise.
As soon as they mentioned that the old king was dead, I was pretty sure that somehow the main character would be "the rightful heir" or whatever.

Of course, eventually they will probably come up with come convoluted way to make her the real heir/Chosen One :francis:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I actually give them credit for NOT making the female lead character secretly the "dead" princess in disguise.
As soon as they mentioned that the old king was dead, I was pretty sure that somehow the main character would be "the rightful heir" or whatever.

Of course, eventually they will probably come up with come convoluted way to make her the real heir/Chosen One :francis:

Bet the blonde farmer girl is the heir

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

The Roman's do not kill Issa (as) in the Qur'an but is made to look like it..unlike the Bible narrative.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is shockingly generic. Like, it doesn't suck ASS, but the entire movie felt like rehashed. There wasn't anything new or original whatsoever.

1. Snyder thought of 3 or 4 really COOL action scenes and wrote the entire screenplay around them. Everything seemed like just a preamble to another Snyder slow motion action scene.
  2. NOTHING, not one idea was original in this movie. Everything seemed so derivative...from space nazis, to old houses fueding, I mean, how much was ripped off from the most recent dune? From star wars? From LOTR? This was so old yet brand new. Smfh. I'm SHOCKED there wasn't a Macguffin they had to chase to win the final battle but that's probably part 2.
  3. This should've been a TV show, and the "PART ONE" and world building movie would've been a good season 1 instead. I'm fukking tired of incomplete stories.
  4. The accents. Why...the fukk...does everyone have a European accent? Another intergalactic space odyssey with everyone being Irish scottish, English, or (in the case of fake gal gadot, the star protagonist), Israeli with the accents. fukkin terrible and overacted forced accents.
D+. There are SOME decent visuals which made me almost say C-, which again, Dune did better, but everything else is a fail.

Last edited:

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
The main actress was the big problem for me. She was wooden af and didn't really have the chops to sell the gravity of the situation. They honestly dropped the ball with casting her. A better actress could've saved this a bit. Also I don't understand why the robot, farm girl, and awol soldier didn't go on the quest with the main character. That was another dropped ball. Dumb movie but somehow the visuals and slowmo will have me watch part 2. Snyder always finds a way. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The main actress was the big problem for me. She was wooden af and didn't really have the chops to sell the gravity of the situation. They honestly dropped the ball with casting her. A better actress could've saved this a bit. Also I don't understand why the robot, farm girl, and awol soldier didn't go on the quest with the main character. That was another dropped ball. Dumb movie but somehow the visuals and slowmo will have me watch part 2. Snyder always finds a way. :francis:
Fake Gal Gadot was terrible. Really a lazy ass performance.

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What I saw
  • Space Ships, electric doors vs using Deer Horses to pull a plow
    • (explained in the movie though! They want to be closer to the land)
  • Random Medieval Music
  • The Hans Landa Scene from Inglorious Basterds - telegraphed so hard, but lacking the tension.
  • The Plot of Seven Samurai - sure it's a classic, I'm sure Snyder will put his own spin on it
  • PG Injuries from "plasma bullets" and "light saber" burns
  • The Team Up sequence of Suicide Squad - 2 seconds of pleading, sure I'll joint. And complete with Asian Sword Lady
  • Speaking of Light Saber? No Light Katana? No..something
    • cuts through anything, waits until end of fight to use the most effective weapon
  • The Bar from every Star Wars ever
  • Bacta Tank Action - not clear if Japanese Tentacle Action
  • Some John Woo slides
  • Trademark Snyder Slo-Mo
  • To be clear - the fight scenes were a level above Boba Fett the series, I don't like those either.
The characters
  • John Carter/Tarzan? + the Avatar scene? Really?
  • Incel Farmer offering up War Chica to the big bad hunter...why? It's clear he likes her...was this to set up his manning up at the end of the film?
  • Charlie Hunnam heel turn - predictable (which is fine, it was telegraphed pretty hard)
    • I guess they had some LOTR Orc masks lying around.
  • Digimon Honsu and Brother from the Matrix - who was gonna lead the troops into battle?
  • Furiosa Rebel - she got screen time because?
  • The most evilest Space Nazi ever
This was gonna be the year that I stopped being a pirate. This was gonna be the film...

Naw, I'm good.

And of course I'm watching the 2nd movie. I WATCHED ALL OF SHE-HULK AND MS MARVEL. I love punishment.
If he releases an extended Snyder cut, giving all the characters more room to breath, I'll watch that.

This just didn't really knock it out of the park for me.

I guess I'm gonna pull up Denzel's Magnificent Seven and rewatch that.