Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
It took two days but I finally got through it. The movie doesn't start until the last 50 mins. Outside it being about space rebels like 1000s other scifi stories, I don't see the star wars comparisons. Its a 40k rip off right down the language they use. Only significantly tamer and with villains who are clearly villains. What's the over-under on mind space demons showing up, just because? They already have the catholic fascism aesthetic, warp space and FTL mental communication with an emperor who culls xenos worlds.

This is mid at best and I'm giving it that because the "story" isn't done yet. Apparently he tried to sell this as a video game and I can tell. Its all world building, exposition dumping and action scenes.

We don't know who these characters motivations or why they are there until the last 30 mins. Ray Fisher's cameo had 7 mins of screen time and managed to have more of a complete character arc, at the tail end of the film, than the 6 other main characters in the film. Maybe this next 3 hour part II will give the other main characters lines and backgrounds but I doubt it.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I like this little village setting in the beginning 🥰

It gives me classic RPG vibes 🥰

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This kind of reminded me of a "Star Wars: Visions" (:scust: )
version of that crappy Sci-Fi Channel show "Vagrant Queen" (:scust: :scust:)

Yet, for some reason I kind of, almost, liked it? :manny:

It held my interest enough that I'll probably watch Part 2.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
It took two days but I finally got through it. The movie doesn't start until the last 50 mins. Outside it being about space rebels like 1000s other scifi stories, I don't see the star wars comparisons. Its a 40k rip off right down the language they use. Only significantly tamer and with villains who are clearly villains. What's the over-under on mind space demons showing up, just because? They already have the catholic fascism aesthetic, warp space and FTL mental communication with an emperor who culls xenos worlds.

This is mid at best and I'm giving it that because the "story" isn't done yet. Apparently he tried to sell this as a video game and I can tell. Its all world building, exposition dumping and action scenes.

We don't know who these characters motivations or why they are there until the last 30 mins. Ray Fisher's cameo had 7 mins of screen time and managed to have more of a complete character arc, at the tail end of the film, than the 6 other main characters in the film. Maybe this next 3 hour part II will give the other main characters lines and backgrounds but I doubt it.
Basically off brand 40k:yeshrug:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Also, the costumes aren't very imaginative

Sftm-bison.jpg

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
For my non-Muslim friend's:

The name of Issa is (Jesus Christ peace be upon him) in the Qur'an

The Qur’an attributes many miracles to Jesus.

In the Qur'an Issa breathed into a clay bird and with God's permission gave life to the bird. In Rebel Moon a character called Princess Issa is seen giving life to a dead bird. coincidence?

Qur'an reference 5:110

"And ˹on Judgment Day˺ Allah will say, “O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour upon you and your mother: how I supported you with the holy spirit so you spoke to people in ˹your˺ infancy and adulthood. How I taught you writing, wisdom, the Torah, and the Gospel. How you moulded a bird from clay—by My Will—and breathed into it and it became a ˹real˺ bird—by My Will. How you healed the blind and the lepers—by My Will. How you brought the dead to life—by My Will. How I prevented the Children of Israel from harming you when you came to them with clear proofs and the disbelievers among them said, “This is nothing but pure magic.”