Rebel Moon | Netflix | 12/23/2023

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Why do people think women led ensembles will be successful?

:mjlol:
It should have had a male lead. Lol, Its a dam western.

This and what if S2 E1 both dropped this weekend with female leads.

The amount of female leads in this stuff is way disproportionate to the amount of women who actually watch.

No one is talking about what if and rebel moon is getting mixed reviews. Its like they haven't learned anything yet.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at reviews elsewhere online, I think Zach Snyder being attached makes people more critical than usual.
This movie is completely serviceable for what it is. People acting like this is a crime against cinema are being ridiculous.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
It should have had a male lead. Lol, Its a dam western.

This and what if S2 E1 both dropped this weekend with female leads.

The amount of female leads in this stuff is way disproportionate to the amount of women who actually watch.

No one is talking about what if and rebel moon is getting mixed reviews. Its like they haven't learned anything yet.
I don’t think the problem is that it had a female lead. The problem is the female lead is Sophia Boutella. Being a lead actress is not her lane. At least not one with the sort of depth Zack envisions. She would be great in a nice bubble gum R rated movie like Army of the Dead.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Tell that to a snyder fan lol they still claim zack had his “terrible” script rewritten before filming….

Anyways….this film was like a 13 year old boy saw a bunch of sci fi/westerns and wrote s film he thought would be “cool” and “edgy”. Terrible dialogue, dont care about any of them. Surprise he didnt over do the slo mo as much as usual. Last battle was pretty dope but by the time I had gotten there I lost interest.

Should have gave us the “better” version at the same time as this one. Im sure many members of the Cult went through more than one box of tissues while viewing it.
Didn’t over do the slo mo?
:pachaha:
I feel like it was way too much. Now I have to see what movie he does over do it so I can hate watch.
:heh:
Watching it now. About to see the final battle. It’s a mid movie. Should have read the reviews instead of going in open minded. Could have been cleaning the house these last two hours.
:stopitslime:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
You dudes got to get over this caveman thinking already. If a movie is bad, it's because of a lot of things besides of what sex the lead is.

I thought this was cool, and I'll watch the second day one

You was probabaly hoping Tom Cruise was going to he saved by a woman in Top Gun 2

You probably liked the last Indiana Jones :mjlol:

Of course you will watch the 2nd one..

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
This is what happens when people keep blowing up Zack Snyder’s head. He goes around thinking he’s more profound than what he is. The man needs to find himself a good script writing team. He can dream up epic shyt, and visually put that spectacle on screen. I can’t take away what he can do visually. But when it comes to telling a story, he’s still that 13 year old who liked Watchmen because it had blood and sex. He’s like a juvenile trying to tell an adult story. Which is why Army of the Dead worked for me. That’s his lane.
:russ:Snyder is that edgy 15 year old who draws cyborg ninjas, zombies nazis, and hot schoolgirls with guns in his notebook during class. And yes he did liked Watchmen because it had blood and sex. He confirmed it in an old interview saying. I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.” :hubie:In the same interview bruh said that Batman could get raped in prison in his movies. I don’t hate Snyder bro definitely knows how to direct epic set pieces on screen, and wears his influences on his sleeve. But bro definitely needs a team of great writers. To make better stories and more compelling characters. Either that or make more movies that doesn’t take themselves so seriously.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah just finished it

It wasn’t bad, just felt rushed.

Zack did his over the top slow motion shyt a lil too much to try to give it an “Epic” feel, but it felt too rushed/forced in the story part.

Like someone said, it would’ve been great as a TV show. Give more time to see why these guys would invest their lices over a lil farm especially. I’m in for the second part though

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Also

The motive to join them was weak af

All them risking their lives to save a village and some farmers? Foh

There was no real stakes for them to join, they just got a weak ass pep talk from old girl and was like “I’m in” :ehh:

Yeah that bugged me a lot. Too easy and they didn't even mix up character motivations almost all of them joined for the same reason, "Motherworld killed all my family and friends, I ain't doing shyt anyway, fukk it, sign me up for this suicide mission :manny:". Made it easy as hell to predict who was going to betray them.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah that bugged me a lot. Too easy and they didn't even mix up character motivations almost all of them joined for the same reason, "Motherworld killed all my family and friends, I ain't doing shyt anyway, fukk it, sign me up for this suicide mission :manny:". Made it easy as hell to predict who was going to betray them.
And the gay sexual assault alien had me like “wtf :dahell: :mjlol:

Was that necessary

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Thought it was decent. Will watch sequel :yeshrug:

Rotten tomatoes reviews are usually hot trash. This is a easy movie to bash. But it was entertaining and i want to see where they take it. Only thing that truly bugged me was all the slow-mo actiion sequences
I'll never understand why people give so much credit to rotten tomatoes, a site created by some Asians amd take it as gospel