Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
All you had to say was, "I don't like OutKast".

Ding Ding.

As someone who thought it was a travesty to release "The Love Below" under the name OutKast, I'd have to disagree. While I wouldn't consider them the "GOAT" group, they were quite prolific before 2003. In my personal opinion ATLiens is their best work, but I've never encountered such universal positive response about a rap record as I have about Aquemini. And (at least in my experience) Stankonia (specifically the "B.O.B.", "Ms. Jackson", "So Fresh So Clean" single trio) really pushed their profile up a level in terms of the general population which is a big reason that their double-LP was such a hit. I mean the double only sold about 1.5 million more than Stankonia anyway (the RIAA counts double LP sales twice, even though they don't cost that much more). That's less of a jump than they saw between Aquemini and Stankonia.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They're in my top 5 favorites

I'd give Atliens and Aquemini the classic stamp

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
seae00.jpg

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:lolbron: Wacky... or fukkit, I think I'ma take the cue and start callin' you Weird Warren...

I believe that YOU believe Outkast was b-level and a glorified Black Eyed Peas. But you also believe that McGruff had hit records. You also believe that Benzino didn't run The Source into the ground. See where I'm goin'?

Your opinion of this group is your opinion, fair enough. But this long-running "they weren't even poppin' like that" shyt has been disproved again and again. Maybe not on your block or area, maybe not on a lot of certain specific blocks and areas. But across the board? Yeah they were. In fact, they popped MORE as their careers went on, while others from their era progressively popped LESS.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
How can you listen to 'Kast's catalog and not admit that they're dope?

i dont know. ask somebody that feels that way.

learn how to read, young bul.

All you had to say was, "I don't like OutKast".

I'm not the biggest fan of them either, but to discredit their place in the game is kinda....well, it's kinda bytchmade.

im not discrediting anybody. just putting things in their proper perspective.

theres plenty of people i dont like. i dont like krs-one. i dont like biggie. i dont like scarface. i dont like melle mel. but theres a reason why you dont see me making threads like this about them.

albeit, i think scarface and biggie are overrated but their situations arent on the outrageous scale like this outkast chit.

If you hold an unpopular opinion, just express it. Lol@hiding being "real heads" you invented out of thin air because your argument is so flimsy.

Agumentum ad populum is already logically fallacious and pathetic.

Lying about what :duck: "real heads" that only exist in your mind think to try and give your opinions some traction is just :snoop:

i hold plenty of unpopular opinions. this isnt one.

im not lying about "real heads". you just arent exposed to such.

Irony = claiming x poster isn't a 'real rap-head' because they don't know basic information about Outkast, yet they call y poster a 'real rap-head' because they said:

"Outkast barely has a footprint in their own region".

:duck:

no d*ck.

ive been watching you post on here for a minute now. you dont know chit period. and im familiar with the poster that i gave props too.

:lolbron: Wacky... or fukkit, I think I'ma take the cue and start callin' you Weird Warren...

I believe that YOU believe Outkast was b-level and a glorified Black Eyed Peas. But you also believe that McGruff had hit records. You also believe that Benzino didn't run The Source into the ground. See where I'm goin'?

Your opinion of this group is your opinion, fair enough. But this long-running "they weren't even poppin' like that" shyt has been disproved again and again. Maybe not on your block or area, maybe not on a lot of certain specific blocks and areas. But across the board? Yeah they were. In fact, they popped MORE as their careers went on, while others from their era progressively popped LESS.

no i dont see where youre going. you lost me in that lox thread, and then in numerous other threads i read not long after, you made a bunch of zig-zag turns and eventually fell off the deep in. check yourself before you try to brush somebody else off as being out there.

that statement youre quoting has never been disproved. and no, i never base anything just off my block or area. i dont think from inside of a box. save the cliches for somebody else.

they popped more as their careers went on because they WENT POP. hip-hop wise, they didnt last any longer than most of the groups that were ahead of them. and most of those groups moreso fell apart rather than "fell off".

i give you props for staying on-topic and i still f**k with you. heres a dap.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
in wacky d's defense , i am a real head. kast are corny. im tired of hearing 3000 in top 10 arguments. outkasts last real album dropped 12 years ago in 2000. yet people wanna use that pop bullshyt to add 10 million in sales to their name and act like noone notices as if that helped their opinion whatsoever.THOUSANDS of other groups in contention with kast have dropped many albums since then shytting on them

outkasts legacy is soft rappers like BOB. masta p's impact on the south > outkast and i would NEVER even try and listen a masta p album. 4 3 2 1 was enough

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what is a "real head" supposed to mean in the first place? people that only agree with what you agree with? kill all that "real hip hop", "fake hip hop" divide and conquer bullsh!t. they got you people running around with a label on your head and at the same time, not realizing that you're running around in circles. all this corny guidelines sh!t just to be a "real hip hop" head. if you ask me, that "real hip hop" head bullsh!t was created by underground artists that can't sell records copping pleas begging people that want to be different and anti-mainstream to buy their music.

one of the problems with the rap sh!t is that there's a lot of hip hop elitists that act like their opinion is so much better than everyone elses yet they're not saying sh!t. outkast is a dope ass group. they have my respect. i don't need to ask you for permission to like them as if i give a f*ck about what you think. who made you the judge of what is and what is not good music? i don't like certain rappers that you may like, i may argue with you and say that a lot of people support half assed sh!t today but i'd be completely out of line to make myself be above everybody else like "i'm a real hip hop head and if you're a real hip hop head,, you can't like outkast". man, f*ck you.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
as a real hip hop head i didnt say i didnt like outkast. im pretty sure wacky didnt say that either. i DO like outkast. i like a lot of other groups too. they aint top 3 material.. and dudes wanna get mad at that well than :umad:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
no i dont see where youre going. you lost me in that lox thread, and then in numerous other threads i read not long after, you made a bunch of zig-zag turns and eventually fell off the deep in. check yourself before you try to brush somebody else off as being out there.

that statement youre quoting has never been disproved. and no, i never base anything just off my block or area. i dont think from inside of a box. save the cliches for somebody else.

they popped more as their careers went on because they WENT POP. hip-hop wise, they didnt last any longer than most of the groups that were ahead of them. and most of those groups moreso fell apart rather than "fell off".

i give you props for staying on-topic and i still f**k with you. heres a dap.

Weird Warren...

Your "Outkast was a b-level group" line is bullshyt, bottom line. They did outlast a lot of the groups that were ahead of them at the time, at least relevance wise. Bone Thugs and Wu-Tang were GIGANTIC in those days... those are the groups more popular than Outkast in the mid-90s. Any other group that was around in that time was either on the same level or lower- this includes ATCQ, Mobb Deep, 8Ball & MJG, Dogg Pound, Goodie Mob, Smif-n-Wessun, whoever else you can think of. And by '98, Kast was past all of them. And it didn't happen by them selling out, it happened by them doing what they always did from the first album on, which was make music that people liked and actually bought. That disproves any wild theory you have of them "not poppin' like that" in their prime.