Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
They hade 6 albums all of them are multiplatinum.
And for that Speakerboxxx and love below, half of it was straight hiphop the other half experimental.
You had to pay a lot more to buy the album, so therefore double sales.

And vvv, you were the first to mention sales I replied to that, cause I couldn't understand anything else.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^im sure the black eyed peas can say the same thing.

your statement is wrong by the way. they have 4 multi-plat albums. not 6.

alot of similarites between both groups as well.:umad:

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
the love below is responsible for half of that 20 million. you do know that, right?

they were not #3 in '96. they werent even the top group IN THEIR LANE.

atliens isnt even a classic.

i never said that they sold out. i just said that most of their success isnt a product of hip-hop.

they didnt last longer than bone & wu. those groups basically fell apart, and even then theyve done more recent things of relevance than outkast.

nice touch at the end. real mature. im keeping track of all of this. so when i start chittin on niccas, i dont want to hear nobody try to make me seem like the bad guy on some "he didnt do anything to you" type chit.

Their lane---Southern rap groups from the mid 90's? Who was a bigger?...UGK, 8Ball & MJG,Three Six,Ghetto Mafia,Geto Boyz??? :childplease:

And let's get this straight, most of their success isn't a product of hip hop?

Southernplaya...--platinum
ATLiens--2x platinum
Aquemini--2x platinum
Stankonia--4x platinum
Speakerboxx/Love Below-Diamond..even if you only count Big Boi's side that's 5 million records...or 2.5 however the RIAA counts it.

:childplease:

They didn't last longer than Bone & Wu??

Bone debut EP came in 94, reached their peak in 95..a bunch of cac,asian diehard fans bought Art Of War and they faded away, only to come back with Swizz beats damaging their legacy making trash records with Phil Collins.

Wu debut in 92, reached god status in 95 all the way through 97, by the turn of the decade they were washed, barely went platinum with The W and flopped with Irong Flag.

Kast debut went platinum they ended their 10 year run with a diamond album.

:rudy:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I was counting as two albums and Idlewild as an OST.
But I didn't know Southernplaya.... didn't go multplat.

The hardest choice is between ATCQ and Outkast,

Wacky Hot Boys, Tru, Dipset and G-unit >>> Run DMC, PE, N.w.a., EPMD and Gangstarr? Or how do you rate your groups :ehh:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Their lane---Southern rap groups from the mid 90's? Who was a bigger?...UGK, 8Ball & MJG,Three Six,Ghetto Mafia,Geto Boyz??? :childplease:

ATLiens--2x platinum
Aquemini--2x platinum
Stankonia--4x platinum
Speakerboxx/Love Below-Diamond..even if you only count Big Boi's side that's 5 million records...or 2.5 however the RIAA counts it.

Bone debut EP came in 94, reached their peak in 95..a bunch of cac,asian diehard fans bought Art Of War and they faded away, only to come back with Swizz beats damaging their legacy making trash records with Phil Collins.

Wu debut in 92, reached god status in 95 all the way through 97, by the turn of the decade they were washed, barely went platinum with The W and flopped with Irong Flag.

in 'Iron Flag's defense, it did go gold. as did Immobilarity, Bobby Digital, Beneath The Surface, The Pillage & Supreme Clientele.

and Tical2000 went platinum plus.

but yeah, Wu was on life support post Forever and put out a gang of spotty material and were a mess.

still there were gems to be mined from the chaos.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
in 'Iron Flag's defense, it did go gold. as did Immobilarity, Bobby Digital, Beneath The Surface, The Pillage & Supreme Clientele.

and Tical2000 went platinum plus.

but yeah, Wu was on life support post Forever and put out a gang of spotty material and were a mess.

still there were gems to be mined from the chaos.

I thought we were talkin as a group but...Wu had nothing but diehards left after Forever came out, none of those albums got any burn outside of the lil nerdy wu fanboy circle (outside of Supreme Clientele) and of course Meth did numbers since he was the driving force behind the groups populairty mainstream wise.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

ATLiens--2x platinum
Aquemini--2x platinum
Stankonia--4x platinum

I think BTNH is the only group even close to Outkast as far as sales go and the only group to top them 94-2000.

The dopest thing about outkast is that they never really peaked musically, the music was just different. The reviews were the same all throughout their career.
I don't think anyone kept it that consistent through that amount of time.