Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Don't speak for other "rap-heads" in regards to Outkast - you're in the EXTREME minority with your views:stopitslime:

how would you know? youre far from a rap-head.

and it doesnt help that you dont even know basic information concerning your favorite group. you prolly werent even around when they were actually good.

Wacky D, you should change your name to Weird Warren.

/arcane CB4 reference

lol.

Their lane---Southern rap groups from the mid 90's? Who was a bigger?...UGK, 8Ball & MJG,Three Six,Ghetto Mafia,Geto Boyz??? :childplease:

And let's get this straight, most of their success isn't a product of hip hop?

Southernplaya...--platinum
ATLiens--2x platinum
Aquemini--2x platinum
Stankonia--4x platinum
Speakerboxx/Love Below-Diamond..even if you only count Big Boi's side that's 5 million records...or 2.5 however the RIAA counts it.

:childplease:

They didn't last longer than Bone & Wu??

Bone debut EP came in 94, reached their peak in 95..a bunch of cac,asian diehard fans bought Art Of War and they faded away, only to come back with Swizz beats damaging their legacy making trash records with Phil Collins.

Wu debut in 92, reached god status in 95 all the way through 97, by the turn of the decade they were washed, barely went platinum with The W and flopped with Irong Flag.

Kast debut went platinum they ended their 10 year run with a diamond album.

:rudy:

location is not a lane. the fugees ran the lane that outkast was in. kast was a distant 2nd.

why do you insist on bringing up sales for a crossover group? youre not helping your case at all.

your bone summary is completely wrong. from your false facts all the way down to you screwing up the timeline. you dont know what youre talking about. literally, the only thing you had correct was that their EP dropped in '94.

no, kast didnt last longer than bone or wu. outkast has been a glorified pop group for the past 12 years. granted they managed to sneak in a few gems here n there but overall theyve been a glorified black eyed peas.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I was counting as two albums and Idlewild as an OST.
But I didn't know Southernplaya.... didn't go multplat.

The hardest choice is between ATCQ and Outkast,

Wacky Hot Boys, Tru, Dipset and G-unit >>> Run DMC, PE, N.w.a., EPMD and Gangstarr? Or how do you rate your groups :ehh:

ATCQ is superior to outkast as well.

i dont consider dipset or g-unit to be groups. theyre record labels and at the very least - mixtape crews.

i dont exactly know what you mean by the bolded.

as for the ">>>>" question, the hot boys are higher on my list than gangstarr. thats about it.(again, im not counting dipset & g-unit). eat your heart out on that one, big mel.

and what i mean by list is my official tissue list. not a list of my favorites. i think thats where the lines get blurred for alot of people. particular those who pass off b-level groups like outkast as "the goats".

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i dont consider dipset or g-unit to be groups. theyre record labels and at the very least - mixtape crews.

as for the ">>>>" question, the hot boys are higher on my list than gangstarr. thats about it.(again, im not counting dipset & g-unit). eat your heart out on that one, big mel.

and what i mean by list is my official tissue list. not a list of my favorites. i think thats where the lines get blurred for alot of people. particular those who pass off b-level groups like outkast as "the goats".

you gonna give mel a heart attack

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
and anyone who says the first Outkast album didn't get that "jeep" burn is lying. the second was more cerebral but even that had brothers in my crew reciting that "i came into this world high as a bird, from second hand cocaine powder i know it sounds absurd"

my good brother loved that verse. this is a brother who got smacked by the Rockefeller drug laws hard.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches

:what: What in the fukk?

In what world and under what criteria?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
props on the black eyed peas sentence. kast barely has a footprint in their own region, let alone hip hop. wu tang is the greatest group of all time. undeniable

:yes::yes::yes:
but these dudes dont want to talk about that.

real rap-head. wassup!!

you gonna give mel a heart attack

haha. mel in here fuming.

and no mel, the hot boys are not my favorite group.

Maybe the reason OutKast doesn't have many progeny is because they're unique and difficult to duplicate.

theyre rather easy to duplicate actually.

not to mention that the majority of their style was lifted off of other groups in the 1st place.

:what: What in the fukk?

In what world and under what criteria?

in due time my man....in due time.

the mark of a legendary thread host: always leave the subscribers in suspense.:win:

a thread tha focuses on such topics is in the works.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and anyone who says the first Outkast album didn't get that "jeep" burn is lying. the second was more cerebral but even that had brothers in my crew reciting that "i came into this world high as a bird, from second hand cocaine powder i know it sounds absurd"

my good brother loved that verse. this is a brother who got smacked by the Rockefeller drug laws hard.

Dope fukking verse. Dre basically blacked out on ATLiens and coasted on the rep he earned then forever since. He's had dope verses here and there over the years, but ATLiens was him at his peak.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
:yes::yes::yes:
but these dudes dont want to talk about that.

real rap-head. wassup!!

haha. mel in here fuming.

and no mel, the hot boys are not my favorite group.

theyre rather easy to duplicate actually.

not to mention that the majority of their style was lifted off of other groups in the 1st place.

Most of your rebuttals basically amount to "Nuh Uh!!"

This is your whole debate style right here

Last edited by a moderator: