Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theyre classified in that bubble, whether yall like it or not.

its not even a bad thing but whatever.

That's the thing, if you're attempting to put them into the backpacker crowd, there goes your "real heads" claim. No one goes harder at representing "real heads" than backpackers who scoff at anything that doesn't fit what they perceive as "real, authentic Hip Hop".

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nobody's misquoting you. You continue to back peddle, side stop and flat out avoid valid points that nullify your narratives.

You claimed OutKast did not put Atlanta on. Now when somebody that's actually from Atlanta (via Macon) says otherwise, you pretty much contradict yourself by agreeing, but downplay it by chalking it up to "local impact" when local impact was one of your talking points.

atlanta been on since like '90-91, outkast aint drop til '93.

and you yourself said that there were big groups coming out of atlanta before outkast.:hula:is it oochie wally or is it one mic???

local impact was NEVER one of my talking points. youre lying on my name at this point. I don't play that chit.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That's the thing, if you're attempting to put them into the backpacker crowd, there goes your "real heads" claim. No one goes harder at representing "real heads" than backpackers who scoff at anything that doesn't fit what they perceive as "real, authentic Hip Hop".

im not attempting to do chit.

that's how people view them IRL.

and I see that you don't know what I mean by "real heads".

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not moving goal-posts. you just didn't comprenhend.

top-tier is running chit. you don't have to be absolute #1. I thought that would be understood on here.
btw, jay-z was indeed absolutely #1 for a few years. so I wouldn't need to move any goal-posts, if that were the case. not to mention, I cant even stand the guy nowadays. I wouldn't move a piece of lent for him, let alone a goal-post. LOL.

youre talking about the '98 group power rankings list. that was the weakest year for groups ever up to that point. and I have them ranked behind groups that didn't even drop albums that year.

Kast made it into the top tier rankings of your own power rankings for two of the years you made the list (1998 and 2003). Yet you want to claim, they were mid careers.

How was 1998 the weakest year for groups? Kast dropped in September of 1998. You have them at like 3-4 of a year they really only showed up in the last of the 3rd quarter for. Same goes for 2003. You're ruining your own argument.

And yes, you're moving goal posts.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
1) These are core rap listeners. That's why there's a split as to which of their albums is the best out of the first three and some even throw Stankonia into the hat, which goes to Chuck D's point about them being the only group to be rewarded with each album.

2) You didn't hold anything

3) Who brought up hybrid rap? Clear indication that you have no idea of what you are talking about. On each album from ATLiens forward, nobody in Hip Hop sounded like Kast in terms of rap style or production wise. It would be years later that artists would start emulating them. Kast were some of the first to talk about being aliens. Then it became cool when Wayne started saying he was a martian. Nothing sounded like "Rosa Parks" or "Spottieottie" or "Elevators" or "B.O.B". Then you had Kast actually applying these vocal effects that made them sound even more alien. Now you have Kendrick Lamar doing it.

1.) you don't get it.

2.) what??

3.) what you mean who brought up hybrid rap?? so basically ive been talking over your head all this time.

4.) lol @ Kendrick. we already know about their influence on industry plants & internet rappers a whopping 15-20 years later. everybody knows that. most people just don't acknowledge it. and its like that for a reason bub. the most you can come up with is lil wayne, who didn't begin to show any glimpse of kast influence until YEARS later when he started throwing any ole thing on wax.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Kast made it into the top tier rankings of your own power rankings for two of the years you made the list (1998 and 2003). Yet you want to claim, they were mid careers.

How was 1998 the weakest year for groups? Kast dropped in September of 1998. You have them at like 3-4 of a year they really only showed up in the last of the 3rd quarter for. Same goes for 2003. You're ruining your own argument.

And yes, you're moving goal posts.

AGAIN '98 was a weak year.
and groups were on their death-bed by 2003 bro.
aint nobody on those lists poppin up in any all-time goat discussions unless they ranked high in better years.

I said UP TO THAT POINT, '98 was the weakest year for groups. I see the reason why I you think I move goal-posts, is because some of yall don't comprehend unless I spell everything out word-for-word.

UP TO THAT POINT, meaning it was a weakest year for groups in comparison to all the years that came before it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not attempting to do chit.

that's how people view them IRL.

and I see that you don't know what I mean by "real heads".

I fully understand what you mean by "real heads". You're trying to disguise your own personal grievances with Kast fans as the opinion of "real Hip Hop heads". Got cha.

Breh, if people in real life viewed Kast the way you do, there would be no need to create threads about them. What is the point in stressing something that you claim isn't true IRL to a bunch of people you claim created the narrative in the first place. What's your end game?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah... I sometimes joke when people say goofy shyt and you just happen to be the one who does, very often :heh:

even if you think that, theres tons of goofy chit being said in here, that you refuse to address.
or at best you address it with kid hands.

you BEEN obsessed with me, like you got a crush or something

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AGAIN '98 was a weak year.
and groups were on their death-bed by 2003 bro.
aint nobody on those lists poppin up in any all-time goat discussions unless they ranked high in better years.

I said UP TO THAT POINT, '98 was the weakest year for groups. I see the reason why I you think I move goal-posts, is because some of yall don't comprehend unless I spell everything out word-for-word.

UP TO THAT POINT, meaning it was a weakest year for groups in comparison to all the years that came before it.

If '98 was so weak, why even rank groups for that year? And the mid career group still made it near the top of the list. Again, you stay moving goal posts.

Same goes for 2003, if groups were on their death bed, you could've easily just left the category off and stated why. It was in fact your list, but you listed groups anyway and then proceeded to put the mid carders near the top even AFTER they:

1) Dropped near the end of the 3ed quarter

2) Dropped an album that you've pretty much dismissed

And we can't act like groups were on their death bed that year considering who all dropped and made an impact.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're wrong. I NEVER said Run DMC didn't have any musical Influence. I asked how many clones did they have. I never backtracked on it. Check @DANJ! Reply to my post on Run DMC in which he clarified how Run DMC did in fact have clones and afterwards agreed to the second half of the post about Run DMC's influence.

Take your own advice breh. You have been wrong up and down this thread and have pride in being wrong, but instead of taking the L, you continue to make up new BS. I mean, you have posters all over the country refuting you and yet you continue in wallowing in lies and conjecture just because you don't agree with Kast being GOAT Contenders.

he "clarified" the run dmc chit because YOU WERE WRONG.
lol @ the bolded. that chit describes YOU.

I have posters all over the country agreeing with me as well. so what you saying?
im not even the 1st person to make this thread. I just did it the biggest. so f*ck outta here tryng to make it seem like its just me. multiple people done swung you around in this thread. but here you go again, trying to insinuate that its just me, because you need a crutch to lean on. MAN THATS CORNY.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
If '98 was so weak, why even rank groups for that year? And the mid career group still made it near the top of the list. Again, you stay moving goal posts.

Same goes for 2003, if groups were on their death bed, you could've easily just left the category off and stated why. It was in fact your list, but you listed groups anyway and then proceeded to put the mid carders near the top even AFTER they:

1) Dropped near the end of the 3ed quarter

2) Dropped an album that you've pretty much dismissed

And we can't act like groups were on their death bed that year considering who all dropped and made an impact.

cuz that's what I do.
im not saying its a bad year for groups that I wouldn't bother with at all.
im just saying that it doesn't hold that much weight in comparison to like 20 other years. theres levels to this chit. that's what yall don't understand.
and 2003 was even weaker. but its not like say 2008, a year that I didn't bother to do any ranking threads on, concerning mainstream rap at least.

fun side-argument tho. I would dap you, if you weren't blatantly lying on me a few posts earlier.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Illmatic didn't immediately shift the culture or change the game in the way that Doggystyle or 36 Chambers did months earlier.

The 5 mic thing isn't a footnote. It is one of the first lines of defense.

illmatic definitely had more influence on the mic than 36 chambers. I mean come on, wutang themselves changed up how they rapped after illmatic.

what im saying is, illmatic was the chit with or without the 5 mics. wasn't nobody really dwelling on the 5 mic chit that heavy but rap nerds.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You didn't even read the quote. He specifically said Kast put the city on.

Breh, how are you gonna say he isn't in a position to say that. He's in a far better position than you. He's been outside of GA to know that. Jeezy's been all over the world.

You are contradicting. I believe you were in an exchange with another poster about Kast's influence on Atlanta and you and I went back and forth about it as well. You're playing dumb.

lol.

you don't get IT. that's the problem.