Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.) no YOU don't get it. everybody with sense tells you this in every thread whenever a similar topic arises. its like a mental roadblock for you or something. its pretty weird actually.

2.) I don't even remember what it was about now. LOL.

3.) all their chit was hybrid from day one. LOL. organized noise told you themselves.

4.) we acknowledged the influence on industry plants before you even entered the thread, and we clowned it accordingly.

The MAJORITY of the people in this thread are telling you how bogus this thread and your comments are and you're still in here back pedaling, downplaying, deflecting, and dismissing anything you don't agree with. That's the difference between you and me. When breh posted that Rollingstone piece, I even agreed that it was bogus, even though it made Kast look good. You, on the other hand dap and support bogus statements like breh who didn't even know Kast until "Ms. Jackson", but because he said he only knew of them as legends because the Internet, you not only sapped it, but asked why everyone was overlooking the post.

Kast was not hybrid from day one. They were never full blown singing on their songs until the third one and it was only one song. Love Below is the only album that could be considered hybrid. Incorporating Curtis Mayfield, Funkadelic, etc. into their production makes it no more hybrid than it does Dr. Dre's production. Furthermore, Organized Noize didn't even produce the vast majority of Kast's music after ATLiens.

Who is we? Nobody was clowned. Stop being insecure and hiding behind "we" and just refer to yourself.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
illmatic definitely had more influence on the mic than 36 chambers. I mean come on, wutang themselves changed up how they rapped after illmatic.

what im saying is, illmatic was the chit with or without the 5 mics. wasn't nobody really dwelling on the 5 mic chit that heavy but rap nerds.

NOBODY called it GOAT or even had it on the plateau of those albums until later.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you keep bringing up these random quotes like they represent the general consensus of something. I don't understand why you dudes put so much stake into industry quotes. you don't know whos in bed with who.

on top of that, philly don't even claim dj drama.

plus, he went to Central. im sure he has a lot of off-brand chit high in his rankings.

Dj Drama is a part of the culture. Gangsta Grillz created careers.

And yeah, you don't get it. These aren't some one off quotes from nobodies. These are quotes from people who actually CREATE, not people who haven't contributed anything of value to the culture.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
He argued influence: he gets posters listing influences, but they don't matter

He argues catalog: you got posters saying Kast has classic albums and he even acknowledges SPCM, but still downplays it by saying it's not something he'd be proud to call classic. Even still, he has yet to say which albums of theirs isn't good/great

He argues media bias: he gets hit with posters from all over telling him how respected Kast is, but again they are dismissed as weirdoes, but he co-signs a post where the poster admittedly said "Ms Jackson" was his introduction to Kast and he thought they made music for CACS and didn't know they were legends until he came to forums.

He argues that Internet weirdoes hyped up Kast: yet you are making a thread on the Internet arguing with said weirdoes and the kicker is Kast is supposed to be this group that didn't receive criticism because they didn't matter. So what are we doing? And Waccky claims he goes after Mobb and 3-6 the same way, but I'm waiting on the threads.

:wtf: @ the bolded. I never said that. I don't even talk like that. I hope yall don't be misquoting people like this in real-life. chit is lethal. DANGER.

anyway, what it all boils down to, and what a lot of yall don't seem to understand is that ITS LEVEL TO THIS CHIT. its not even about outkast, or me supposedly having a vendetta against them. this is bigger than them. that's the difference between this and the other "outkast is overrated" threads that have been made. this is really about YALL, your stannery, and simplistic thinking.

you cant just say something like "well they were pretty popular and this album got played and that album did alright".:pachaha: MAN THAT AINT CHIT. we're talking about goat status.

yea, lets talk catalog. you cant just circle-jerk each other and agree upon it being classic. you have to have some real meaning behind that chit. SPCM is the only definitive classic in their catalog, and even then, its not on the level of a classic that gets you into that door. the other joints, are morseo cult-classics. if you post this resume up without mentioning any names or titles, it reads more like a top 50 group, as opposed to top 5.

I mean come on, they don't even have any impact classics to lean on as a crutch. by that I mean albums that you may or may not think have classic quality, but they made a classic impact outside of their following. outkast doesn't even have that!!!!!

their influence was limited until recent years all late, when the industry started forcing in plants. in fact, that was one of their biggest knocks beforehand. even the herbs on one of those MTV2 roudtables knocked them for it. but let you tell it, im making it all up.

the rest of this is talk that went over your head.
and yes, when I see a shaky comment about mobb or 3-6 or whoever, I point it out. like a couple weeks ago, somebody tried to sneak and say that prodigy was a fixture in black culture. I nipped it in the bud right then & there, and buddy even dapped me up cuz he knew what he was doing. THE END. theres no need to make a thread about it. outkast stans are a completely different animal. im not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever person on here to make this thread...…….but I see the 3-6 mafia stuff is starting to get out of hand. I can see a thread being made when the more knowledgeable posters who are resistant towards it, get phased out. sorta like how the outkast hype-train wasn't a thing on here until years later.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
LOL. I wouldn't go that far, but @Wacky D does remind me of that one kid who comes up with a whole new set of rules when he's about to lose. In his case, it isn't rules, it's a whole new set of criteria:

I remember playing basketball with a friend. It was supposed to be a first to 10. Ok, I was winning. He changed the rules mid game and said no 2 pointers from that point on. I didn't get it, but cool. I was close to winning anyway and he still lost.

sounds like youre describing yourself here.

you cant even admit when youre wrong, even when its plain as day for a blind man to see. and youre notorious for that on this site.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Who is we? Nobody was clowned. Stop being insecure and hiding behind "we" and just refer to yourself.

"we" as in some of the people that probably sonned you in this thread.

I don't know why you always like to pretent that im the only one arguing with you in this or any thread. its other people that go at you harder than I do.

please stop.

Kast was not hybrid from day one. They were never full blown singing on their songs until the third one and it was only one song. Love Below is the only album that could be considered hybrid. Incorporating Curtis Mayfield, Funkadelic, etc. into their production makes it no more hybrid than it does Dr. Dre's production. Furthermore, Organized Noize didn't even produce the vast majority of Kast's music after ATLiens.

lol

I remember you arguing about this not too long ago, until somebody shut you down with that organized noise interview. and now youre back at it with the same exact argument.

and you do stuff like this all the time. youre just coming off of a couple examples of it in this very thread. from sales-gate to the run dmc fiasco the other day. and that's just from THIS thread.

why do you put yourself out there like this??:mjlol:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're wrong. Now you're trying to prop Kriss Kross up far beyond what they actually were. After the second album and they grew up, Kriss Kross was done. It was more like a 2 album/3 year run tops. And Jermaine Dupri, their producer even says that they weren't taken seriously (Atlanta as a whole) until Outkast.

And here you go contradicting yourself again. You're saying Atlanta was on before Outkast. Now you're saying Atlanta wasn't official until 2003 and you wrote off that whole movement (crunk) as a hoax. Sit down, because you're clearly saying anything to discredit Kast at this point.

:what::dahell: are you talking about?

im not proppin chit up. I just said you were wrong for saying kriss kross had no staying power. they had the standard mainstream run or 3 albums/5 years. THATS IT THATS ALL. I never said they meant anything to the atlanta rap scene or anything like that. I was gonna just leave it alone, cuz I just knew you were gonna take my comment WAY out of context and into some ole other chit.

and I hate to break it to you buddy, but atlanta as whole STILL ISNT TAKEN SERIOUSLY. this is why stuff like this isn't for the locals to speak on. they cant tell you what gaijins think of them. you have to let the gaijins speak for themselves.

being on and being official are two completely different things. im not contradicting anything. your comprehension skills are the problem.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You are disregarding Chuck D and the only reason you're backing down from the statement now is because of how bad it makes you look after being called on it.

You haven't presented anything general or overall except your own opinion, which is why your thread backfired.

im not backing down from anything. I stand by everything I said actually.
yall just trying to paint it like im disregarding whatever he says, and that's not the case.

and no, my thread didn't backfire at all. it did exactly what I set out to do.
actually it did more than that. it exceeded my expectations.:king:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
NOBODY called it GOAT or even had it on the plateau of those albums until later.

nobody calls anything GOAT right off the bat.
but as I already explained earlier, you can tell you have a potential all-timer on your hands if the real-time response to the album is on a certain level.

illmatic was indeed on the same plateau as 36 chambers.
youre just looking at it from a numbers perspective. its funny, because if they didn't eventually drop CREAM and hop on that SWV remix by springtime, you would be dismissing 36 chambers the same way you dismiss illmatic. cuz before they dropped those joints in the spring, 36 chambers was a flop, even despite the big push that MTV gave them.

Dj Drama is a part of the culture. Gangsta Grillz created careers.

And yeah, you don't get it. These aren't some one off quotes from nobodies. These are quotes from people who actually CREATE, not people who haven't contributed anything of value to the culture.

LOL.

youre too caught up in smoke-n-mirrors.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:wtf: @ the bolded. I never said that. I don't even talk like that. I hope yall don't be misquoting people like this in real-life. chit is lethal. DANGER.

anyway, what it all boils down to, and what a lot of yall don't seem to understand is that ITS LEVEL TO THIS CHIT. its not even about outkast, or me supposedly having a vendetta against them. this is bigger than them. that's the difference between this and the other "outkast is overrated" threads that have been made. this is really about YALL, your stannery, and simplistic thinking.

you cant just say something like "well they were pretty popular and this album got played and that album did alright".:pachaha: MAN THAT AINT CHIT. we're talking about goat status.

yea, lets talk catalog. you cant just circle-jerk each other and agree upon it being classic. you have to have some real meaning behind that chit. SPCM is the only definitive classic in their catalog, and even then, its not on the level of a classic that gets you into that door. the other joints, are morseo cult-classics. if you post this resume up without mentioning any names or titles, it reads more like a top 5
0 group, as opposed to top 5.

I mean come on, they don't even have any impact classics to lean on as a crutch. by that I mean albums that you may or may not think have classic quality, but they made a classic impact outside of their following. outkast doesn't even have that!!!!!

their influence was limited until recent years all late, when the industry started forcing in plants. in fact, that was one of their biggest knocks beforehand. even the herbs on one of those MTV2 roudtables knocked them for it. but let you tell it, im making it all up.

the rest of this is talk that went over your head.
and yes, when I see a shaky comment about mobb or 3-6 or whoever, I point it out. like a couple weeks ago, somebody tried to sneak and say that prodigy was a fixture in black culture. I nipped it in the bud right then & there, and buddy even dapped me up cuz he knew what he was doing. THE END. theres no need to make a thread about it. outkast stans are a completely different animal. im not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever person on here to make this thread...…….but I see the 3-6 mafia stuff is starting to get out of hand. I can see a thread being made when the more knowledgeable posters who are resistant towards it, get phased out. sorta like how the outkast hype-train wasn't a thing on here until years later.

You said you don't talk like that, but in the very next paragraph you say the EXACT same thing I was saying you did. You called SPCM a classic and then downplayed it.

You say they have influence and then wrote it off as "they didn't have it until years later" and then talk about it was only on industry plants.

Those other Kast threads aren't crusades to discredit them as a group and disguised as "real heads". Those other posters are brave enough and real enough to state it's their opinion and say they liked some of the music, but feel they are overrated. Fair assessment that has more merit than someone going out of their way to say:

OutKast aren't considered GOAT Contenders by Real heads while proceeding to list personal grievances with Kast fans. That's a display of cowardice and insecurity. Not to be respected.

It ain't Kast stans that are completely different animal, you are. You try to pass off your opinion as facts without backing it up.

At this point, you've pretty much admitted Kast has a classical (and I'm convinced, it's the only Kast album you've listened to) and they have influence.

I am not continuing going back and forth with you about it. People can see for themselves you made an entire thread arguing all these points against Kast and have contradicted yourself at every turn. A mid career group gets top tier placements on your lists. You admit influence, but attempt to downplay it and you say they have a classic and try to downplay that too all while not acknowledging their other albums.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"we" as in some of the people that probably sonned you in this thread.

I don't know why you always like to pretent that im the only one arguing with you in this or any thread. its other people that go at you harder than I do.

please stop.

lol

I remember you arguing about this not too long ago, until somebody shut you down with that organized noise interview. and now youre back at it with the same exact argument.

and you do stuff like this all the time. youre just coming off of a couple examples of it in this very thread. from sales-gate to the run dmc fiasco the other day. and that's just from THIS thread.

why do you put yourself out there like this??:mjlol:

Breh, don't ever call my credibility into question. I am not the poster who claimed Mobb Deep in 1999 was old school and put Eve's debut over their albums and said the streets was feeling it more (don't make me pull up the exact quote) and then proceeded to post Eve's American Music Award performance and an appearance on a daytime talk show (Sally Jesse Raphael) to prove your point all while trying to lean on "it was hot in the streets". You even used sales figures, which you always dismiss unless it supports your narrative.

Even in this thread, you said Atlanta was "on" before Kast, but then said Atlanta wasn't official until 2003. Then you also said in THIS thread that the same movement in 2003 in Atlanta was a hoax and that it was a ploy by the media to dumb down the culture.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Anyone who agrees with this thread is tone death.

OutKast are a top 3 rap duo ever with certified classic albums and songs. Not to mention what they did for the south and putting them on the map.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You typed all that, for this one *

they have verses/songs/albums/movies/interludes/covers that shyt on your favorite artists shyt

The only thing they did that wasn't hip hop was Dre's Love Below disc. You're reaching with this one heavy, they were just as respected/loved as any group besides Wu and Bone by 1996 after they went double platinum with one of the greatest albums of all time with ATLiens, the last album they did before they "sold out" according to you. Add to the fact that they lasted longer than Bone and Wu Tang success wise and you sound like a a

this thread is a joke

All from the first page and got more daps than the OP and the additional posts from OP. Yet this thread didn't backfire. It backfired after the first comment. :whew:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Anyone who agrees with this thread is tone death.

OutKast are a top 3 rap duo ever with certified classic albums and songs. Not to mention what they did for the south and putting them on the map.

:mjlol: @ the bolded.

and this guy had the nerve to come in here and throw insults, right before exposing himself.