Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I didn't ignore chit.

I addressed the rest of your post already, dumbass.

and im not acknowledging you in this thread at all, after you blatantly tried to lie on my name like that. f*ck outta here.

go get a life before its too late. cuz your name is dead in this thread b.
No argument, so now we resort to name calling? :mjlol: fukking clown.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said anything about local impact
that chit is pretty much automatic.

I don't understand how I can be misquoted so much when this entire conversation is on everyone's fingertips.

Nobody's misquoting you. You continue to back peddle, side stop and flat out avoid valid points that nullify your narratives.

You claimed OutKast did not put Atlanta on. Now when somebody that's actually from Atlanta (via Macon) says otherwise, you pretty much contradict yourself by agreeing, but downplay it by chalking it up to "local impact" when local impact was one of your talking points.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nobody's misquoting you. You continue to back peddle, side stop and flat out avoid valid points that nullify your narratives.

You claimed OutKast did not put Atlanta on. Now when somebody that's actually from Atlanta (via Macon) says otherwise, you pretty much contradict yourself by agreeing, but downplay it by chalking it up to "local impact" when local impact was one of your talking points.

im not back-peddling.

he didn't say outkast put atlanta on. nor is he in a position to say that anyway. that's for people outside of Georgia to decide.

im not contradicting anything. you just posted up a vague quote and tried to steer the narrative into the direction of you agrenda.

I never said they had no impact locally. youre mixing my posts up, or maybe getting me confused with someone else. but to your credit, im sure youre not doing that on purpose like a couple of these other dudes.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No argument, so now we resort to name calling? :mjlol: fukking clown.

once you start boldly lying on my name and chit, that's when im done with dudes on here.

there is no argument with you. I been dismissed you. I don't know what part of that you don't understand or why youre still in here.

and please don't do that. trust me homie, you don't want to resort to insults.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Even sillier is the Teebow comparison. When this thread was made, Teebow was someone who had somewhat of a hype behind him. Since, he isn't even in the NFL anymore. His whole steeze was him taking a knee for religious purposes and being a virgin, which had nothing to do with his QB performance. He isn't legend status, Kast is.

You would've been better off comparing Kast to Kaepernick. That's asking too much though because at the time this thread was created, Kaep had just gone to the Superbowl as a rookie quarter back off the bench. He had like record setting season. He's since become an icon.

:dahell:

what kinda casual chit is this?

if you don't follow football like that, why would you even take on this argument?

Below is where this thread became silly:

You made an argument against "hipster Internet fans" all while sounding like a "hipster Internet fan" by stating you were on Kast 8 years before they were.

You claim the "GOAT contender" (which is Internet lingo anyway) came out of nowhere all while saying the media started revising their history 8 years prior to the date of the thread.

I don't even know what youre talking about here.

youre all over the place.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Breh, as I said Nas was a critics pick too. Illmatic flopped out the gate at a time when Meth, Biggie, Warren G, Snoop, Wu, and a host of others had a banner year. Nas was the only one with 5 mic album and that 5 mics gave Illmatic a lasting co-sign.

OutKast's resume qualifies them for GOAT status as much as any group you could put up.

illmatic was a landmark release in the streets & in the game, as it changed the way people rapped.
you kinda had to be there to understand. the 5 mic chit is just a footnote really.

lol @ the bolded. STOP IT.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Don't forget that Ball & G were pushed by Suave House, they got they initial cosign in Houston. To say that P blew up the South with no supporting argument is irrational...I'm with you all the way on this one...

P pioneered a new sound that was previously unheard and untapped. He's a legend for that, and I would say he is a gatekeeper of southern hip hop, he just wasn't solely responsible for it...

P and Kast have different things they are legendary for, but nobody can cosign P as being "more" influential or more of a legend...

Wacky D, where are you from, and where did you grow up?

LMAO. I just now sat down and read this guy's post.

8ball & MJG and suave house were regional. if you were around, you would know this.

but yet, you have the nerve to ask my age?? that chit is an insult. I can tell from right here, that I have Fujis older than you. lol. you prolly don't even know what that is.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Alternative rap has nothing to do with Dungeon Family not holding down The South. They definitely held it down regardless of whatever label you want to apply to them as an attempt to discredit their impact. You can't be a fan of Southern Hip Hop and not be a fan of Kast.

And yeah, making statements like Master P is more legendary than Kast and P blew up the South is a testament to your Hip Hop consciousness not pre-dating 1998. Again, P is directly responsible for Louisiana blowing up. Other cities in The South were already on by 1998 and he didn't even move South until AFTER there was a market. Memphis, TN already had Eightball & MJG who were already utilizing Pen & Pixel graphics (the same album cover designers for CMR and No Limit). Miami, FL had 2 Live Crew and a host of Bass artists. ATL had Dungeon Family and bass artists. Houston, TX had Geto Boys/Scarface. New Orleans, LA was the latest city to pop off from The South during the 90's.

this is bullchit.
the majority of kast fans will say some chit like "I don't listen to the south except outkast" or maybe they'll add in scarface or some chit, but the geto boys were some of the legit pioneers.
but you have the nerve to say the bolded. STOP IT.

master p moved the needle for the south. you might not realize it because youre from down there and you automatically grew up on all that chit. its really not your call to argue. its hilarious actually.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
once you start boldly lying on my name and chit, that's when im done with dudes on here.

there is no argument with you. I been dismissed you. I don't know what part of that you don't understand or why youre still in here.

and please don't do that. trust me homie, you don't want to resort to insults.

:umad:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
1) It isn't their consensus best album, which pretty much cancels the notion that the group wasn't critiqued. It also cancels the notion that the group was just their. People that aren't die hard Kast fans point to any of their albums that isn't Idlewild as their best. Each album brought in new listeners. Some liked the new directions, others were critical.

Kast doesn't basically say their first was their best. At most, you have Big Bo in saying SPCM needed that other half mic, because it was a classic.

3) What albums sound like ATLiens, Aquemini, Stankonia, and Speakerboxxx/Love Below before those albums came out?

1.) I agree about each of their albums bringing in new listeners.im
that's partly why I stressed "core rap audience".

2.) youre misquoting the hell out of me in the bolded.

3.) im talking about the whole hybrid rap thing in general. it had already been done plenty times over. nothing groundbreaking.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I did not backtrack. Backtracking would be me fronting like I didn't ask the question. I did ask the question which was rhetorical and you're open to answering it (I know you won't). But I get what you're attempting to do: run away from the gist of the point by attempting to use that quote to discredit my entire argument.

cut the bullchit.

you tried to say run dmc didn't have any musical influence or clones. all in hopes of trying to compare outkast's influence or lack thereof, to that of run dmc.

and then you tried to backtrack when corrected.

you have too much pride over some internet posts. just be a man and take the L gracefully. people will respect you more for it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Exact Chuck D quote:

I’ll tell you this, my personal favorite group of all-time is RUN-DMC. The greatest group of all time Outkast. Outkast is the first group to really be rewarded for every album being different but Public Enemy never created two albums alike because we wanted to make sure when we came out we would never ever repeat ourselves

^^^ He clearly makes a distinction between his favorite (personal opinion) and greatest (more subjective and he even gives commentary as to why)

that's a bullchit reason to claim someone is goat.

chuck d been out of touch bro.