Reasons Why Outkast Will Never Be Seen As GOAT Contenders By Most Real Heads

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's a bullchit reason to claim someone is goat.

chuck d been out of touch bro.

It's not a BS reason when you actually know what know what he's talk ok ng about. It's way more valid than what you're spewing in the OP.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cut the bullchit.

you tried to say run dmc didn't have any musical influence or clones. all in hopes of trying to compare outkast's influence or lack thereof, to that of run dmc.

and then you tried to backtrack when corrected.

you have too much pride over some internet posts. just be a man and take the L gracefully. people will respect you more for it.

You're wrong. I NEVER said Run DMC didn't have any musical Influence. I asked how many clones did they have. I never backtracked on it. Check @DANJ! Reply to my post on Run DMC in which he clarified how Run DMC did in fact have clones and afterwards agreed to the second half of the post about Run DMC's influence.

Take your own advice breh. You have been wrong up and down this thread and have pride in being wrong, but instead of taking the L, you continue to make up new BS. I mean, you have posters all over the country refuting you and yet you continue in wallowing in lies and conjecture just because you don't agree with Kast being GOAT Contenders.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.) I agree about each of their albums bringing in new listeners.im
that's partly why I stressed "core rap audience".

2.) youre misquoting the hell out of me in the bolded.

3.) im talking about the whole hybrid rap thing in general. it had already been done plenty times over. nothing groundbreaking.

1) These are core rap listeners. That's why there's a split as to which of their albums is the best out of the first three and some even throw Stankonia into the hat, which goes to Chuck D's point about them being the only group to be rewarded with each album.

2) You didn't hold anything

3) Who brought up hybrid rap? Clear indication that you have no idea of what you are talking about. On each album from ATLiens forward, nobody in Hip Hop sounded like Kast in terms of rap style or production wise. It would be years later that artists would start emulating them. Kast were some of the first to talk about being aliens. Then it became cool when Wayne started saying he was a martian. Nothing sounded like "Rosa Parks" or "Spottieottie" or "Elevators" or "B.O.B". Then you had Kast actually applying these vocal effects that made them sound even more alien. Now you have Kendrick Lamar doing it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
illmatic was a landmark release in the streets & in the game, as it changed the way people rapped.
you kinda had to be there to understand. the 5 mic chit is just a footnote really.

lol @ the bolded. STOP IT.

Illmatic didn't immediately shift the culture or change the game in the way that Doggystyle or 36 Chambers did months earlier.

The 5 mic thing isn't a footnote. It is one of the first lines of defense.

Outkast produced their own biggest hits and albums. They produced for other artists. They are the only group to become bigger with each album. I could go on

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

im not back-peddling.

he didn't say outkast put atlanta on. nor is he in a position to say that anyway. that's for people outside of Georgia to decide.

im not contradicting anything. you just posted up a vague quote and tried to steer the narrative into the direction of you agrenda.

I never said they had no impact locally. youre mixing my posts up, or maybe getting me confused with someone else. but to your credit, im sure youre not doing that on purpose like a couple of these other dudes.

You didn't even read the quote. He specifically said Kast put the city on.

Breh, how are you gonna say he isn't in a position to say that. He's in a far better position than you. He's been outside of GA to know that. Jeezy's been all over the world.

You are contradicting. I believe you were in an exchange with another poster about Kast's influence on Atlanta and you and I went back and forth about it as well. You're playing dumb.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

im not back-peddling.

he didn't say outkast put atlanta on. nor is he in a position to say that anyway. that's for people outside of Georgia to decide.

im not contradicting anything. you just posted up a vague quote and tried to steer the narrative into the direction of you agrenda.

I never said they had no impact locally. youre mixing my posts up, or maybe getting me confused with someone else. but to your credit, im sure youre not doing that on purpose like a couple of these other dudes.

You didn't even read the quote. He specifically said Kast put the city on.

Breh, how are you gonna say he isn't in a position to say that. He's in a far better position than you. He's been outside of GA to know that. Jeezy's been all over the world.

You are contradicting. I believe you were in an exchange with another poster about Kast's influence on Atlanta and you and I went back and forth about it as well. You're playing dumb.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what kinda casual chit is this?

if you don't follow football like that, why would you even take on this argument?

I do follow football, which is why your Teebow reference is laughable.

I don't even know what youre talking about here.

youre all over the place.

Breh, you come off as a hipster, but want to criticize hipsters. Rather funny.

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
Chris Rock said it best: This thread’s “like playing basketball with a retarded kid and calling him out for double dribble. You gotta let some shyt slide, y’all.”

Take it easy on this tard known as wacky dee. Let him live.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris Rock said it best: This thread’s “like playing basketball with a retarded kid and calling him out for double dribble. You gotta let some shyt slide, y’all.”

Take it easy on this tard known as wacky dee. Let him live.

LOL. I wouldn't go that far, but @Wacky D does remind me of that one kid who comes up with a whole new set of rules when he's about to lose. In his case, it isn't rules, it's a whole new set of criteria:

He argued influence: he gets posters listing influences, but they don't matter

He argues catalog: you got posters saying Kast has classic albums and he even acknowledges SPCM, but still downplays it by saying it's not something he'd be proud to call classic. Even still, he has yet to say which albums of theirs isn't good/great

He argues media bias: he gets hit with posters from all over telling him how respected Kast is, but again they are dismissed as weirdoes, but he co-signs a post where the poster admittedly said "Ms Jackson" was his introduction to Kast and he thought they made music for CACS and didn't know they were legends until he came to forums.

He argues that Internet weirdoes hyped up Kast: yet you are making a thread on the Internet arguing with said weirdoes and the kicker is Kast is supposed to be this group that didn't receive criticism because they didn't matter. So what are we doing? And Waccky claims he goes after Mobb and 3-6 the same way, but I'm waiting on the threads.

I remember playing basketball with a friend. It was supposed to be a first to 10. Ok, I was winning. He changed the rules mid game and said no 2 pointers from that point on. I didn't get it, but cool. I was close to winning anyway and he still lost.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And it's not just Southerners or locals who Kast influenced. There's people from Philly who came to Atlanta to pursue music because of Kast:

Outkast is one of the reasons why I'm in Atlanta, you dig me? I remember driving to Atlanta in '94 with my pop, first listening to Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik.

I've been a fan ever since. So 13 years later, to be in a position to have who I consider the greatest group of all time on my album, it's a blessing."

DJ Drama May Lose His Name, But He'll Always Have Outkast

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And it's not just Southerners or locals who Kast influenced. There's people from Philly who came to Atlanta to pursue music because of Kast:

Outkast is one of the reasons why I'm in Atlanta, you dig me? I remember driving to Atlanta in '94 with my pop, first listening to Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik.

I've been a fan ever since. So 13 years later, to be in a position to have who I consider the greatest group of all time on my album, it's a blessing."

DJ Drama May Lose His Name, But He'll Always Have Outkast

you keep bringing up these random quotes like they represent the general consensus of something. I don't understand why you dudes put so much stake into industry quotes. you don't know whos in bed with who.

on top of that, philly don't even claim dj drama.

plus, he went to Central. im sure he has a lot of off-brand chit high in his rankings.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It's not a BS reason when you actually know what know what he's talk ok ng about. It's way more valid than what you're spewing in the OP.

I do know what hes talking about, and I agree actually.

im saying its a BS reason to crown someone as goat.

sounds like theyre really his favorite.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Chuck D out of touch, but Wacky D's opinion still holds weight, huh... :heh:

im nowhere near the 1st to say that.

but of course, youre just in here to hop on my d*ck, per usual.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
But being top tier =/= running anything though. You're moving goal posts. Jay is slighted in the same way you're attempting to slight Kast. "How is Jay possibly GOAT when he was never #1?" is a common argument.

And you don't even believe Kast was a mid carder. You had them at or near the top in a couple of your own power rankings.

im not moving goal-posts. you just didn't comprenhend.

top-tier is running chit. you don't have to be absolute #1. I thought that would be understood on here.
btw, jay-z was indeed absolutely #1 for a few years. so I wouldn't need to move any goal-posts, if that were the case. not to mention, I cant even stand the guy nowadays. I wouldn't move a piece of lent for him, let alone a goal-post. LOL.

youre talking about the '98 group power rankings list. that was the weakest year for groups ever up to that point. and I have them ranked behind groups that didn't even drop albums that year.