Real talk fukk planet fitness

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
That still makes no sense to me. In order to be intimidated you have to be actively paying attention to the next man. So if you're intimidated, it's not really on the next man working out. If you're able to see what everyone else is doing, instead of focusing on your own workout you already messing up. Not talking about you, just talking in generalities.
Actually, I get it. My workouts could be perceived as intimidating at that kind of gym, but not at my gym. I go into beast mode on my heavy days.
Just the stacks of 45 lbs plates on the barbell I'm using is intimidating or impressive, depends on how you look at it. So, there's no way I could workout at Planet Fitness.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
They are trying to promote "fitness" but they don't want to promote anything that is seen as above average strength and they don't want to be perceived as that kind of gym. It's like what happens if you achieved average fitness levels and you want to go beyond? Time to leave is the answer. Yeah, you can do an Olympic-level workout on the treadmill but you can't do an Olympic-level workout on the Smith machine.

How do you define average strength?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
who get's intimidated by someone grunting and dropping a weight? :wtf:
Actually, I talked to a friend, female, who didn't like going to gyms because she felt intimidated. So she's out of shape and wants to workout, but doesn't really know how to other than to jog on the treadmill.
But she said walking into a gym looked like all these guys were doing their workouts like they were all on a team and everything was kind of coordinated. I told her, everyone is not working out as a group. It's like everyone has a plan when they go in, usually, and you share equipment or wait or do some other exercise. But to her, it appeared like all the dudes were like worker bees or something and it all seemed like they knew what they were doing and she felt like a fish out of water and if she wanted to work out on a machine or use a piece of equipment, she felt like that was going to disrupt what appeared to be a coordinated team exercise. Never really thought about it like that. I told her, well, you just ask if any one is using a piece of equipment, if not, then use it. If they say yes, then just look around for something else similar.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
How do you define average strength?
Bytch-made skinny dude doing squats with 95 lbs. and struggling like Apollo lifting the world.

Just kidding. I've been working out for a long time. There are varying levels of fitness and strength and what I consider average is usually related to one's physique. You can be small and strong, and you can be fat and strong. You can be skinny and weak, and you can be fat and weak. A 135 pound person can bench in the high 200s, they are going to have a physique that goes along with that. A 155 pound person can bench 80 lbs. and he's going to be built like a stick man.
Fat dudes can be deceiving though. Some don't have a lot of muscle under the flab and others are the Incredible Hulk.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Actually, I talked to a friend, female, who didn't like going to gyms because she felt intimidated. So she's out of shape and wants to workout, but doesn't really know how to other than to jog on the treadmill.
But she said walking into a gym looked like all these guys were doing their workouts like they were all on a team and everything was kind of coordinated. I told her, everyone is not working out as a group. It's like everyone has a plan when they go in, usually, and you share equipment or wait or do some other exercise. But to her, it appeared like all the dudes were like worker bees or something and it all seemed like they knew what they were doing and she felt like a fish out of water and if she wanted to work out on a machine or use a piece of equipment, she felt like that was going to disrupt what appeared to be a coordinated team exercise. Never really thought about it like that. I told her, well, you just ask if any one is using a piece of equipment, if not, then use it. If they say yes, then just look around for something else similar.

Everyone starts from the bottom

She just making up excuses not to go

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
but on the real just join lifetime fitness at one of these locations

A.11.0miles away

Life Time Athletic, Atlanta5580 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30342
404-257-0900

Get Directions | View Schedule

DiamondClubB.16.7miles away

Life Time Athletic & Tennis at Peachtree Corners6350 Courtside Drive
Norcross, GA 30092
770-449-6060

DiamondClubC.21.2miles away

Life Time Fitness, Alpharetta855 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005
770-664-9696

GoldClubD.23.2miles away

Life Time Fitness, Woodstock-Mountain Brook14200 Highway 92
Woodstock, GA 30188
770-926-7544

GoldClubE.23.2miles away

Life Time Fitness, Johns Creek11555 Johns Creek Parkway
Johns Creek, GA 30097
770-495-7800

GoldClubF.23.3miles away

Life Time Fitness, Sugarloaf1823 N Brown Rd NW
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
678-226-2099

What the hell, you work for Lifetime Fitness or something? You putting a whole lot of effort into the advertising, son.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
but on the real just join lifetime fitness at one of these locations

A.11.0miles away

Life Time Athletic, Atlanta5580 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30342
404-257-0900

DiamondClubB.16.7miles away

Life Time Athletic & Tennis at Peachtree Corners6350 Courtside Drive
Norcross, GA 30092
770-449-6060

DiamondClubC.21.2miles away

Life Time Fitness, Alpharetta855 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005
770-664-9696

GoldClubD.23.2miles away

Life Time Fitness, Woodstock-Mountain Brook14200 Highway 92
Woodstock, GA 30188
770-926-7544

GoldClubE.23.2miles away

Life Time Fitness, Johns Creek11555 Johns Creek Parkway
Johns Creek, GA 30097
770-495-7800

GoldClubF.23.3miles away

Life Time Fitness, Sugarloaf1823 N Brown Rd NW
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
678-226-2099

Life Time is expensive as fukk

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Life Time is expensive as fukk

it's a little pricey but when you look at the amentities and services they offer it's a pretty solid deal.

2 full NBA sized basketball courts.
100+ piece gym, the latest treadmills, cycles, etc...
Pristine personal training
sauna, swimming pool, jacuzzi
child care services
24 hour a day fitness for whenver you feel like working out.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
it's a little pricey but when you look at the amentities and services they offer it's a pretty solid deal.

child care services
Yea I'm a member there, but unless your gonna be using all of the amenities its a waste of money......I was actually gonna vist a planet fitness and seek out a membership, well until I read this thread......I'm currently looking for a smaller cheaper gym

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny

child care services

so how much per month exactly then?