Real talk fukk planet fitness

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yall serious with this donuts shyt? :what:

That doesn't even make me want to laugh, it makes me want to punch shyt. I understand the no intimidation rule even though it is stupid, but it is damn near unethical to run a gym and give out junk food.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

That doesn't even make me want to laugh, it makes me want to punch shyt. I understand the no intimidation rule even though it is stupid, but it is damn near unethical to run a gym and give out junk food.

My gym has pizza every so often, I don't understand it.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
An alarm?
83061ada_kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif
This is the best video I found on the alarm at that joke of a gym. The same almost identical thing happened to the dude at the beginning of the video.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Never had a problem with PF. They do serve pizza every monday tho. And the alarm only goes off if fools are dropping the free weights alot.

-DMP-

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
i seen 2 old men boning in the lockeroom at the 1 in bmore, they was literally right next to me...i just threw my headphones in and ignored them smh.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I think it depends on the PF. My sister used to work there and she said they were responsible for setting the alarm off and they usually just would do it when they were bored And wanted to scare people.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Free vegetables I understand............free donuts and pizza :dwillhuh:

Who came up with Planet Fitness? :mindblown:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn

Free vegetables I understand............free donuts and pizza :dwillhuh:

Who came up with Planet Fitness? :mindblown:

If you think about it, though; you kinda gotta :salute: the hustle. There ain't no money in getting folks in shape for them. They keep the membership just cheap enough to where if someone signs up around New Year's, if they fall off after a month or two, they ain't really gonna trip on it. So you still getting their money. And then when their conscience kicks in and they say "man I need to hit that gym", they walk in the door and you hit em with pizza and bagels (like they do at the one by my house; ain't know they did donuts too) like :shaq:, so they stay fat and out of shape. And usually they don't peep the hustle, they just figure "well I'm at the gym so I can have this carbohydrate bomb" :manny: It's like pimpin, almost. Like the homey Pretty Tony said:

I think it depends on the PF. My sister used to work there and she said they were responsible for setting the alarm off and they usually just would do it when they were bored And wanted to scare people.

That's what I think too... My wife goes to the one right by our house; I'll pop in there on occasion when I can't go to my regular gym, since it's in the shopping center right across the road from our house. I've seen some reasonably brolic nikkas in there doing squats and stuff, albeit on the smith machine, grunting and stuff. Staff was kinda like :manny: and kept it moving.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
So I visited my cousin over the holidays and he has a gym membership at planet fitness. I didn't think much of it and thought it was just a very popular/mainstream gym (I don't watch tv so no I didn't see the commercials beforehand). He had a black card membership where he could bring a friend and I needed to work out so yeah. We went and the first thing I noticed was that there were no free weights in sight other than dumbbells. Then I noticed that the dumbbells only went up to 60lbs. Finally I was squats on the smith machine and I wasn't being obnoxious or anything, just heavy breathing and some damn alarm started going off. This happened twice then one of the people from the front told me I was intimidating people with my workout and that I had to leave if I kept it up. fukk that place. I put my cousin on the a real gym after attending that circus.

:end rant
Yes, you weren't intimidating the employees but you were working out in a manner that could be seen as intimidating. They are trying to to create an "atmosphere" where anyone who goes there won't feel mentally intimidated by someone who is doing a workout that might be performed in a gym where people are trying to get strong. They are trying to promote "fitness" but they don't want to promote anything that is seen as above average strength and they don't want to be perceived as that kind of gym. It's like what happens if you achieved average fitness levels and you want to go beyond? Time to leave is the answer. Yeah, you can do an Olympic-level workout on the treadmill but you can't do an Olympic-level workout on the Smith machine.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
That still makes no sense to me. In order to be intimidated you have to be actively paying attention to the next man. So if you're intimidated, it's not really on the next man working out. If you're able to see what everyone else is doing, instead of focusing on your own workout you already messing up. Not talking about you, just talking in generalities.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They just built one in my town. Looks like I wont go. If I cant breathe and hype myself up when I lift then what's the point. :scusthov:

I reserve all rights to join depending on the bytches :whoa: