real talk: black people need to stop moving to the burbs

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Why would you stay in the city when you can afford to live elsewhere? .

so people should move just because they can afford it?

your logic is the reason the cities are in poverty. If all the wealth leaves what is left?

So why do i stay?

1. Because its cheap
2. Because Im actually about changing the way things are

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gentrification is a motherfukker, breh. If you're ever in the H, drive through 4th ward. These white developers tore down both 4th ward and parts of 3rd ward and call the area "Midtown" and "Neartown". 3rd ward has been target by the same developers because it's prime real estate and these CACs ain't trying to drive up 288 no more.

yep. i went to go eat at "This is It" and i hadn't been over there since i was a kid. when i drove up i was like :ohhh: OH shyt! expensive ass apartments, shops, and restaraunts SURROUNDED the spot. i didn't even recognize it. people that don't live in houston, go and watch Jason's Lyric and peep out the way the area looked when Jada was getting off work at "this is it". shyt looks NOTHING like that anymore. cacs all over the place now....:shaq2::stopitslime:

Minty

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Peach Creek
that's quite sad
So black should equal poor? That's quite sad to me.
youre a clown............stay in your little sheltered community.......and pray you dont ever have to deal with reality

Yea the real world isn't about economics and class. It's all about getting shot, having baby mommas and keeping it hood. :stopitslime: Just because you're poor doesn't mean you're more real than me.

your logic is the reason the cities are in poverty. If all the wealth leaves what is left?

So why do i stay?

1. Because its cheap

Yea so make six figures, live in the hood and get robbed. You wouldn't understand the dynamics of economics because you're poor. No one who has money would stay in the hood. The hood didn't fail because people with money left. It failed because the infrastructure in the hood is nonexistent.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are missing the OP point.

It wouldn't be a problem if black people was moving to the suburbs and keep the neighborhoods up. But that is not the case. Most of these suburban areas that black people are moving to in droves around country are turning ghetto. It like black people bring that same hood mentality to the suburbs. It like a revisionist in history, where black people move into a nice neighborhood and bring it down while the other ethnicity groups move out.

Also, a lot of these major cities are giving welfare Queens section 8 vouchers in these already establish black middle class areas. Which bring that black middle class area down. You never see these welfare Queens get section 8 vouchers in white middle class neighborhoods.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So why do i stay?

1. Because its cheap

then they complain the city is poor and underpopulated and dangerous.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are missing the OP point.

It wouldn't be a problem if black people was moving to the suburbs and keep the neighborhoods up. But that is not the case. Most of these suburban areas that black people are moving to in droves around country are turning ghetto. It like black people bring that same hood mentality to the suburbs. It like a revisionist where black people move into a nice neighborhood and bring it down while the ethnicity groups leave out.

Also, a lot of these major cities are giving welfare Queens section 8 vouchers in these already establish black middle class areas. Which bring that black middle class area down. You never see these welfare Queens get section 8 vouchers in white middle class neighborhoods.

Bingo. I feel you and reincar. Here in Toronto its the same but not just blacks. In the 80s and 90s a lot of Sikh and and Hindus moved to East York and Scarborough, ON. When they got money rather then establish the community on a positive level in Toronto they moved to 2 large burbs Mississauga and Brampton. And they brought they family and hood block beef with them. Every now and then there's a disptue or honor killing and I know its them. Same with Blacks in America. They move from Detroit to Warren, Sterling Heights, and ruin that, Baltimore, Phila, Dallas, Houston even NYC like mentioned. Just sad. But then they complain there's no barber, no soul food, etc.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Yea so make six figures, live in the hood and get robbed. You wouldn't understand the dynamics of economics because you're poor. No one who has money would stay in the hood.

i make more then anybody in my neighborhood and ive never been robbed.....now what?

The hood didn't fail because people with money left. It failed because the infrastructure in the hood is nonexistent

so what constitutes an infrastructure in your mind?

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The moment the ignorant ranks of our people stop:

1. Protecting criminals by engaging in that stupid "no snitch" bs.
2. Destroying the community
3. Accepting low academic standards
4. Creating single parent households
5. and selling and using drugs

Black people as a whole will rise up together.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
The moment the ignorant ranks of our people stop:

1. Protecting criminals by engaging in that stupid "no snitch" bs.
2. Destroying the community
3. Accepting low academic standards
4. Creating single parent households
5. and selling and using drugs

Black people as a whole will rise up together.

what are you doing to change any of what you just said?